Sponsored

2018+ hood vents

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I put on the MMD vents from the 50% sale and they turned out nicely paint matched, only issue I had was MMD painter even painted the inside silver. it caused the connection points and hardware to all shine and reflect brightly behind the vent, so I black satin wrapped all the silver surfaces visible from the vent area, might just pop them off later and spray paint if the vinyl wears off. fit and finish is decent, might see some slight gaps, but my stock vents had those anyway on certain sides.

DSC_3733.JPG
DSC_3734.JPG

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished installing mine. The hood cuts fairly easily

upload_2020-6-4_8-53-41.png

upload_2020-6-4_8-54-4.png
They look nice was looking at those. Some constructive criticism, paint the car color black. Showing in & around the interior edge of the vent.

You want to see how it would look before attempting. Use some black electric tape, on the inside edge.

Think you will like the affect.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Love the look of these. I did the same but with black vents on Magnetic. Ties in the other black accent pieces.

I put on the MMD vents from the 50% sale and they turned out nicely paint matched, only issue I had was MMD painter even painted the inside silver. it caused the connection points and hardware to all shine and reflect brightly behind the vent, so I black satin wrapped all the silver surfaces visible from the vent area, might just pop them off later and spray paint if the vinyl wears off. fit and finish is decent, might see some slight gaps, but my stock vents had those anyway on certain sides.

DSC_3733.JPG
DSC_3734.JPG

Sponsored

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
Sure, but they are crappy in the garage pics for now............

xH2Q9Im.jpg

aim0Jc5.jpg

pLambul.jpg

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
They look nice was looking at those. Some constructive criticism, paint the car color black. Showing in & around the interior edge of the vent.

You want to see how it would look before attempting. Use some black electric tape, on the inside edge.

Think you will like the affect.
I probably will paint the inside edges black eventually. Not a high priority for me as this was purely for functionality not aesthetic.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I probably will paint the inside edges black eventually. Not a high priority for me as this was purely for functionality not aesthetic.

I recognize functionality & purpose when I see it, and the finish is part of it...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Love the look of these. I did the same but with black vents on Magnetic. Ties in the other black accent pieces.
Yeah I was on the fence on getting gloss black or satin. but my wheels are gunmetal and mirror caps/roof/spoiler are silver so I went for color match.

I also like the view from cockpit, can really see the vents easily over stock.

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 PP2 1966 Mustang Sprint 200
Soooo a month ago I ordered the Air Designs hood vents from a dealer in TN. Just got off the phone with them. Very nice and respectful individuals. Apparently they’re backordered due to the pandemic. Rightfully so. They should be here in a few weeks.

But I had another thought. With the three vents, those who have them installed, how much of the hood do you see through the non-function vents?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo a month ago I ordered the Air Designs hood vents from a dealer in TN. Just got off the phone with them. Very nice and respectful individuals. Apparently they’re backordered due to the pandemic. Rightfully so. They should be here in a few weeks.

But I had another thought. With the three vents, those who have them installed, how much of the hood do you see through the non-function vents?
Check post #256 and have some matt black vinyl ready :like:

WD :like:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Real hood vents.
With the blades goin inside to deflate the air.
And some kind of wickers in the front to create low pressure just behing to facilitate the air extraction.
I understand this seems extreme but those are the only ones really working.
20200531_120151_HDR.jpg
20200531_120212_HDR.jpg
20200531_120148_HDR.jpg

Have not seen the 2 vents behind the OME before. What is the resource for those please? Like to get a closer look. Should not have any heat related problems.... or air pressure . :-)

Slick

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 PP2 1966 Mustang Sprint 200
Check post #256 and have some matt black vinyl ready :like:

WD :like:
Thank you! I ordered mine in gloss black. From what I’ve gathered. The washer will have to be flipped 180 to install them. I kinda like how the color shows through in the one section tho.

I may just have to wait and see.

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible PP1
Vehicle Showcase

My car is black, and I used the matte black vinyl so I don't see anything. That said, the nonfunctional portions are sealed and have a closed off grill insert, so you cannot see through them at all. It is only the functional one that you can see into through the open mesh grill.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)

You can't see through the non-functioning vents
Sponsored