Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
So I've been wanting to do a different hood, but none of them really make excited. I had a 4" cowl on my 2015 and it looked great but I'm not sold on the 4" for the 18+. So to hold me over in the mean time, I purchased the air designs hood vents. I think they look pretty good but I'm not a fan that the only functional vent is the most rearward "vent" also the "vents" aren't top notch. They look a little funky. 99% of people won't notice it. But overall they look fantastic. I wish I would have got them finished in gloss black before I mounted them though. Also, if you purchase these, do not tighten the studs much. I wasn't even hand tight and broke one... I was a bit irritated with this since they cost $300 since there wasn't any free shipping option. But they're still the best looking vents for the 18+ cars.
20190517_180401.jpg
20190517_180540.jpg
20190517_180612.jpg
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Roush ones, as I did not wan to drill I am thinking of removing them as the fit is not good. Most are also saying the stock ones look better lol.

For the air design ones do you have to drill?

I am considering wrapping the OEM ones black

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Shelby needs to sell the hood they are putting on that rental car.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I have the Roush ones, as I did not wan to drill I am thinking of removing them as the fit is not good. Most are also saying the stock ones look better lol.

For the air design ones do you have to drill?

I am considering wrapping the OEM ones black
No drilling required..uses stock holes and comes with black vinyl
IMG_20190413_165455879.jpg
IMG_20190328_191542240.jpg

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
sorry guys, I don't like the look of any of these. I like the RTR one's the best, and I'm still on the fence about em, just look awkward on these hoods, all of em do.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
sorry guys, I don't like the look of any of these. I like the RTR one's the best, and I'm still on the fence about em, just look awkward on these hoods, all of em do.
Those would be my last choice...

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
So I've been wanting to do a different hood, but none of them really make excited. I had a 4" cowl on my 2015 and it looked great but I'm not sold on the 4" for the 18+. So to hold me over in the mean time, I purchased the air designs hood vents. I think they look pretty good but I'm not a fan that the only functional vent is the most rearward "vent" also the "vents" aren't top notch. They look a little funky. 99% of people won't notice it. But overall they look fantastic. I wish I would have got them finished in gloss black before I mounted them though. Also, if you purchase these, do not tighten the studs much. I wasn't even hand tight and broke one... I was a bit irritated with this since they cost $300 since there wasn't any free shipping option. But they're still the best looking vents for the 18+ cars.
20190517_180401.jpg
20190517_180540.jpg
20190517_180612.jpg
They stand out amazing on the red!!

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
And I don't like the RTR ones. They look cheap ..just keep your stock vents if you don't like anything else .
Yeah, that's pretty much where I am at. Lots of this kind of stuff just looks tacked on, kinda ricer to me anyways. I'm definitely not a dude who buys 2 pieces of cheaply made plastic for $200+ when it makes the car look worse and still doesn't provide much functionality (actually cooling underhood temps).

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I can tell you first hand the airdesigns are not cheaply made .The fit and finish is excellent.the paint job is a amazing on them and there still functional like the stock vents. If you want something with bigger holes in the hood you will have to cut the hood .not only will you be letting more heat out you will also be getting more stuff coming in ..water or whatever.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I can tell you first hand the airdesigns are not cheaply made .The fit and finish is excellent.the paint job is a amazing on them and there still functional like the stock vents. If you want something with bigger holes in the hood you will have to cut the hood .not only will you be letting more heat out you will also be getting more stuff coming in ..water or whatever.
If they are "as functional" as the stock vents, then they suck, because stock vents don't hardly do anything, other than let water in under the hood. Plus, I think the big one's that might be better made, scream rice rice baby to me. Sorry. Visually all this stuff looks tacked on to me, destroys the clean looks of the car. But that's just my opinion, don't take it personal. Thanks!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If they are "as functional" as the stock vents, then they suck, because stock vents don't hardly do anything, other than let water in under the hood. Plus, I think the big one's that might be better made, scream rice rice baby to me. Sorry. Visually all this stuff looks tacked on to me, destroys the clean looks of the car. But that's just my opinion, don't take it personal. Thanks!
This is where I stand too. I haven't seen any vents that to me feel like they add to the car. Just IMO do nothing to it or look worse.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
No worries..some like there cars with modifications that make them look different or as you would say rice. Some like there cars looking stock or boring.its all good as long as you enjoy your car ..there is some nice aftermarket hoods you guys might like better..that have no hood vents at all ..I kind of wish that Drake would have made heat extractors like they did for the 2015 to 2017 hoods For the 18/19 the ones with the mesh and bolts.
Sponsored