Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Have not seen the 2 vents behind the OME before. What is the resource for those please? Like to get a closer look. Should not have any heat related problems.... or air pressure . :-)

Slick
Feel free to PM ME :)
Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Soooo a month ago I ordered the Air Designs hood vents from a dealer in TN. Just got off the phone with them. Very nice and respectful individuals. Apparently they’re backordered due to the pandemic. Rightfully so. They should be here in a few weeks.

But I had another thought. With the three vents, those who have them installed, how much of the hood do you see through the non-function vents?
You called Air Design or the dealer you ordered through? I just placed an order with a dealer a little over a week ago for some gloss black ones. Hopefully I'm not waiting another month...

DymondBack537

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dymond
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 5.0 PP2 1966 Mustang Sprint 200
You called Air Design or the dealer you ordered through? I just placed an order with a dealer a little over a week ago for some gloss black ones. Hopefully I'm not waiting another month...
I called the dealer I ordered it from.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed yesterday ! The only issue i had was the studs on these vents didn't have enough length for proper bolt engagement. I had to turn the washer upside down to make it work
Did it come with the black vinyl decals to apply that are in the AD instructions, or once applied it stopped short of the open vent that shows your regular red paint under?

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Did it come with the black vinyl decals to apply that are in the AD instructions, or once applied it stopped short of the open vent that shows your regular red paint under?
It came with black decals however i opted not to use them since i have 3M PPF for the entire hood.

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The purpose of the matte black vinyl is to cover the paint and prevent seeing it through the vent. So, no, it doesn't stop short.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Been lurking this thread for a while, had questions about the finish? So far I've seen "satin" "matte" and "gloss":

SATIN: https://airdesignusa.com/2018-mustang-hood-vents-set.html
MATTE: https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12028/s/scoop-asy-hood/category/154/
GLOSS: https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12029/s/scoop-asy-hood/category/154/

Is Air Design's "satin" the same as Ford accessories "matte"?

Also, kirshelnino, I REALLY like the look of yours! What finish did you get and what retailer did you order from, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks everyone! Your rides look great! :)

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Been lurking this thread for a while, had questions about the finish? So far I've seen "satin" "matte" and "gloss":

SATIN: https://airdesignusa.com/2018-mustang-hood-vents-set.html
MATTE: https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12028/s/scoop-asy-hood/category/154/
GLOSS: https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12029/s/scoop-asy-hood/category/154/

Is Air Design's "satin" the same as Ford accessories "matte"?

Also, kirshelnino, I REALLY like the look of yours! What finish did you get and what retailer did you order from, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks everyone! Your rides look great! :)
Thanks, those are the Ford official accessory in Matte finish. I got them for $160 shipped through Haag Ford.

A few more pics
20200617_181500.jpg
20200617_181853.jpg

Sponsored

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks, those are the Ford official accessory in Matte finish. I got them for $160 shipped through Haag Ford.

A few more pics
20200617_181500.jpg
20200617_181853.jpg
How long did they take to get to you? Ordered from them June 2 and still waiting.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
How long did they take to get to you? Ordered from them June 2 and still waiting.
I got them in 10 days. They're made to order so i think most of it depends on how quick the dealer receives it from the company making these.

HannibalK1ng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
MY20 GT
does anyone have a picture of the airdesigns in satin?
They are the only ones available to me in Australia but want to see how they look.

Thanks!

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
does anyone have a picture of the airdesigns in satin?
They are the only ones available to me in Australia but want to see how they look.

Thanks!

See post #295 above. They are made by AirDesigns and sold as a Ford Accessory.