2018 gt whipple extension cable

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
Hey guys, talked to Jeff at whipple last night and they are sending me a NEW detention throttle cable. Just had kit(stage 2) installed and within 60 miles of driving the p2119 code popped up.. He said there have been some issues with that cable being defective. They don't make the cable in house, they farm it out.. So anyone else out there have this problem.. The other option would be the actual TB is sticking butbthis is first and hopefully only simple issue.. Thanks.. Mustang love!!!!
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys, talked to Jeff at whipple last night and they are sending me a NEW detention throttle cable. Just had kit(stage 2) installed and within 60 miles of driving the p2119 code popped up.. He said there have been some issues with that cable being defective. They don't make the cable in house, they farm it out.. So anyone else out there have this problem.. The other option would be the actual TB is sticking butbthis is first and hopefully only simple issue.. Thanks.. Mustang love!!!!
Detention throttle cable? We just started the whipple install on my fiance's car and the only harness extension that we had was for the MAF?

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
Detention throttle cable? We just started the whipple install on my fiance's car and the only harness extension that we had was for the MAF?
Sorry, stupid spell check.. Mine has a cable from the throttle body going down by the front of car( radiator area) and connects to the FACTORY cable.. Do you have stage 2 kit? What year?

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, stupid spell check.. Mine has a cable from the throttle body going down by the front of car( radiator area) and connects to the FACTORY cable.. Do you have stage 2 kit? What year?
It's a 2018; We have a stage 1 kit but are going to end up doing the stage 2 upgrades (132mm, fuel, etc)

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
It's a 2018; We have a stage 1 kit but are going to end up doing the stage 2 upgrades (132mm, fuel, etc)
Cool.. Yea I'm not sure if the stage 1 kit doesn't need the extension cable.. But mine DEFIANTLY has one. Obviously.. Fyi, make sure you bleed the system for air before wrapping up the build.. Very important. Make sure fluid os flowing through the new fluid tube..

Sponsored

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Mine did this on the last day I had it out before i put it up for the winter. It's headed back to the shop when i have some free time.

OP
OP
Scott z

Scott z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt manual
Mine did this on the last day I had it out before i put it up for the winter. It's headed back to the shop when i have some free time.
Hey brother, it ended up just being a bad extention cable.. They overnighted a new one and it works like a charm.. Whewwww. I was a little worried there for a few days..thanks for the info on yours..

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Cool.. Yea I'm not sure if the stage 1 kit doesn't need the extension cable.. But mine DEFIANTLY has one. Obviously.. Fyi, make sure you bleed the system for air before wrapping up the build.. Very important. Make sure fluid os flowing through the new fluid tube..
Just wanted to follow up.... reason why I never saw one before was because steeda didn’t put one on when they installed it. They opted to make their own instead. Lol I kinda wish they hadn’t after seeeif what it looked like under the harness tape...
BDDE165D-1C95-490B-A761-25520E9A8CE0.jpeg

Glad I pulled a whole harness out of a mustang a handful of years ago. Hefty supply of extension wires; that’s tomorrow’s project
9A233D0E-C457-4D2E-AB65-AD39D10E3934.jpeg
Sponsored