Gone-2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hey, at least it wasn’t the engine!
Sponsored

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Did they replace all those parts under warranty?? How many miles your car have [MENTION=34352]TheKuhb[/MENTION]

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang 2018 PP Mustang GT
Did they replace all those parts under warranty?? How many miles your car have [MENTION=34352]TheKuhb[/MENTION]
So far yes warranty. 1700 miles. I'll know mlore today. Cars still there. They just pulled trans sat.

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked to ford.There's zero transmissions available currently. There is front cases which would require swapping guts to new case. Something I don't want, I want a factory built trans. They agree but said ford is paying the bill so they do what ford says. However he said even though front cases are available the seal kit is not available. At that point he says he'll fight to get new trans.

Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Jesus.. Do they not ever have parts? My dad had to wait months for a cylinder head for his 2013 5.0... Sheesh...

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well in ohio if the car is out of sevice 30 days or more it can potentially be considered a "lemon". I'd rather have my car back since I've dropped money on dumb things like ceramic coatings, window tint, spacers, undercoating and so on. But I will aggressively seek it. No way will I be happy to make payments on a car I've had for 2.5 weeks that is in the shop for 30+days smh. I'm happy they're "trying" to take care of me so that's good. I'll keep you updated.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Talked to ford.There's zero transmissions available currently. There is front cases which would require swapping guts to new case. Something I don't want, I want a factory built trans. They agree but said ford is paying the bill so they do what ford says. However he said even though front cases are available the seal kit is not available. At that point he says he'll fight to get new trans.
Wtf!?!

So, does that mean at Flat Rock, they stopped building the S550 Mustangs all together and the line workers are playing Jax and Hopscotch until more transmissions arrive to the plant???

Makes absolutely NO sense at all... not only am I seeing this, but in other threads I’ve seen there’s a delay getting cylinder heads out to shops for 5.0 warranty repairs...

Unreal...

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a 17 with the same problem..
Takes about 10 miles of driving before it's almost not noticeable any longer.
I'm wondering if it's an oiling issue.. Seems to go away once the oil pressure goes down, thinking it may be thin enough to get somewhere it needs to be going at that point.

Is that high oil pressure normal at such low RPM?

I have a 2018 with 2000 miles and it doesn't go over 30 PSI until 3000 RPM. Even in the mornings when it’s below freezing outside. Above 5000 RPM it will go up to 70 PSI.

Cheers,

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
That's a great question.. Can't say what is correct as it has always run high when cold. It normally runs around 80 psi when first started..

Edit.... Looks like 80ish seems normal from what I'm looking at online. Who knows.. Ford service looks at it tomorrow.

Time to sacrifice a chicken or something so they don't mess it up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I know that this thread is 5.0 related, but my 2.3 has been doing the same since I can remember until the oil is fully warmed up, at least during the cold months here in NJ. As far as pressure goes, I'm seeing around 90psi by 3k rpm when the oil is cold. I'm thinking that the knock is timing chain / tensioner related with the cold thick oil not being able to get inside the tensioner enough for it to create the necessary pressure on the chain?

DJRoy28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
That's a great question.. Can't say what is correct as it has always run high when cold. It normally runs around 80 psi when first started..

Edit.... Looks like 80ish seems normal from what I'm looking at online. Who knows.. Ford service looks at it tomorrow.

Time to sacrifice a chicken or something so they don't mess it up.
Mine also sits at 80 psi when first started cold. Sometimes close to 90 if it's frigid out.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It means getting more units out the door and the sales #'s that result is much more important than taking care of your issue.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Not surprising. What do you expect from a line that has proudly placed countless amounts of 2015-18 rear windows in crooked and shipped them that way.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I know that this thread is 5.0 related, but my 2.3 has been doing the same since I can remember until the oil is fully warmed up, at least during the cold months here in NJ. As far as pressure goes, I'm seeing around 90psi by 3k rpm when the oil is cold. I'm thinking that the knock is timing chain / tensioner related with the cold thick oil not being able to get inside the tensioner enough for it to create the necessary pressure on the chain?
Yeah, I'm thinking it's something like that as well. It really just sounds like a sewing machine. I have a chassis ear, but really don't feel like chasing it down. I'll let Ford figure it out.

Since I've been noticing this on my mustang, I took a listen on my '13 F-150. Same sound, a little higher RPM though. Seems to diminish a good bit quicker as well. I've never noticed it otherwise on my truck till I used the manual mode on the transmission and was able to hold it at certain RPMs. The auto transmission would just move along and shift, so no noticeable noise when it wouldn't hold RPMs. Truck has almost 80k miles, and it's been fine for the most part.
Sponsored

Last edited: