Sponsored

2018 GT Airbag light on cluster

KoyoteKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
2018 Mustang GT with 11k miles. The airbag light on the gauge cluster came on around 8k miles and hasn't gone away. I've taken the car to the dealership and they reported Ford didn't have a fix for it. Has anyone else come across this issue. I dont like the idea of driving around a new vehicle with safety issues. There arent any wrench lights or decreased performance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
What kind of an answer is that? I'm pretty sure airbag light means that it wont deploy in an accident. They need to figure out what's wrong with it.

OP
OP
KoyoteKev

KoyoteKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Right?! I took the car back and plan on taking it to another dealership once I get the time. If they dont have a fix then im going to attempt to sell it back to Ford.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
unacceptable! if they cant fix they should buy it back.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Did you ever disconnect the battery for a while after it came on? Pretty silly they don't know anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KoyoteKev

KoyoteKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ive unplugged the battery, drained the power(hold brake), and erased any codes. Not even the dealership could get the light to stay off. The dealership reported the code to Ford and there was no troubleshooting recommendations. This was last month so Im hoping Ford can move forward with the repair. Im waiting for another loaner vehicle to be ready so i can drop the car off and leave it until its fixed or bought back.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does it have the 2018 digital cluster or the analog cluster?

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
If the airbag fault light is on, your airbags will not deploy in an accident. That is a safety issue and Ford needs to deal with it. Call them and let them know their answer is unacceptable.

OP
OP
KoyoteKev

KoyoteKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a base 2018 GT with analog cluster.

Ill be expecting a quick answer as to whether or not they have a fix. If not, I plan on do whats necessary to ensure they buy the car back.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I just started having this issue with my 15 GT. It isn't throwing any codes but the light came on 90% of the time for about three weeks. Then this last week it has only come on once. If it doesn't stay on at start up it will not turn on during the drive nor will it turn off during the drive if it stays lit at start up. It almost seemed temp related as it was crazy hot here in Texas but it cooled down a bit (still around a 100) this last week and came on on the hottest day for my drive home around 4pm. Temp sensitive doesn't make any sense but I'm grasping at straws here.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Does it have any codes associated with it? Wonder if it is a sensor or something. Bad thing about newer cars are the many airbags and all the tech along with them, keeps you safe but troubleshooting is a nightmare.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Unacceptable that a car under bumper to bumper warranty and is indicating a safety feature malfunction the Ford just throws their hands up saying I dont know deal with it.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Mine does not show any codes. The good news is it seems to be disappearing as mysteriously as it appeared. I haven't had it in a week.

TheBanditKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone have a resolution for this? I joined while specifically searching for this. my 2016 GT just started doing this 15k on the ODO

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I just got my 2019 GT 3 weeks ago and my airbag light just came on out of nowhere
20190809_215047.jpg
Sponsored