RayFranchi

RayFranchi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Octane depends on how its rated, your tune may be for US 93 octane. Canadian 91 octane is not as good as canadian 94 , and that may not be as good as US 93 octane. IDK though , but have the tuner adjust as they see fit for your best fuel. I wouldnt go WOT again until its adjusted for your best fuel.

I think british 97 octane is about the same as US 91 octane.
Sounds like you unfortunately have shit gas up there. Just keep trying different stations until you get one that works the best. I have the same issues down here were I am at, the 93 just isn't that great.
Could very well be but wouldn’t my boostane have helped with 94 if that was the case?

I guess I’ll keep at with fuel. I’ll have to dump this terrible 1/2 tank of 91 find another station with 94 and dump in a full can of boostane. If a full can of 16oz dose not rais the octane where 8oz should rais it to 100 according to their chart then fuel is not the issue.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
If it was false knock I would have expected the timing to stay the same not get worse. Its getting knock limited by the fuel.

OP
OP
RayFranchi

RayFranchi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If it was false knock I would have expected the timing to stay the same not get worse. Its getting knock limited by the fuel.
Agreed, the more I fish the more all arrows point to gas still.

I found old logs from April prior to headers and it was reacting the exact same way.

I'm going to empty this crap 91 and fill with 94 again, this time I'll add enough boostane as if I was trying to get 87 to 100 (i will however try just 94 first for kicks). If that much boostane does not help then im back to square one

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Unless your tuned for Boostane I would just run the straight pump gas until you find the "best quality" then go back to the Boostane. Don't want it masking a poor fuel and creating a variable. Like others stated, these 18+ are very octane sensitive due to the higher compression.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I’m might swap the pmas for the new closed box Steeda. The pmas works well on cool days...air temps stay under 100 but it’s a problem on hot days. The air temp does not drop below 100 wellllll into the run.
If you're going to do that, might want to see if you can get a Velossa tech big mouth piece. Helped my IAT.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
IMO after tuning and running a car for almost 15 months on E85 I would never bother tuning a car on pump ever again. ;).

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tarek
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Magnetic
Can the velossa big mouth be installed without removing the bar on an 18 ?

OP
OP
RayFranchi

RayFranchi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Unless your tuned for Boostane I would just run the straight pump gas until you find the "best quality" then go back to the Boostane. Don't want it masking a poor fuel and creating a variable. Like others stated, these 18+ are very octane sensitive due to the higher compression.
I have a “100 oct” tune for track days. I just tested pure 91, pure 94 and a FULL can or 16oz boostane premium. Same shit, not as bad with the full can but still pulling lots after 4th.

My buddies are saying maybe it because I’m using boostane premium and not pro. I see how that could be, if my 94!is shit the pro would help.

I’ll figure this out soon.... I HOPE! Might just go E85

If you're going to do that, might want to see if you can get a Velossa tech big mouth piece. Helped my IAT.
I’ll look that up thanks

IMO after tuning and running a car for almost 15 months on E85 I would never bother tuning a car on pump ever again. ;).
Yeah man, I’m starting to lean towards that. Talking to lund about a flex tune and w85r tune. I’m in Canada and e85 is only available through speed shops at $13/gallon. YES $13! Can’t run that all the time so a flex tune will help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RayFranchi

RayFranchi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm done playing with this! Just ordered my E85R fuel and tunes from Lund. No more Octane guessing! Anyone want to buy 10 can of Boostane? LOL

OP
OP
RayFranchi

RayFranchi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
SOLVED

The issue was indeed fuel. For some reason our 94 octane does not like Lund tunes or maybe my knock sensors are super sensative. I could have tested further with more Boostane and even Boostane pro but decided not to. I took Alex's (yolo!) advice and went with E85.

We data logged last night and the results are mind blowing. I got 2 tunes, E85 Flex and E85R

The flex tune on 94 pump gas netted the same results as the previous logs. Timing maxed out at 24ish. I drained the tank and added 3 gallons of E85 and FINNALY I saw timing hold. We saw 25.5 at right around 5500 RPM and it climmed to 28.8 and held there all the way till 7500RPM!

I then loaded the E85R tune and things got even better. Im seeing 30.3 right out of the hole at about 3500 RPM and it stays there all the way till 7500+. It adds timing all the way, zero knock!

Alex just sent me a revised tune that should but that 30.3 to 31!

Cant wait to run it!

My only issue is im paying over 12 a gallon for E85 here, LOL!

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
SOLVED

The issue was indeed fuel. For some reason our 94 octane does not like Lund tunes or maybe my knock sensors are super sensative. I could have tested further with more Boostane and even Boostane pro but decided not to. I took Alex's (yolo!) advice and went with E85.

We data logged last night and the results are mind blowing. I got 2 tunes, E85 Flex and E85R

The flex tune on 94 pump gas netted the same results as the previous logs. Timing maxed out at 24ish. I drained the tank and added 3 gallons of E85 and FINNALY I saw timing hold. We saw 25.5 at right around 5500 RPM and it climmed to 28.8 and held there all the way till 7500RPM!

I then loaded the E85R tune and things got even better. Im seeing 30.3 right out of the hole at about 3500 RPM and it stays there all the way till 7500+. It adds timing all the way, zero knock!

Cant wait to run it!

Great u figured it was the fuel but it sucks u can’t run pump gas, I hope the cars just a toy cause that would be so annoying to me

I wanna run a flex tune and have the ability to run pump or E85, in Pa I believe we have good pump fuel

And now some of the wawa’s r carrying good E85 too, according to my GTR buddies

OP
OP
RayFranchi

RayFranchi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Great u figured it was the fuel but it sucks u can’t run pump gas, I hope the cars just a toy cause that would be so annoying to me

I wanna run a flex tune and have the ability to run pump or E85, in Pa I believe we have good pump fuel

And now some of the wawa’s r carrying good E85 too, according to my GTR buddies
It can run 94, it just wont break any N/A 1/4 mile records with it. I rigged a quick way to drain the tank, so it makes it easier to swap over at the track. The only reason Im doing that is because at $12+/ gallon, I cant run it all the time

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
SOLVED

Cant wait to run it!

E85 is the real deal esp on a 2018 plus!

My 2016 with a Cobra Jet manifold on E85 and an AED tune was a damn riot just over 30 degrees of timing all the way to 8k!! I giggled like a little girl 1st time I rung it out on some county blacktop Haha!
Sponsored

Last edited: