Sponsored

Stock 2018 GT tune pulling 30.5* of timing on shifts and always logs 2* of knock

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I found out why my 1-2 and 2-3 shifts felt so shitty... the car is pulling 30.5* of timing on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts in all modes except drag mode. Even with advancetrac off. And with shell v power 93 octane....

What the hell? I reset the timing advance right before many pulls and every time a shift felt shitty it logged like -30* of timing

It only happens on the 1-2 and 2-3, I tried 3-4-5-6 and those dont or barely pull timing. And in track mode timing didnt go negative.

You can see here on the bottom right after a 1-2-3-4 gear pull in track mode with advancetrac off its pulled 30.5* of timing on the 2-3 shift and the car fell flat on its face for a second..

i4bdPkP.jpg

Here is after a 1-2-3-4 pull in dragstrip mode you can see timing didnt go negative :

1XcbYJt.jpg

Is this normal? what the hell could the problem be? Knock sensors too sensitive?? IDK what this is but its a bone stock car. I do have the cold tapping noise also until the car is warmed up.

Every time I did a pull the knock went to 2 also.. is this all by fords tune design?
Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
It's called torque management. The car is pulling power to save the trans, and the drivetrain. It makes the car easier to drive and more docile.

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Your tuner needs to log the torque cells. Its crazy the amount of torque management that these cars have. Steep learning curve compared to the 2011-2017.

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
How did you get the knock and timing stats to pull in Torque? Are there special PIDs or something? I tried doing this a few months ago, but couldn't get any of those readings to pull through.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried some more today and it was not pulling as much, and didnt seem to pull any timing most of the time when I wasnt paddle shifting.. very odd.

How did you get the knock and timing stats to pull in Torque? Are there special PIDs or something? I tried doing this a few months ago, but couldn't get any of those readings to pull through.
I added ford specific pids, under manage custom PIDS add predefined set Ford. I tried a ton of custom pids to get IAT2 and engine oil temp etc but I couldnt get any of those to work. Most of the ford predefined ones dont work on my car too but a few did.

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I tried some more today and it was not pulling as much, and didnt seem to pull any timing most of the time when I wasnt paddle shifting.. very odd.

I added ford specific pids, under manage custom PIDS add predefined set Ford. I tried a ton of custom pids to get IAT2 and engine oil temp etc but I couldnt get any of those to work. Most of the ford predefined ones dont work on my car too but a few did.
Care to share those PIDs pretty please? I've been looking for some, but never could find them.

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Care to share those PIDs pretty please? I've been looking for some, but never could find them.
You just need to add the ford predefined set as I instructed : its under settings, manage custom pids, add predefined set : ford

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
That's normal on the stock tune, it will pull timing on shifts, it sucks, but they want parts to last at least through the 50k powertrain warranty. Get the car tuned and you'll have stronger shifts
Sponsored