2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

LRDV8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
A question about replacing the digital dash (IPC). I have a MY17 GT (AUS Version) with digital dash install- no errors BUT Ambient lighting doesn't work- I've had everything checked in the car & current belief is the issue is in the IPC- I just got a 2nd hand 'replacement' IPC relatively cheaply that I want to plug in & program as a 'test' unit to see if ambient lighting is restored BUT I won't keep this IPC because it has 44,000km on the odometer & my car/current IPC is 35,000km. FORSCAN can't program odometer mileage down, only up so I won't leave this IPC in (& prematurely 'age' my car)- MY QUESTION IS- After using the 44KM IPC as a 'test' unit, will I have any issues putting the current IPC back in (with 35km on the clock)? I'm unsure if the IPC 'talks' to the PCM & will revolt at the lower km IPC being reinstalled after a higher km IPC has been temporarily integrated---- ANYONE ON THE THREAD that might have an answer on this?? Thanks all!
Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Should be no issues to temporally switch dashes to test lighting.

CF350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carpenter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I am trying to replace the gauges on my 2018 350R over to a Motec C1212. Pulling information from the M150 via can2 is working fine and that gets 80% of what we need. Now, I want to connect in the Driver Menu Controls, indicators for turn signals and lights, ect.. All things that go to the 2018 OEM dash cluster. Does anyone have any experience with that, or the knowledge to let me know what kind of hurdle that is? I doubt its a pin per button and suspect that is going to be pulling in another can. While I am tech savvy, I have zero experience with automobile harness.

I greatly appreciate any advice or tips!

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I'd like to report that thanks to @okfoz (and @Ferrcad for the link to the post), I've been able to build brackets for my 2017 GT and the digital dash is now 100% silent and secure.

Here is the parts list from Menards that I used:

For screwing the brackets to the frame: Grip Fast 1/2" Wafer Head Self-Drill Screw - 1 lb. Box at MenardsĀ®

For making the brackets. You only need 1 of these: MiTekĀ® 1-1/4" Light-Duty Strap Tie at MenardsĀ®

For screwing the display to the bracket: Grip FastĀ® #10 Stainless Steel Hex Head Self-Drilling Screws at MenardsĀ®

Washers for the display to bracket screw: Grip FastĀ® Grade 2 Zinc Flat Washers at MenardsĀ®

I drilled pilot holes before doing the self-tapping screws. Other than that, just followed the directions and it worked great first try!

One note is I probably should have moved the right bracket just a bit higher as the mounting hole for the dash is very close to the top of the bracket, but it works, so I'm leaving it.

20230903_094442.jpg

20230903_101339.jpg

20230903_104329.jpg

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Glad to help. I never even ran without the brackets, when I realized that only plastic was going to support the Digital IP, I was quick to rectify that and make sure it was secure. Rattles and squeaks are my sworn enemy.

Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to help. I never even ran without the brackets, when I realized that only plastic was going to support the Digital IP, I was quick to rectify that and make sure it was secure. Rattles and squeaks are my sworn enemy.
I'm glad I found his post before I did mine also, they worked like a charm!!!

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How do you get the screw holes in the exact right place for gauges to sit right? Is it just a matter of getting in the ball park, bolting to car and bending the metal to adjust so gauges fit perfect ?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you get the screw holes in the exact right place for gauges to sit right? Is it just a matter of getting in the ball park, bolting to car and bending the metal to adjust so gauges fit perfect ?
The dimensions and bends of the brackets are spot on. They are somewhat of a feel to get them in the right location but the pictures show pretty accurate description for location. The two lower holes that are drilled for the bottom holes of the Speedo are some what subjective but make sure your level and centered in the opening. I actually mounted one side, leveled it up and put the bezel on temporarily without clips to check location. Once I felt good, drilled the other hole, padded a little on the top and then finished installing the bezel with clips.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
The way i did it was to mount the brackets, then place the cluster where I wanted it. (Pushed all the way in and held) and then I marked the hole location thru the cluster tabs on the bracket with a sharpy and drilled a pilot hole to guide the self-tapping screw in.

Mikeo97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MB
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible
Hello

I'm trying to find part # JR3Z-10849-LB for my 2021 Mustang 6 speed. Besides Lethal Performance, does anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello

I'm trying to find part # JR3Z-10849-LB for my 2021 Mustang 6 speed. Besides Lethal Performance, does anyone where I can get one?
Thanks
Mike,

Alot of ways to go here... I found one out of an wrecked ecoboost from LKQOnline and had the firmware flashed to take it from an automatic to manual and also zero out the milleage. This will probably be your cheapest avenue if you can find one. I paid around $160 bucks for it a few years back. Purchased my new steering wheel switches from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake for aorund $100 and was able to grab a new bezel for the same from a user online. You can reach out to them to possibbly quote you for the unit. Pretty much all I have... You could reach out to the creator of the thread and see about purchasing a kit from him. breeves002 or his site www.breeves002.net Best to start at the beginning of this thread and read if you have not already caught up.

tolgaswe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tolgay
Vehicle(s)
mustang 17 - -edge 2018
A question about replacing the digital dash (IPC). I have a MY17 GT (AUS Version) with digital dash install- no errors BUT Ambient lighting doesn't work- I've had everything checked in the car & current belief is the issue is in the IPC- I just got a 2nd hand 'replacement' IPC relatively cheaply that I want to plug in & program as a 'test' unit to see if ambient lighting is restored BUT I won't keep this IPC because it has 44,000km on the odometer & my car/current IPC is 35,000km. FORSCAN can't program odometer mileage down, only up so I won't leave this IPC in (& prematurely 'age' my car)- MY QUESTION IS- After using the 44KM IPC as a 'test' unit, will I have any issues putting the current IPC back in (with 35km on the clock)? I'm unsure if the IPC 'talks' to the PCM & will revolt at the lower km IPC being reinstalled after a higher km IPC has been temporarily integrated---- ANYONE ON THE THREAD that might have an answer on this?? Thanks all!
Well first of all it's not possible to take down milage with forscan you need to rewrite eeprom with clean info and clear vinnumber and then you can adjust milage via forscan..

20231002_203825.jpg

Pucklord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT California Special
Did the swap earlier today as matter of fact I called in sick šŸ˜‚šŸ˜… everything was straight forward thanks to this form and itā€™s active members. No issues whatsoever; did the programing using forscan and activated all the features.

Not sure if what I did is a good idea but I filled the back with foam strip I really donā€™t wanna take everything a part again if there was a rattle back there. Iā€™m still worried about the digital cluster get hot since all that foam is covering the back of the cluster also one down side the cluster speaker is very low I guess one of the foam is covering the chime speaker. Iā€™d take everything a part again if some one can tell me where is the chime speaker location on the cluster

1697117129564.jpeg

1697117077385.jpeg

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I have a question if i get one from a automatic transmission ( i have a automatic transmission)but the mileage is lower will it still need to be reprogram.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So we are clear, if you're going from normal speedo to digital Forscan programming is needed. Also, as mentioned numerous times in the thread, Forscan will not lower mileage only increase too higher. If you have to lower what you have then the only way to do so is to have someone flash the firmware in the speedo to zero out mileage and then increase to current. They can also convert automatic to manual or vice versa.
Sponsored

Last edited: