Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Did the swap earlier today as matter of fact I called in sick 😂😅 everything was straight forward thanks to this form and it’s active members. No issues whatsoever; did the programing using forscan and activated all the features.

Not sure if what I did is a good idea but I filled the back with foam strip I really don’t wanna take everything a part again if there was a rattle back there. I’m still worried about the digital cluster get hot since all that foam is covering the back of the cluster also one down side the cluster speaker is very low I guess one of the foam is covering the chime speaker. I’d take everything a part again if some one can tell me where is the chime speaker location
If you look at the first page of this thread, you will see this second image I modified. I believe this is the speaker in which you are speaking of and maybe blocked by your foam installation.

Dash.png
Sponsored

Pucklord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT California Special
Wonderful. My only problem now is that I'm missing the option "tachometer display". Can't show rpm only the gear indicator. Tried every way in Forscan to get that option with no luck.

Mikeo97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MB
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible
Hello

Just bought a digital dash for an automatic transmission. The mileage is fine but I need to convert it to a manual transmission. Anyone in the Sacramento area can help me out?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will need to be sent out to fix, check with breeves. Has to be bench flashed to covert to manual.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pillpusher84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for your work and research on this! I am gathering all the parts needed and plan to do this to my car soon!

BatManGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Installed my digital dash today in my 2019 GT. everything seems to work fine, however I can't access MyMode menu. The pony button or settings button on the steering wheel does not work. I can't access my active exhaust.. Is this an issue that ForScan could resolve? or could there be other issues?

BatManGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I'll check that out. Still kinda new to ForScan so I hope I can figure it out.. Thanks!

BatManGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured it out finally. Everything is working perfectly now except for on the start up screen I'm getting a "Rear belt minder malfunction, service required" error. Looked all over FORscan and cannot find the value related to disable it... Any suggestions for that? Thanks

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can go in to Forscan and clear the error. If it comes back there might be truly an issue with either of rear seat belts. Did you confirm any errors on the dash or in Forscan before swapping out the dash? I'll defer to someone else that may assist but the clear out out may fix the issue. Gl

Sponsored

BatManGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can go in to Forscan and clear the error. If it comes back there might be truly an issue with either of rear seat belts. Did you confirm any errors on the dash or in Forscan before swapping out the dash? I'll defer to someone else that may assist but the clear out out may fix the issue. Gl
Yeah I tried clearing the codes, no luck with that unfortunately.. My car doesn't even have the rear seatbelt monitor option anyway, so there were no DTC's on my original cluster. Also it doesn't set off the check engine light indicator so I guess I can live with it, just a minor inconvenience on startup.. Thanks for the advice thus far. If I find a solution I'll post it!

Last edited:

MoeEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Hey guys, I have a 2017 ecoboost premium, I installed the digital gauge in, new 2018 sccm and swithces per instructions. I was able to clear the BLIS/RTA errors and stuff, got the volume and basic criuse on the left side to work. But I can't get the switches on the right side to work , as in I cant control the gauge menu or use the options on the bottom.

What exactly do I need to enable/update in the SCCM/IPC to make them work?

MoeEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Hey guys, I have a 2017 ecoboost premium, I installed the digital gauge in, new 2018 sccm and swithces per instructions. I was able to clear the BLIS/RTA errors and stuff, got the volume and basic criuse on the left side to work. But I can't get the switches on the right side to work , as in I cant control the gauge menu or use the options on the bottom.

What exactly do I need to enable/update in the SCCM/IPC to make them work?
Got it working, just had to reset the BuildIn values to stock and re-entered them. All is well. Le sigh

MoeEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Has anybody run into the issue where the RPMs do not display and stay at 0? Even in different modes, if the car is moving or not, the RPM gauge does not work.

Everything else works, any ideas?

MoeEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Has anybody run into the issue where the RPMs do not display and stay at 0? Even in different modes, if the car is moving or not, the RPM gauge does not work.

Everything else works, any ideas?
Got it working. I need to have somebody proofread after me, I entered one wrong value on the starter as-built config, so re-entered them and then updated my options.

I believe all is done for now. Thank you to all that made this possible :)
Sponsored