2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Jroy333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I apologize if this has been asked before, but how does one disable the “check 4x4” light

loosemoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Whipple 3.0 Supercharger
FAQ

Q: Will this work on a GT350?
A: Partially. At this time you need to replace your FCIM with a standard premium one to keep drive modes. This means it will only work on GT350's with Sync 3.

Q: How much does this cost?
A: Buying new parts from Ford it is around $1750. It is about $165 less expensive for a 2018 car.

Q: Does anyone sell a pre-programmed kit I can just install and have ready to go?
A: YES! I can piece one together for you - PM me (breeves002) I can pre-program a cluster to your car and send it out to you. I can also send you an as built data file tailored to your car so all you have to do is flash the cluster and you're ready to go!

Q: Will this work on a non-premium (base) car without Sync 3?
A: Yes. You will not have nav in the cluster and may not display song titles in the cluster either.

Q: I own a 2015 with Sync 2 (MFT), will this work on my car?
A: Yes! 2015 Premium owners with Sync 2 (MFT) will be able to successfully do the swap. You will not have nav in cluster or song title displayed.

Q: Can the tachometer be changed to go past 8000 RPM?
A: At this time we haven't found a way to change the tach end point. Only the redline which can be either 6500rpm or 7400rpm.

Q: Will this work if I don't have SYNC 3 or SYNC 3 without navigation?
A: YES this works with any radio setup, however you will not be able to use the built in Navigation feature. There may be other minor features that may not work too such as current song playing, etc.

Q: Does this have track apps, line lock, etc enabled?
A: This is all enabled in as built data. With the sample as built data all of these things are enabled.

Q: If I order the SCCM that supports a heated wheel do I have to add the heated wheel now or can I do it in the future?
A: Yes you can do it in the future. Be sure to get the -HA or -LA SCCM's that support heated wheels with any wheel you want installed. However if you ever want to add a heated wheel in the future you NEED one of these SCCM's. So yes you can get the heated wheel SCCMs and add the heated wheel later. Or you can get them and never add a heated wheel. There will be no difference.

Q: Will this void my warranty?
A: Short answer: No.
Long Answer: The new parts come with a 24 month Ford parts warranty, however Ford will not replace them at the dealer through the normal warranty process. Basically the only warranty voided is the cluster, bezel, sccm, and your wheel switches. Any parts you replaced. This is exactly the same as any other aftermarket parts replacement warranty voiding. If you change your radio out to a tesla style and it goes bad, Ford won't cover the radio, they will however still cover you if your transmission craps out.

2018+ Owners Supplement:

This is just a collection of the notes in the above guide that apply to 2018 owners ONLY.

-You do not need to order the SCCM housing UNLESS you want to add a heated steering wheel. In that case order the -HA SCCM or -LA if you plan to add auto wipers.
-You do not need to order the UPPER LEFT steering wheel switch. You still need the upper and lower right switches.
-Skip the removal of the steering wheel unless you are replacing the SCCM housing or are changing steering wheels.
-Skip the removal of the SCCM housing unless you bought a new one to add a heated steering wheel.
-You don't need to cut the plastic piece out of the dashboard. New cluster should fit fine.
-You only need to edit line 724-03-01 in the SCCM ABD unless you've put a new SCCM in. Change 724-03-01 to 1733 XXXX XX for normal cruise or 2933 XXXX XX for adaptive cruise.
Hi new here hope this question is ok I have just ordered an upgrade cluster and it is an automatic cluster however my car is a 6 speed manual will the cluster still work fine or do I need to cancel this order asap and find a manual cluster?

bladeblade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lukas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Ahoj nový, doufám, že je tato otázka v pořádku. Právě jsem si objednal upgrade clusteru a je to automatický cluster, ale moje auto je 6rychlostní manuální bude cluster stále fungovat, nebo musím tuto objednávku co nejdříve zrušit a najít manuální cluster?
[/CITÁT]
Cancel

Sponsored

Ported52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Sorry are you saying cancel the order?

Will the cluster from the automatic automatic not work?
Cancel your order, it will not work. You need to order the specific manual (KPH or MPH part number)

regachoz01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I’m looking to get this as my next mod. I just want to ask if it’s lagging at some point? Or it runs smooth just like an oem?

Ported52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I’m looking to get this as my next mod. I just want to ask if it’s lagging at some point? Or it runs smooth just like an oem?
This digital cluster is actually an OEM part offered as an option and runs very smooth.

rothrj91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Lime PP1 GT
I am looking at tackling this upgrade this winter. I have a 2020 manual. Just so I am clear I just need the following parts if I am not mistaken. No need for the SCCM or LH steering wheel controls on a 2020 (non-ACC), correct? I am surprised that a lot of these upgrade packages on some of these websites are $2000+ (without programming) when you can buy the parts individually for maybe around $1300-1400.

Cluster
JR3Z-10849-LB (Manual MPH)

Cluster Bezel
JR3Z-63044D70-BA (LHD)

Switch Assembly Right Hand Lower
JR3Z-9C888-EA

Switch Assembly Right Hand Lower
JR3Z-9C888-CA

Once installed all you really need to program with FORScan is the mileage (can only increase mileage with FORScan) and VIN along with changing any as-built data based on your vehicle options and/or preferences, as required, correct?

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Does anybody know the part number for the plastic lens on the digital speedo?

I remember seeing it in this thread but I don't feel like going through 100 pages. lol

Thanks

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Does anybody know the part number for the plastic lens on the digital speedo?

I remember seeing it in this thread but I don't feel like going through 100 pages. lol

Thanks
JR3Z-10890-JA online around $14-15 plus shipping and tax..

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my cluster over a year ago, I know it is mentioned here somewhere But I cannot find the comment. How come the Advance Traction icon does not show up right next to traction control off? It shows me the message when I turn it off but no icon.

AE89488C-DD47-47EA-8FFA-B59074E91E0D.jpeg
bump to this, has anyone found a fix? just saw a 2015 with a cluster that has traction and advanced off icons

Godspeed302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
Anyone that did this swap: do you have an Analog 18+ Premium cluster for a Manual you will sell?
Sponsored