Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
Oh wow. Asshole tired to scan you I guess.

That sucks..
Hope you can get it fixed. Might have to take it to a computer repair place or something.
also he didnt try to scam me he did scam me. well he scammed paypal. after paypal refunded him the money they asked me for the money he paid me. i told them i aint paying nothing and they called for awhile trying to collect but i ignored them and they closed my account in january of this year
Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
also he didnt try to scam me he did scam me. well he scammed paypal. after paypal refunded him the money they asked me for the money he paid me. i told them i aint paying nothing and they called for awhile trying to collect but i ignored them and they closed my account in january of this year

lol. Yes he did.
I guess the only good thing was he didn't get any gauges either.

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hey guys,

Question for the 2018+ owners, what’s the general consensus on placing foam or something behind the cluster to help with rattles, etc? Do it? Dont? If you recommend doing it, what did you use?

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Hey guys,

Question for the 2018+ owners, what’s the general consensus on placing foam or something behind the cluster to help with rattles, etc? Do it? Dont? If you recommend doing it, what did you use?
I didn’t and have no rattles.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Hey guys,

I know I have a 15.

I used something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Neo...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Except I got it at Walmart. Was like $6.. It's not going to hurt anything, took a few minutes to cut a few sections. No rattles.

Sponsored

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Since the 2018+ doesn't require cutting of that plastic back plate, does that mean only the 2015-2017's need that void filled (as they require cutting?)
Good question. My guess is because since the plastic being cut takes away a lot of the support for the gauges and they will move.

I would assume the 18+ are reinforced since the Digital is a option?
I've never seen behind the dash on a 18+.

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
thanks for the help! I’m beginning to think that the 2018+ do not require any sort of padding or support. Unless someone can share a different opinion?

Good question. My guess is because since the plastic being cut takes away a lot of the support for the gauges and they will move.

I would assume the 18+ are reinforced since the Digital is a option?
I've never seen behind the dash on a 18+.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I installed a digital cluster from a 2019 GT Premium in my convertible this weekend, it looks fantastic. Still waiting on shipments from both Tasca Ford and from Hextall containing my SCCM and buttons for the steering wheel and Sync 3 swap kit respectively.

SunBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium Convertible
Did a successful install last night. Got a cluster and steering column out of a wrecked 2019 for just $360! Had to order a brand new SCCM as the deployed airbag melted the connectors on the clockspring, so I had to get a new one. Also had to ship the cluster to odo-pro.com to have the mileage lowered. All in total did the project for just $703.

Also installed a Sync 3 conversion from Hextall at the same time.

IMG_7198.jpeg

The only issue I am having is one DTC in the IPC that will not go away.

U0401:82-0A
Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A
Alive / Sequence Counter Incorrect / Not Updated

Does anyone know what to do to make this go away? I can't even figure out what the issue is. I found a website that references the code for an Explorer that it's looking for something relating to adaptive cruise, but my car and the donor car neither have it, and I don't see anything enabled for adaptive cruise in any of the modules as-built data.

EDIT: After messing with it all day, I finally cleared it. It was one (or both) of two things:

First, I already had axle oil temperature display disabled, but I saw rear differential temperature display was enabled (but did not even show in the gauge list). Disabled that.

I also saw all lane assist lines were disabled except “lane departure warning” was enabled. I assumed since the master lane assist line was disabled, all the others didn’t matter. Disabled that as well.

Well, it’s cleared for good now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I received my SCCM and steering wheel buttons and will be completing my digital cluster mod this upcoming week thanks to the As-Built Data info in this thread. :sunglasses: :handshake:

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Did a successful install last night. Got a cluster and steering column out of a wrecked 2019 for just $360! Had to order a brand new SCCM as the deployed airbag melted the connectors on the clockspring, so I had to get a new one. Also had to ship the cluster to odo-pro.com to have the mileage lowered. All in total did the project for just $703.
Yeah, I got my cluster pretty cheap too.

You get yours from South Bountiful Auto ? I called about one they had but it sold like a few hours before I called. He sold it for $150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock:

SunBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium Convertible

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible

Also installed a Sync 3 conversion from Hextall at the same time.

IMG_7198.jpeg

The only issue I am having is one DTC in the IPC that will not go away.

U0401:82-0A
Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A
Alive / Sequence Counter Incorrect / Not Updated

Does anyone know what to do to make this go away? I can't even figure out what the issue is. I found a website that references the code for an Explorer that it's looking for something relating to adaptive cruise, but my car and the donor car neither have it, and I don't see anything enabled for adaptive cruise in any of the modules as-built data.

EDIT: After messing with it all day, I finally cleared it. It was one (or both) of two things:

First, I already had axle oil temperature display disabled, but I saw rear differential temperature display was enabled (but did not even show in the gauge list). Disabled that.

I also saw all lane assist lines were disabled except “lane departure warning” was enabled. I assumed since the master lane assist line was disabled, all the others didn’t matter. Disabled that as well.

Well, it’s cleared for good now.
Mine was a similar process but a little less in price. Good member of the forum helped me out with some spare parts (SCCM and Dash Bezel), changing from auto to manual along with millage adjustment. If I remember I was all in for around $550 - $600. Bought all my steering wheel switches online from a Ford dealer. Key is to try and find the digital dash out of a wrecked donor vehicle for a decent price and then go from there.. Congats on the upgrade!!