Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
ok so i recieved the product in and you cant tell its damaged...i guess when its on the lcd will show the damage the buyer claimed. i built my computer so i can change the lcd screen no problem. my question is there a way to power the screen without having to take apart the dash in m y car
Yeah you just need to identify which pins provide power. Somebody with a wiring diagram could tell you. Then just hook it up to a 12v power supply.
Sponsored

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
Yeah you just need to identify which pins provide power. Somebody with a wiring diagram could tell you. Then just hook it up to a 12v power supply.
So would you recommend I buy the screen from Ali express or is there someone else that sells them. I want to fix it up then maybe I’ll just go ahead and install it on mine. Seems meant to be

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone seen boost and boost temp gauges on GT500? They’re cool. I wonder if there’s anyway to add them without flashing the whole cluster.

12951A24-BDF2-4F5A-A895-6E24C7BA6D73.jpeg

mbgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
has any one try to install an automátic car cluster in a manual? will it work even if you have the transmition indicador in the middle ?

50thLE_CEMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary LE Mustang GT
Hey guys,

I got a lead on a kit from a totaled car to do this swap, but the cluster has way WAY more miles than my car. Has any of you successfully used any mile reprogramming service to lower mileage? I saw an old post from @breeves002 saying he won't lower miles.

For the guys that bought new, is Auto Nation Ford still the place to buy the parts new? It looks like tasca parts is a little cheaper. My car is at 6.5k miles, so I'm considering this option too.

Thanks!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey guys,

I got a lead on a kit from a totaled car to do this swap, but the cluster has way WAY more miles than my car. Has any of you successfully used any mile reprogramming service to lower mileage? I saw an old post from @breeves002 saying he won't lower miles.

For the guys that bought new, is Auto Nation Ford still the place to buy the parts new? It looks like tasca parts is a little cheaper. My car is at 6.5k miles, so I'm considering this option too.

Thanks!!
I can lower the miles. I'll PM you.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had @breeves002 do my cluster and its worked mint on my 2017 for a year now. The digital cluster has been one of my favorite mods. I usually only use the center stack type of gauges because then I can see real numbers. The larger gauges dont give you as much exact feedback.

CarlosRoushV6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos Olivas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Roush V6 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, what good information, I tried to install it in my mustang v6, everything perfect but it does not mark the revolutions, is it the same procedure or is there something to change in forscan? I'd appreciate your help

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, what good information, I tried to install it in my mustang v6, everything perfect but it does not mark the revolutions, is it the same procedure or is there something to change in forscan? I'd appreciate your help
It’s a forscan change. I do not know it off the top of my head. I had this issue before.

Sponsored

fraz592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if an auto cluster is interchangeable with a manual? Looking at an auto cluster currently for my 18 manual.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Used Sam for the files, made it easy. Well, after I updated forscan; then it was easy.

I ordered parts from tasca; during install I realized the bezel was missing the center trim piece that sits at the bottom of the cluster. Anyone know where I can get that? I emailed Tasca, hopefully they send me the missing piece.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Couple of good jobs to pass. I bought all my stuff new from Tasca, and paid Sam for the files. I am familiar with forscan, but went ahead an paid. It made the install quick, and painless. As far as Tasca, overall very good experience. I know people had issues with them canceling without asking. After a few days I emailed them about the order and said I'll wait as long as necessary; parts took a few weeks. The bezel was missing a piece of trim, didn't notice until install (which was several weeks after I got them). It took a few emails and finally an online chat, they sent me an entirely new bezel for that piece of trim (Ford doesn't sale the individual piece of trim).

Ported52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Hey Everyone! New to the site! I just picked up a 2020 Mustang GT - Unfortunately the digital dash is in KPH and not MPH where I live. I'm getting a new one installed, but wondering if anyone was interested in buying my current one once swapped. It is a manual transmission/KPH/~4000 miles on odometer.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey Everyone! New to the site! I just picked up a 2020 Mustang GT - Unfortunately the digital dash is in KPH and not MPH where I live. I'm getting a new one installed, but wondering if anyone was interested in buying my current one once swapped. It is a manual transmission/KPH/~4000 miles on odometer.
If you're a single straight guy, don't swap. Even Sally Fields was impressed by triple digit speeds:

Sponsored