Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
So you can't just order the cluster online from a Ford parts dealer? I just need the cluster now, not the whole kit. I managed to find all the other parts pretty cheap. I just wanted a new cluster from Ford. Can you not do that?
You should be able to order the part directly from Ford, did you check the first part of the this thread for details? There is a guy in MI, Autonation Ford White Bear Lake that you can contact directly to order the parts needed. You will be on the hook for the core charge. No way around if your ordering new. I purchased my steering wheel switches and dash cluster cover from him for a little over $100.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well I guess the chip shortage is hitting here too....went to order the Bullitt cluster today from a friend at Ford...national back order. Figures.

Domstrebe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY2018 PP1
I have a 2018 GT Premium. Is it possible to add a cluster from a 2019 or 2020 or do i have to go with the 2018 one? Are there any differences?
The main reason why I'm asking is that the 2020 one is a good 200$ cheaper than the 2018.

bladeblade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lukas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
hello I'm loading you EEPROM it's in km Bullitt max 300km/h and GT500 max 360km/h

Attachments

PWn3R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Ford Raptor, 2014 Ford Escape
This guide is a masterpiece. I have a 2016 Shelby GT350 and after reading about 50 pages, I haven't seen anyone saying things are in a better state than what is in the FAQ at the beginning for GT350s. I am very interested in this, but I also don't want "partially working". Has anyone been able to get this fully functioning on a GT350?

Sponsored

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
I know the MACH 1 just came out, but it looks like it has an auto 180 mph cluster. Does anyone know the part number? I cant find it on any Ford parts sites yet. Thanks!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I know the MACH 1 just came out, but it looks like it has an auto 180 mph cluster. Does anyone know the part number? I cant find it on any Ford parts sites yet. Thanks!
Get the Canadian cluster; 290 looks even more impressive to passengers.

puelloj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Base Auto
I have a 2018 GT Premium. Is it possible to add a cluster from a 2019 or 2020 or do i have to go with the 2018 one? Are there any differences?
The main reason why I'm asking is that the 2020 one is a good 200$ cheaper than the 2018.
There shouldn't be much of a difference between the years. I believe the firmware is the same. Just make sure to order the correct speed(mph vs kph) and I think ideally the trans type(auto vs maunal).

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
looking to sell my digital cluster - if buyer has same year car/trans and basically same mileage, do they need to reprogram it for their VIN or can they just plug/play?

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
looking to sell my digital cluster - if buyer has same year car/trans and basically same mileage, do they need to reprogram it for their VIN or can they just plug/play?
They need to tweak the as built setting via forscan, to accommodate the digital dash and disable some systems like pre collision, blind spot, front cam, etc. So they wouldn't show on dash as non responsive systems. Assuming buyer doesn't have these systems but donor car has.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Mileage can only be set to a higher number by the new owner. So you need to disclose your odometer reading.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mileage can only be set to a higher number by the new owner. So you need to disclose your odometer reading.
Stangtime, not totally true, if your able to find someone with the dash firmware and flash tool it can be adjusted to zero and then use Forscan to adjust up to current mileage. I believe the thread owner is able and along with some others. Some can even change it to a 180 MPH speedo (Bullitt), automatic to manual or vice versa. Some charge a fee for the service.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wheres the best place to order the switches and bezel last parts i need
I got my switches from here... but check around with Google for best price.

AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
thanks for the forscan i have a base 2018 mustang any one have a sheet i can use as a guide for forscan
Sponsored