Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm about to go look at adding in the launch control and performance shift indicator. I cant remember if launch was on the factory menus for the base. I think it was. Anyone know for sure?

I'm not running the car on the track and never used the track apps except the g force dial sometimes. The shift indicator is one of the coolest features of this thing in my opinion.

Breeves, appreciate your work on this. Have you done this mostly through trial and error or used software to catch and filter canbus signals?
Sponsored

Phantom24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT PP
Both launch control and the performance shift are functional on my car. Mine is a manual so I don’t see the gear display but I can adjust the shift point on the various displays.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both launch control and the performance shift are functional on my car. Mine is a manual so I don’t see the gear display but I can adjust the shift point on the various displays.
Yes, I just didn't deviate from the base as built yet. Except the compass display.

M3T1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS3
Does MyColor still work for the dash gauges (oil pressure and oil temp). I have a 2015 stage 3 roush, so I just want to make sure my boost gauge (replaces the oil temp) will have colors that match the cluster. I assume this would work, but I wanted to be sure and I did not see it on the FAQ.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does MyColor still work for the dash gauges (oil pressure and oil temp). I have a 2015 stage 3 roush, so I just want to make sure my boost gauge (replaces the oil temp) will have colors that match the cluster. I assume this would work, but I wanted to be sure and I did not see it on the FAQ.
You lost me when you said boost replaced oil temp. Only the GT350s have an oil temp center dash gauge and those don't have MyColor. Did you mean boost replaced vacuum? Because GTs had vacuum and Ecos came with boost. Many GT owners swapped the Eco gauges when they added a turbo or SC. Maybe Roush did the same. When owners did the swap, those retained the MyColor without any hoops to jump thru. FWIW I don't recall anyone complaining about the digital gauge swap killing MyColor for the center gauges..

Sponsored

M3T1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS3
You lost me when you said boost replaced oil temp. Only the GT350s have an oil temp center dash gauge and those don't have MyColor. Did you mean boost replaced vacuum? Because GTs had vacuum and Ecos came with boost. Many GT owners swapped the Eco gauges when they added a turbo or SC. Maybe Roush did the same. When owners did the swap, those retained the MyColor without any hoops to jump thru. FWIW I don't recall anyone complaining about the digital gauge swap killing MyColor for the center gauges..
Gotcha. Yeah it doesn't really matter what gauges are there. I just meant do the center gauges still retain MyColor. I had looked up images of what the center gauges were originally. I must have been looking at the pic of a GT350. I don't know what was originally there because I have never owned another mustang haha. My two center gauges are oil pressure and boost.

HeartIsBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/CS
So, I’ve found a new unit that has this # physically on it:

VPJR3F-10A855-AB

The seller claims it’s an automatic MPH unit, but obviously it doesn’t match the numbers posted in the OP and nothing comes up when I google it. Any idea if this unit will indeed work with my 2018 auto MPH GT? Thanks for any help.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So, I’ve found a new unit that has this # physically on it:

VPJR3F-10A855-AB

The seller claims it’s an automatic MPH unit, but obviously it doesn’t match the numbers posted in the OP and nothing comes up when I google it. Any idea if this unit will indeed work with my 2018 auto MPH GT? Thanks for any help.
I don't know BUT Ford sometimes puts what appear to be part numbers on parts that are not the part number used to order that part.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious and didn’t know if it was in this thread - but are there any design or functional differences between a US spec digital cluster vs a Euro digital cluster?

I’m also asking too since these are becoming available on the second hand market so that IF there is a difference it helps out with future purchases and installs.

Sponsored

divpreet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Divpreet
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT Manual Australia spec
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious and didn’t know if it was in this thread - but are there any design or functional differences between a US spec digital cluster vs a Euro digital cluster?

I’m also asking too since these are becoming available on the second hand market so that IF there is a difference it helps out with future purchases and installs.
The only difference in specs is whether it is for an Auto or Manual and whether it is a KPH or MPH dash I believe.
There shouldn't really be any other difference. I've installed the Manual KPH spec digital cluster on my Aussie Mustang (RHD, KPH)

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I apologize if it’s been addressed, been through this entire thread a couple times.

How are you changing the odometer reading to match what your car has? I got my cluster from a wrecked car with significantly more miles than mine has.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
As long as the new cluster has a lower mileage than what you are currently at, forscan can program the mileage to your current odometer reading. It just can’t go backwards.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah that’s my worry. The new cluster is out of a wrecked car with a significant amount more miles than mine has.