Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
@dawolf do you have an update on this? I have a 2018 EB Premium 201A already came with the digital dash, but I would like enable digital oil pressure. It is not visible as one of gauges you can select. So, I'm guessing the tune is required for sure, but is wiring in the 3 wire oil pressure sensor required? I've seen conflicting information on the install PP gauges thread as to tune only or both are required. I just finished the install of the PP gauges and no surprise, the oil pressure is gauge is dead. Were you able to get the gauge working in the digital dash?

Edit: Anyone know how to enable the oil pressure gauge to show as one of the available gauges to select in the IPC?
@dawolf do you have an update on this? I have a 2018 EB Premium 201A already came with the digital dash, but I would like enable digital oil pressure. It is not visible as one of gauges you can select. So, I'm guessing the tune is required for sure, but is wiring in the 3 wire oil pressure sensor required? I've seen conflicting information on the install PP gauges thread as to tune only or both are required. I just finished the install of the PP gauges and no surprise, the oil pressure is gauge is dead. Were you able to get the gauge working in the digital dash?

Edit: Anyone know how to enable the oil pressure gauge to show as one of the available gauges to select in the IPC?
Sorry for the delayed response, but no I did not get mines to function. I believe that the pcm has to be told thru software to function even though all of the hardware is present. Per the service manual, the PP cars do have a different pressure sensor with three wires instead of two.
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You need to put a different pressure sensor in and tune your car as a PP.

H3ISTHE1NE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey guys. I have a few questions to the digital cluster.
Iā€˜m sorry if my english isnā€˜t the best. Iā€˜m from Switzerland and own a 2018 US Premium GT with the Automatic.

1. I have the Carbon Fiber Interior. When I configured the car, I wasnā€˜t able to take the digital cluster and the carbon interior package together. Is there a reason for this?
What I really want to ask is: If I want to install the digital cluster, will the carbon fiber dash still fit?

2. is there really a difference between a KPH and a MPH cluster? Are there two different clusters?
Canā€˜t you just switch between MPH and KPH in the options?

Thanks for the help :)

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Hey guys. I have a few questions to the digital cluster.
Iā€˜m sorry if my english isnā€˜t the best. Iā€˜m from Switzerland and own a 2018 US Premium GT with the Automatic.

1. I have the Carbon Fiber Interior. When I configured the car, I wasnā€˜t able to take the digital cluster and the carbon interior package together. Is there a reason for this?
What I really want to ask is: If I want to install the digital cluster, will the carbon fiber dash still fit?

2. is there really a difference between a KPH and a MPH cluster? Are there two different clusters?
Canā€˜t you just switch between MPH and KPH in the options?

Thanks for the help :)

First off your English is perfect; probably better than mine and I live here.

1. No reason you canā€™t upgrade to the digital cluster and keep all your carbon fiber trim pieces.

2. Technically the digital dash units are all alike. The thing that changes them is the firmware installed which defines whether itā€™s manual/auto or mph/km. Just order the version you want.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
^ The only thing I'll add is that you CANNOT change between mph/kph in the option. You can only enable a small version of the MPH/KPH digital speedo under the main speed. It can be flashed to change it but not with FORScan.

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
As long as the new cluster has a lower mileage than what you are currently at, forscan can program the mileage to your current odometer reading. It just canā€™t go backwards.
Where you you change this in Forscan?

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I did this mod a few days ago. Actually an okay easy mod. Looks way worse than it is. Unfortunately I got a cluster showing miles, instead of the one showing kilometers that I needed. Hellhorse Performance will send me the right one, and then I can finish up this install.
If U are on the fence about this I will strongly recommend it.

Also I managed to have the tracks showing up in the display as I was listening to music from my iPhone over bluetooth. But that happened by accident. How do I get that showing again?
Cluster-Miles.jpg

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice Lat G there. Lol. Do you have a premium trim? (Sync 3)

I did this mod a few days ago. Actually an okay easy mod. Looks way worse than it is. Unfortunately I got a cluster showing miles, instead of the one showing kilometers that I needed. Hellhorse Performance will send me the right one, and then I can finish up this install.

Also I managed to have the tracks showing up in the display as I was listening to music from my iPhone over bluetooth. But that happened by accident. How do I get that showing again?
Cluster-Miles.jpg

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Where all the modules are listed, mileage programming is right next to IPC. If it doesn't show there, you need an upgraded version of forscan.
Ok, great, thanks for the info!

H3ISTHE1NE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How do I order a digital cluster with KM/H on Hellhorse Performance? Do I have to write them, that I need one with KM?

divpreet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Divpreet
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT Manual Australia spec
Vehicle Showcase

Cluster-Miles.jpg
Display FM Radio Song Playing
720-05-01 X*XX XXXX 0 = Disabled 8 = Enabled Shows current song on FM radio. Only if you have HD radio.
BT/USB displays song still when set to 0.

Refer: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1T-CjMpdlxwBljFb0EQHlD1stsH_thMQpUDSwWylL-wI/edit#gid=0

Also, one of the display modes does not show the song names, not sure which one if any.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Just placed my order with Sam. :) Can't wait to install it! I seriously love the Mustang digital cluster. Not so crazy about the 18 and up body style, however. Now I'll have the best of both worlds. Looking forward to having the whole thing preconfigured and plug and play right out of the box; had the discussion with Sam that I don't want to mess with Forscan at all...mostly b/c I simply don't have the time.

Thread related: I'm planning on using an oscillating multi-tool to do the cutting. It's about a foot long including the blade, but shouldn't be a problem fitting it in there w/the steering wheel removed. Also, this thread totally rocks. :cool: So much knowledge on the swap in this one thread alone, and the members helping each other out with info and tips really shows why this is the best Mustang forum out there!
Sponsored