Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Thinking of doing this later this year, but wanted to go through the numbers to make sure I understood any tradeoffs.

1. Some gauges like the oil pressure gauge does not work on non-PP cars. This is shown gray'd out in the option.
2. You need to send your analog cluster back into the dealer you buy the digital cluster from or take a $$ hit
3. All other functions should work including the option to set the mode the car starts in. EG, with the digital gauge even on a 2015-2017 Mustang you could make sports + drive mode the default with the steering mode also set into sport and the cluster defaulting into track mode
4. Does the startup pony animation change to the Shelby or GT animation if you've previously modified the main console splash using Forscan?

Is that accurate? Am I missing any other downsides? Tried to read over most of the thread but there's a lot of context to absorb. :)
1. Digital oil pressure will not work if you don’t have an oil pressure gauge now. People are working on adding the correct sensor and wiring now to get it to work. Differential temp will work since you have a 16 as long as the temp sensor is in the differential; can’t remember if it came with all 16’s. If you don’t have it then it won’t work as well.

2. There is no reason to send your original cluster in. It doesn’t count for core so forget that one now.

3. Car starts in normal mode all the time. You can lock any of the three screen settings to start up and stay regardless of what mode setting. You can create ‘my mode’ setting to have what steering and drive mode you’d like to have.

4. Your Sync screen won’t change at all for whatever you programmed it with.

I’m not sure you’ll find one person in this entire post that wish they didn’t do this mod. It’s not cheap but endlessly satisfying.
Sponsored

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
3. Car starts in normal mode all the time. You can lock any of the three screen settings to start up and stay regardless of what mode setting. You can create ‘my mode’ setting to have what steering and drive mode you’d like to have.
Thanks for the detailed responses. Super helpful.

To clarify the "My Mode" setting. Is that a toggle you can hit once programed to get the preselected screens and modes up or does it activate upon starting the car?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It adds and extra toggle selection and shows up as my mode near the tach. It doesn’t default to it at startup and you’d have to select it like any other mod.
Just for reference, my screen is locked into sport mode and is that way at every start up (although defaults to normal ‘drive’ mode) but I switch to track mode with advancetrac off every time which doesn’t change how my full screen displays.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I think I’m getting confused. You have an auto which means you don’t get hill assist and should NOT be in your cluster but your saying it pops up as an error?

Sponsored

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
1. Digital oil pressure will not work if you don’t have an oil pressure gauge now. People are working on adding the correct sensor and wiring now to get it to work. Differential temp will work since you have a 16 as long as the temp sensor is in the differential; can’t remember if it came with all 16’s. If you don’t have it then it won’t work as well.

2. There is no reason to send your original cluster in. It doesn’t count for core so forget that one now.

4. Your Sync screen won’t change at all for whatever you programmed it with.

I’m not sure you’ll find one person in this entire post that wish they didn’t do this mod. It’s not cheap but endlessly satisfying.
I just finished wiring for the new oil pressure sensor tonight. Just have to swap out the sensors and see if it works.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone who has upgraded their cluster to the 2018 LCD, does anyone have adaptive cruise and it is working. I am getting an error and adaptive cruise wont work. It did work when I put an Analog 2018 cluster in to try. I have a 2016 Mustang. Thx

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
Anyone who has upgraded their cluster to the 2018 LCD, does anyone have adaptive cruise and it is working. I am getting an error and adaptive cruise wont work. It did work when I put an Analog 2018 cluster in to try. I have a 2016 Mustang. Thx
Mine works great !! Make sure you have the proper value in the Adaptive Cruise for the "Digital Cluster" AND you have the NEW Adaptive Cruise Control Switch installed.
Sponsored