breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
To be honest I have never used my mode. I'm not sure if it will even do that. I'm sure someone here can chime in. I'll try tonight if I remember.
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I finally got it up and it seems perfect now... I cleared my 30 DTC's all of which seem to be associated with "loss of communication" or "low voltage" codes...

Very cool beans...

Now for the crazy question of the day:
When you set "my Cluster" or whatever it is (now that I am away from the car I cannot remember the name) As just an extreme example How would I get the "Sport mode" appearance with the "Wet/Snow" driving as my base appearance? Or is that not possible? I tried setting the cluster to the "sport mode, and then set it up and hold the "set" button and when I went back in the mode just went back to the base display. Maybe I didn't do it right... Just curious is all... If I need to make a new thread let me know.
Go into cluster appearance and select sport mode and that’s it. You can toggle any setting and all parameters will work in whatever setting you choose but the sport display will stay on all the time even when you restart the car but the mode will reset to normal.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Anyone know the line to reactivate hill start assist ?

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Go into cluster appearance and select sport mode and that’s it. You can toggle any setting and all parameters will work in whatever setting you choose but the sport display will stay on all the time even when you restart the car but the mode will reset to normal.
Like my wife often says "If I ruled the world..." In this case if I was Ford, I would have let you pick what appearance you wanted for "My Mode" It would have been nice, but oh well... Life moves on...

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
FAQ

Q: How much does this cost?
A: Buying new parts from Ford it is around $1600. It is about $75 less expensive for a 2018 car.

Q: Does anyone sell a pre-programmed kit I can just install and have ready to go?
A: YES! I can piece one together for you - PM me (breeves002) I can pre-program a cluster to your car and send it out to you. I can also send you an as built data file tailored to your car so all you have to do is flash the cluster and you're ready to go!

Q: Will this work on a non-premium (base) car without Sync 3?
A: Yes. You will not have nav in the cluster and may not display song titles in the cluster either.

Q: I own a 2015 with Sync 2 (MFT), will this work on my car?
A: Yes! 2015 Premium owners with Sync 2 (MFT) will be able to successfully do the swap. You will not have nav in cluster or song title displayed.

Q: Can the tachometer be changed to go past 8000 RPM?
A: At this time we haven't found a way to change the tach end point. Only the redline which can be either 6500rpm or 7400rpm.

Q: Will this work if I don't have SYNC 3 or SYNC 3 without navigation?
A: YES this works with any radio setup, however you will not be able to use the built in Navigation feature. There may be other minor features that may not work too such as current song playing, etc.

Q: Does this have track apps, line lock, etc enabled?
A: This is all enabled in as built data. With the sample as built data all of these things are enabled.

Q: If I order the SCCM that supports a heated wheel do I have to add the heated wheel now or can I do it in the future?
A: Currently no one has done the heated steering wheel, but in theory it can be done. You can get the -HA or -LA SCCM's that support heated wheels with any wheel you want installed. However if you ever want to add a heated wheel in the future you NEED one of these SCCM's. So yes you can get the heated wheel SCCMs and add the heated wheel later. Or you can get them and never add a heated wheel. There will be no difference.

Q: Will this void my warranty?
A: Short answer: No.
Long Answer: The new parts come with a 24 month Ford parts warranty, however Ford will not replace them at the dealer through the normal warranty process. Basically the only warranty voided is the cluster, bezel, sccm, and your wheel switches. Any parts you replaced. This is exactly the same as any other aftermarket parts replacement warranty voiding. If you change your radio out to a tesla style and it goes bad, Ford won't cover the radio, they will however still cover you if your transmission craps out.

2018+ Owners Supplement:

This is just a collection of the notes in the above guide that apply to 2018 owners ONLY.

-You do not need to order the SCCM housing UNLESS you want to add a heated steering wheel. In that case order the -HA SCCM or -LA if you plan to add auto wipers.
-You do not need to order the UPPER LEFT steering wheel switch. You still need the upper and lower right switches.
-Skip the removal of the steering wheel unless you are replacing the SCCM housing or are changing steering wheels.
-Skip the removal of the SCCM housing unless you bought a new one to add a heated steering wheel.
-You don't need to cut the plastic piece out of the dashboard. New cluster should fit fine.
-You only need to edit line 724-03-01 in the SCCM ABD unless you've put a new SCCM in. Change 724-03-01 to 1733 XXXX XX for normal cruise or 2933 XXXX XX for adaptive cruise.

Sponsored

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
1. If you buy the cluster new they program the milage for you free of charge. Otherwise there are services that can change milage for you.

2. It won't void any warranty, you just don't have a warranty on the new instrument cluster more then a basic parts warranty. AKA if your cluster fails you can't just go into a dealer and tell them it failed and expect them to replace it. You'll have to send it in yourself.
I called Auto Nation Ford in Minnesota and they said that they are only selling 2019 clusters now. Will this one work just the same as the 2018 clusters?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes its the same.

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
I was also told that they are not excepting the cores from pre 2018 clusters. Meaning the cost is about $1300. As far as you know, is that the case everywhere? Thanks for the replie(s) in advance.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes it is the same cost everywhere. Core must be digital only.

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone had experience with Hellhorse? I ordered a dash about a month ago and still waiting. They are very nice on the phone, but they can not provide any idea of when the product will ship. When I ordered it the site and Hellhorse both said about 5-10 days, but I'm still patiently waiting...just wondering if this is normal for them, as I have never purchased from them before.

Sponsored
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Has anyone had experience with Hellhorse? I ordered a dash about a month ago and still waiting. They are very nice on the phone, but they can not provide any idea of when the product will ship. When I ordered it the site and Hellhorse both said about 5-10 days, but I'm still patiently waiting...just wondering if this is normal for them, as I have never purchased from them before.
I do some business with him and Jeff is great. The clusters were on backorder and now SCCMs are. So you should be shipping soon.

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I do some business with him and Jeff is great. The clusters were on backorder and now SCCMs are. So you should be shipping soon.
Thank you, makes me feel better, always get a little too worried when dealing with someone new.

dawolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red mustang GT
Thank you, makes me feel better, always get a little too worried when dealing with someone new.
I have not done business with him before, but my cluster was ordered from White Bear Ford and it is on back order. However, I did receive the Sccm in four days from them.

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I installed my digital Dash a few weeks back and loving it. I was debating with which way to go between ordering parts sperate from ford, hellhorse or @breeves002 (Sam) . Decided to go through @breeves002 because his price was similar to hellhorse and everything was preprogrammed including the SCCM and in the end made for a quicker install. He shipped 1 week later as originally commited and install went smooth. It turns out I still needed a couple of minor tweaks(no easy exit memory seats on my car/remote start Menu not displaying - didn't even realize initially ) to programming to make perfect which Sam offered to send me cable and preform remotely. I didnt require this but showed the kind of support he offered not to mention speed of response time.

In the end what I learned is these clusters require more programming than initially thought to match the your old cluster menu. Not a bad idea to snap pics of old cluster menu so you ban compare to make sure all your option menus are displaying. Glad I went with Sam because he asks alot more questions IMO up front about your required configuration than hellhorse. In the end I can't thank Sam enough.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I installed my digital Dash a few weeks back and loving it. I was debating with which way to go between ordering parts sperate from ford, hellhorse or @breeves002 (Sam) . Decided to go through @breeves002 because his price was similar to hellhorse and everything was preprogrammed including the SCCM and in the end made for a quicker install. He shipped 1 week later as originally commited and install went smooth. It turns out I still needed a couple of minor tweaks(no easy exit memory seats on my car/remote start Menu not displaying - didn't even realize initially ) to programming to make perfect which Sam offered to send me cable and preform remotely. I didnt require this but showed the kind of support he offered not to mention speed of response time.

In the end what I learned is these clusters require more programming than initially thought to match the your old cluster menu. Not a bad idea to snap pics of old cluster menu so you ban compare to make sure all your option menus are displaying. Glad I went with Sam because he asks alot more questions IMO up front about your required configuration than hellhorse. In the end I can't thank Sam enough.
I appreciate your help with all this because it made me realize there was more to it then I had though too. Now I am able to more thoroughly and properly program clusters for people.
Sponsored