2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

kilos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2016 premium
The hardware is the same across all clusters MPH/KPH/Manual/Auto/Bullitt/Mustang
Only the software revision is different but that doesn't mean u can just change between modes by flashing different firmware, you'd need the right tools to do that (I recently spent 2 weeks until I figured it all out haha) and I guess it's the same for the oil temp
DSC00009.JPG
FB_IMG_1545847203630.jpg
FB_IMG_1545847198774.jpg
FB_IMG_1545847187648.jpg
what tools do you need to flash cluster to bullit revision?
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
what tools do you need to flash cluster to bullit revision?
It involves taking apart the cluster and flashing the memory chip with a known configuration. I offer this service if interested. You also have to update the cluster to 2019 software which you can do with a tool like UCDS.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes I replaced the SCCM and Wheel switches, I think I have successfully programmed the SCCM.

The spreadsheet you made, I assume just start with the baseline you created, then add or remove the options?
Yes. Though that baseline isn't exactly a baseline, I need to update it. It's a good start though.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
It involves taking apart the cluster and flashing the memory chip with a known configuration. I offer this service if interested. You also have to update the cluster to 2019 software which you can do with a tool like UCDS.
Here is a question for you... Is it possible to Create your own Image and Flash it to the cluster?

Sponsored

kilos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2016 premium
I would If i hadn't just installed it,I don't feel like doing it all over again but maybe once the GT500 is out I'll consider it.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I do sell programming if you need tailored to your car :)
I might take you up on that offer... I went thru the information on the spreadsheets and made my own, I am hoping to plug it in and see where it puts me... If I can't get it figured all out, I will be in touch.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
It seems that it is on the run, got rid of most of the error codes and things appear to be working...

1) The "Cross Traffic System Fault" I have a 2016 GT Premium with 400A... I honestly do not think it has the option... My mom has a lincoln with it and I cannot for the life of me remember if the chime I remember is from that or my mustang!! Is there a way to turn off the warning, or do I have a problem?

2) the Tire Pressure Monitor, I cannot seem to find it. I see where I can change it to kpa or lbs etc, but I cannot find where I can look at the pressure of my tires, my analog gauges had this and it was handy.

3) Line Lock is grayed out, do I have to have the car actually running to use this option? It is parked for the winter, and I just happened to think about this.

4) Is there a way to turn off the Headlight Green indicator? I do not mind the blue bright light's indicator or the green fog lamp, but the Green headlight icon is just irritating to me...

Thanks

John

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
1. Yes you can turn it off. Its in the spreadsheet.

2. Settings - trip/info - scroll up or down

3. Yes running. Assuming you have a GT. Will not work with EB.

4. No its green in all new cars. I am pretty sure it was the same in the analog cluster too?

Sponsored

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
1. Yes you can turn it off. Its in the spreadsheet.

2. Settings - trip/info - scroll up or down

3. Yes running. Assuming you have a GT. Will not work with EB.

4. No its green in all new cars. I am pretty sure it was the same in the analog cluster too?
1) I am not sure if I follow, I don't see one for the "Cross Traffic System", I see "lane departure Warning/Lane Keep Assist", "BLIS", and "Reverse Parking Sensors" (I do have reverse sensors) but not the Cross Traffic system... Is it the Reverse Parking sensors you are referring to? Will I still get the chime for backup from the sensors if I turn that off in the IP?

2) Funny thing, I got in the car this morning and the song "Feels like the first time" was on the radio and I scrolled down and there it was... lol, I just never went far enough... silly me.

3) Yes I have a GT Premium PP, yes my emergency brake is on, That makes complete sense now, sometimes I am a little slow.

4) Darn, I hate that green light, it makes me think my driving lights are on or Cruise is on, yes it was on my analog cluster and I hated it on that one too...

Thanks for your help, I just have to solve #1

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
BLIS and CTA work off the same sensors. If you don’t have it, these two as built lines should read:

720-01-01 XXXX-XXXX-6XXX
720-03-01 2XXX-XXXX

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have it in there as "CTA/Courtesy Wipe". I changed it to "cross traffic alert/courtesy wipe". I also had spelled "courtesy" wrong haha.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
That makes more sense now... was not sure what CTA was... thanks for that...

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I finally got it up and it seems perfect now... I cleared my 30 DTC's all of which seem to be associated with "loss of communication" or "low voltage" codes...

Very cool beans...

Now for the crazy question of the day:
When you set "my Cluster" or whatever it is (now that I am away from the car I cannot remember the name) As just an extreme example How would I get the "Sport mode" appearance with the "Wet/Snow" driving as my base appearance? Or is that not possible? I tried setting the cluster to the "sport mode, and then set it up and hold the "set" button and when I went back in the mode just went back to the base display. Maybe I didn't do it right... Just curious is all... If I need to make a new thread let me know.
Sponsored