Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Well the behavior started immediately after the flash and I changed nothing else. I am betting it is likely something MPT is using for the transmission to increase shift firmness and shift points in the standard drive mode.
Yeah, can't honestly say myself just yet, can only theorize since i haven't gotten my hands on the dash yet. Just can't imagine why a tune for shift points would effect the cluster at all, only maybe if it fooled the cluster into thinking it's manual, but then you wouldn't have the indicator on the bottom. ;/
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So the LCD has paddle shifter icons that are supposed to only display when the paddles are used or if the trans is in sport mode. With the MPT tune they are displayed all the time. So my theory is that the MPT tune is tricking the trans into thinking it's in sport mode to get firmer shifts in normal mode. That is causing the LCD to display the paddles.

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
Manny, can you help a brother out?
Hey brother let me see what I need to do to get this I bought everything plug and play so i didn’t do any of the programming, I need to see how to get this info I have forscan I just need to plug in and see the config files correct ?

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
Yes all mine do and so does line lock
Manny, can you help a brother out?
If you don't know how to download/send the files, perhaps a screen shot of the codes you entered for ACM, SCCM, etc. Really appreciate it, I'll send you a $25. Amazon gift card for your trouble? Thx again!

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
Hey brother let me see what I need to do to get this I bought everything plug and play so i didn’t do any of the programming, I need to see how to get this info I have forscan I just need to plug in and see the config files correct ?
Kind of. lol. I'd have to go to look at mine again, been a little while, but there should be a "saved" file to open which should have all your settings on it. there are several different "tabs" like BCM, IPC, SCCM, etc. One of my codes must be different from what was posted online at the beginning of this thread. Everything works but track pak apps, and I love shredding my tires with Line lock! Send me your email too and i'll hook you up with Amazon just as a thank you for going to the trouble for me . Really appreciated. [email protected]
Steve

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
U also enable line lock on the V6 with UCDS :)
I tried using UCDS to do mileage correction to see if it works and I got a security error and it would not program. Tried on 18 LCD Cluster and the 18 Analog cluster. Worked on my 14 Explorer, as I raised the mileage by 2 miles. Anyone able to program with UCDS??

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well this is certainly interesting! Latest forscan update change history... Wonder if I can get them to write a beta for the mustang cluster.

• Configuration and Programming function "Odometer write" (can only increase mileage!) for :
  • Fusion 2013+ (only for Mondeo or Lincoln MKZ cluster installed)
  • Lincoln MKZ 2013+
I have tried to use UCDS to program mileage and I cannot. I tried to program mileage for 15-17 Cluster, 18 LCD cluster and 18 analog cluser (which works as it should with asbuilt programming if upgrade from 15-17 cluster). I was able to program 14 Explorer as I raised the mileage 2 km and it worked. I get a seed request error: (0x00) and also Invalid key [0x35] error. Anyone able to program this. I have Level 1 with 3 tokens with the UCDS adapter.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I have tried to use UCDS to program mileage and I cannot. I tried to program mileage for 15-17 Cluster, 18 LCD cluster and 18 analog cluser (which works as it should with asbuilt programming if upgrade from 15-17). I was able to program 14 Explorer as I raised the mileage 2 km and it worked. I get a seed request error: (0x00) and also Invalid key [0x35] error. Anyone able to program this. I have Level 1 with 3 tokens with the UCDS adapter.
Do you have the "Official" UCDS? I know some of the cheaper Chinese variants have issues with the Mustangs.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I am just going to leave this here.... :like:

I expect an official build to be released soon.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the "Official" UCDS? I know some of the cheaper Chinese variants have issues with the Mustangs.
Yes bought from Russia using latest UCDS 2.0.5.004 ish

Last edited:

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yes bought from Russia using latest UCDS 2.0.4 ish
Not sure why it is not working for you then. I know a few people that have confirmed that UCDS can edit mileage.

d1331

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White
Completed my swap today, having trouble with programming though. The first time I connected my car to forscan I had a bunch of DTCs from the factory. So I’m kind of stuck on what to do and how to fix them.

2017 GT Premium.
9C445538-4A3B-45D7-A1CB-0A976021D7D1.jpeg
59707102-E009-4D33-B47E-89673D7713C7.jpeg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if I am following... Those DTCs are a result of the cluster not being programmed. It is a new cluster so it needs to be "initialized". You need to go into the spreadsheet and load the entirety of the example ABD into the cluster (IPC) using forscan. From there you can edit the IPC as built to the features your vehicle has.

d1331

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White
Not sure if I am following... Those DTCs are a result of the cluster not being programmed. It is a new cluster so it needs to be "initialized". You need to go into the spreadsheet and load the entirety of the example ABD into the cluster (IPC) using forscan. From there you can edit the IPC as built to the features your vehicle has.
Sorry I did not clarify. I was under the impression I needed to save the factory files before I did the install so I would have the original data but it was full of DTCs. I saved it all anyway and went on and did the swap. So do I need to just save the original files and use the configuration in the spreadsheet?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
The original configuration for the analog cluster will not work correctly for the LCD. Format the LCD with the as built data in the spreadsheet. Once you have edited the example code to match your vehicle options then I would save that configuration. That way you have a copy of the as built that works with the vehicle.
Sponsored