2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Those won't work on the latest versions of UCDS which have the JR3T calibration, so it's a no :(
I've been playing with chips and mileage, I found that the digital cluster uses a completely different structure (obviously)
Of course not.... Oh well, looks like I will be purchasing the $300 UCDS then as it just is way more convenient to be able to change the OD on the fly instead of having the car down for a few days waiting for the cluster.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
On the bright side of things, I got all the parts required to install the cluster so that is the plan for today! Hope to have it all completed and programmed (except for OD that is) by tonight.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Thanks, but I'm not understanding if that means someone can flash whatever firmware controls the availability of an oil temp digital gauge with the earlier version that allows that. I'm thinking that would reside in the cluster itself because otherwise why would the part number for the cluster change when the oil temp option was removed.
The hardware is the same across all clusters MPH/KPH/Manual/Auto/Bullitt/Mustang
Only the software revision is different but that doesn't mean u can just change between modes by flashing different firmware, you'd need the right tools to do that (I recently spent 2 weeks until I figured it all out haha) and I guess it's the same for the oil temp
DSC00009.JPG
FB_IMG_1545847203630.jpg
FB_IMG_1545847198774.jpg
FB_IMG_1545847187648.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Guys.... Can't get my cluster to program. Forscan says "service procedure has been interrupted". I updated to the latest version of forscan and still nothing....

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Got it working thankfully. Uninstalled and reinstalled and deleted all previous profiles.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Followed the guide and aside from the forscan issue it went great! Working perfectly with the V6.
IMG_20181226_175522.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Now all that's left is correcting mileage. Need a UCDS for that.

th2408au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
hi, just wondering if anyone has had issues with their tachometer not working, i have done the 2018 cluster upgrade from a 2106 and it was working on the new cluster but after making changes it has now stopped. I tried resetting everything back to factory but still no go, any ideas would help of if anyone can share their modified IPC and SCCM files so i can compare. everything else is working fine. Is there a module that works for the tacho other than the IPC or SCCM

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
hi, just wondering if anyone has had issues with their tachometer not working, i have done the 2018 cluster upgrade from a 2106 and it was working on the new cluster but after making changes it has now stopped. I tried resetting everything back to factory but still no go, any ideas would help of if anyone can share their modified IPC and SCCM files so i can compare. everything else is working fine. Is there a module that works for the tacho other than the IPC or SCCM
Did you try my suggestion on your other post?

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I had an issue with the tach not working before I programmed. My suggestion would be to write the baseline ABD provided in the OP and start over with your mods to the code doing them one at a time. Obviously something got changed that caused your issue.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a UCDS? Or better yet, anyone know if I could rent one for a few days?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
CORRECTION to my other post.

Try IPC 720-07-02 to read 0000 0030

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase a UCDS? Or better yet, anyone know if I could rent one for a few days?
Not sure about where you live, but usually shops can do that, at least should be able to. That's mainly if you only need to correct the mileage and not any of the actual code still. Absolutely no idea about renting, but found this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ford-U...ter-Correct-Replace-Ford-VCM-II-/263998206768

Not sure about the legitimacy of it, but says you should be able to change it with it. Never done it myself though, and completely new to these kinds of modifications, so don't take my word for it. I'd lean more towards shops myself. Could also see what Breeves002 says.

BTW, looks sick. Might i suggest white lights for the interior though. Makes it look 10x better.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
That is my one concern with alot of these UCDS listings.... I am not sure which one is the right one to get and even if I would receive the item due to the countries they are coming from. Alot of the shops in my area have VCM IIs but I have not asked about UCDS. From what I know, VCM II cannot adjust mileage. I would basically be using the UCDS for mileage correction and maybe flashing the ABS module to enable Line Lock. $300 (for the "real" UCDS) is a bit steep for just those two things.

PS: I agree, I have the LEDs but just have yet to install them.
Sponsored