Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
Looking at doing this upgrade, but not sure if i want to upgrade the stereo from the Sync 3 to an aftermarket system. Can anyone confirm if the song playing still works with other systems? Mainly if you're playing the music from a USB. (Wondering about the Nav too, not that it matters as much to me)
No nav and song title only work if you have sync 3 won’t work with aftermarket units
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
No nav and song title only work if you have sync 3 won’t work with aftermarket units
Okay, might still go for it, just trying to not be disappointed with an upgrade beforehand. TY ^-^

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco Premium
Ya I was initially going for the Tesla screen but ended up going for sync 3 swap so everything was functional on my digital dash
I'm thinking of the Halo 9 from Alpine myself. I like the climate controls and everything else from the physical aspect of the stock stereo, just not the operating system. A nice part of the halo is the additional functions it can do like activating lights or things of that nature. Less remotes and custom switches. Just wish there was more of a variety of stereos that can fit in the 2015+ besides the cheap chinese ones for $300 that all look the same.

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
So if i got the manual digital cluster would the shift light and shift markers work like they do in the 18's? I saw a really cool video of the manual with digital display and setting the shift points in track mode and sport mode and what not. One of the modes the top of the screen lights up from green to yellow to red depending on how close you are to your set shift point.

Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Another satisfied customer of Sam's plug and play kit!
All works! ACC/auto wipers/high beams.

Looks great!
Truly plug and play!

Thanks, Sam!

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)
Does anybody know if for the trim piece behind the cluster (that needs cutting) what the part number for the 2018 equivalent is and if it fits the 2017?

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
W1ldthing that is part of the dash. it is not a separate piece. You would have to purchase the entire dash assembly which lists for almost $4,000.00

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does anybody know if for the trim piece behind the cluster (that needs cutting) what the part number for the 2018 equivalent is and if it fits the 2017?
Good question. But I'm afraid that it is a very large (expensive?) piece that requires taking half the car apart to replace it. If I recall, everyone who posted has cut it while its in the car despite the risk of cutting nearby things in the process.

w1ldthing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alun
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT V8 (MY17)
Ah, made myself think it was just a separate piece looking at the pictures. Won't be replacing the whole dash!
Scalpel it is then.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So anyone ever purchase the cheap Chinese UCDS? Are these capable of changing cluster mileage? $60 is alot nicer then $300 for limited usage.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So anyone ever purchase the cheap Chinese UCDS? Are these capable of changing cluster mileage? $60 is alot nicer then $300 for limited usage.
Don't know but I have an add-on question: The description says those can update the firmware of the modules. Does that mean someone could flash the earlier firmware and thereby have an option for oil temp? I can't believe there is any hardware change related to eliminating that digital oil temp option. For that matter I never read why Ford removed it. Did someone make a complaint because it was a calculated value rather than from an actual temp sensor and Ford just removed it to avoid the hassle?

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Those won't work on the latest versions of UCDS which have the JR3T calibration, so it's a no :(
I've been playing with chips and mileage, I found that the digital cluster uses a completely different structure (obviously)

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Don't know but I have an add-on question: The description says those can update the firmware of the modules. Does that mean someone could flash the earlier firmware and thereby have an option for oil temp? I can't believe there is any hardware change related to eliminating that digital oil temp option. For that matter I never read why Ford removed it. Did someone make a complaint because it was a calculated value rather than from an actual temp sensor and Ford just removed it to avoid the hassle?
I don't know about oil temperature but I can flash firmwares that have either the firmware with numeric readings + 3 gauges or the firmware with gauges only

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't know about oil temperature but I can flash firmwares that have either the firmware with numeric readings + 3 gauges or the firmware with gauges only
Thanks, but I'm not understanding if that means someone can flash whatever firmware controls the availability of an oil temp digital gauge with the earlier version that allows that. I'm thinking that would reside in the cluster itself because otherwise why would the part number for the cluster change when the oil temp option was removed.
Sponsored