1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hoosier:

I have it installed on my 15. When you say solid, what do you mean exactly? I did install some thick foam on the back of the cluster to avoid rattling if that’s what you mean? I’ve had it for 3 years now with zero issues.
Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
There is a drawing early on in the thread of some brackets you can make out ridged metal or tin. I bent two of those and installed with foam. No issues either going on two plus years

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hoosier:

I have it installed on my 15. When you say solid, what do you mean exactly? I did install some thick foam on the back of the cluster to avoid rattling if that’s what you mean? I’ve had it for 3 years now with zero issues.
It's such a big job, I just want everything solidly bolted. Don't want to have to pull things apart again if something shifts, wears thru, ??? down the road.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There is a drawing early on in the thread of some brackets you can make out ridged metal or tin. I bent two of those and installed with foam. No issues either going on two plus years
Will look for that.

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
It's such a big job, I just want everything solidly bolted. Don't want to have to pull things apart again if something shifts, wears thru, ??? down the road.
Like I said, 3 years and no issues so?

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I got everything installed except the clock spring didn’t want to take off the steering wheel
Then the buttons are not going to work, they never will because they are in different locations on the 18+. That's why you need a 18+ clock spring to communicate with them.

And believe it or not removing the steering wheel is probably the easiest part of this job. You need a good size Allen wrench to push in the airbag clips. Pop it off, un plug the connectors. Then zip off the steering wheel bolt. Take steering wheel off. Done.

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Then the buttons are not going to work, they never will because they are in different locations on the 18+. That's why you need a 18+ clock spring to communicate with them.

And believe it or not removing the steering wheel is probably the easiest part of this job. You need a good size Allen wrench to push in the airbag clips. Pop it off, un plug the connectors. Then zip off the steering wheel bolt. Take steering wheel off. Done.
Agreed, definitely easiest portion of the install. Steering wheel comes off pretty easy and the clock swing swap takes no time.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge

Funny you say that. I used a lot of foam in there but lately I've heard a rattle going over big bumps.
I really can't see what's causing the noise. It's padded good.
I'm not going to worry about it, with my exhaust, road noise from the 305s, stereo, I only hear it on big bumps.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Funny you say that. I used a lot of foam in there but lately I've heard a rattle going over big bumps.
I really can't see what's causing the noise. It's padded good.
I'm not going to worry about it, with my exhaust, road noise from the 305s, stereo, I only hear it on big bumps.
Yeah. If I do this, I want everything as solidly mounted as Ford decided was optimal for the 18+. To be honest, doing it at all is mostly a desire to mod for mods' sake. So would really annoy me if there were downsides later on no matter how unlikely. That's just me.

Last edited:

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Yeah. If I do this, I want everything as solidly mounted as Ford decided was optimal for the 18+. To be honest, doing it at all is mostly a desire to mod for mods' sake. So would really annoy me if there were downsides later on no matter how unlikely. That's just me.
No, I understand.

Thinking back. I probably should have just drilled some new holes up top and make my own bracket of some sort.

Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Look at responses #880 and 881. Drawing of brackets and installation using self taping screws. I used these in my install with foam and have had no issues.

Last edited:

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know the code to change the turbo logo to SC on the cluster? Someone on fb posted it. I’ll give mine a try but it’s the old cluster lol

DD35BFB1-7FCF-4DBB-B5AD-2A8BAC384EA1.jpeg

Slue3000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
I just completed the swap. I have an 18 301A and after I put in the dash and set everything up I noticed I'm not able to use line lock. Is there a fix for this?

Joshephooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Okay my question is which should I do first on a 2016, digital cluster or Sync 3?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Okay my question is which should I do first on a 2016, digital cluster or Sync 3?
You will get way more useful functionality from the Sync3 system upgrade.
Sponsored