2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Whyachi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Hey what was the part number for the cluster you got?? There’s so many part numbers for them
Couldn’t tell you bro sorry. Got it off fb mp and I didn’t see the part # on it
Sponsored

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Has anyone installed from a part out without using Forscan? Getting one tomorrow and do not have Forscan yet so I was just going to note the mileage and change it once I can Forscan it. Wasn't sure If I could just plug it straight in and be good to go.

Whyachi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Has anyone installed from a part out without using Forscan? Getting one tomorrow and do not have Forscan yet so I was just going to note the mileage and change it once I can Forscan it. Wasn't sure If I could just plug it straight in and be good to go.
Depends what you're all installing. I have a 19 and installed just the dash and steering wheel controls and I can't use any of the new steering wheel controls. It functions as it should just can't change to the different cluster modes like the Gauges, its stuck on the MPG screen for mine rn.

I bought the cluster from someone who has the same spec car as mine so there is that as well.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Guys, you really need to read the thread especially the forscan programming needed for your vehicles. Most features will need to be turned on via forscan. This is not just plug and play coming from a normal dial speedo.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys,

Did not have time last evening but if you go to page one of this thread and look for the heading listed below this will point you in the right direction. You will need to determine features/options for your vehicle and code the forscan lines based on that information. As stated, depending on your year of Mustang you may need to replace the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) basically your light and turn signals switches behind your steering wheel. This is also explained in the first page of the thread on who needs to replace or not. Also, you maybe required based on year to purchase or replace switches in the steering wheel. Those parts and information are also listed there.

GL, were here to assist when we can but you must start by taking the first step and following the procedures listed, they do work!

Step 3: Configure as-built data with FORScan!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Whyachi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
was
Guys,

Did not have time last evening but if you go to page one of this thread and look for the heading listed below this will point you in the right direction. You will need to determine features/options for your vehicle and code the forscan lines based on that information. As stated, depending on your year of Mustang you may need to replace the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) basically your light and turn signals switches behind your steering wheel. This is also explained in the first page of the thread on who needs to replace or not. Also, you maybe required based on year to purchase or replace switches in the steering wheel. Those parts and information are also listed there.

GL, were here to assist when we can but you must start by taking the first step and following the procedures listed, they do work!

Step 3: Configure as-built data with FORScan!
appreicate it, I just didn’t know which module it was since there isn’t anything that explicitly says which one turns the buttons on but I could just be blind. I’ll run through it again now that I have my ob2 cable. Thanks!

rcwilli7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Depends what you're all installing. I have a 19 and installed just the dash and steering wheel controls and I can't use any of the new steering wheel controls. It functions as it should just can't change to the different cluster modes like the Gauges, its stuck on the MPG screen for mine rn.

I bought the cluster from someone who has the same spec car as mine so there is that as well.
All plugged in and running as should. I wasn’t going to Forscan until next week but just wanted to make sure I could use it until then 🙂

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
was

appreicate it, I just didn’t know which module it was since there isn’t anything that explicitly says which one turns the buttons on but I could just be blind. I’ll run through it again now that I have my ob2 cable. Thanks!
There are 2 tabs for code lines. Ipc and sccm. The sccm tab is to enable the buttons.

Pucklord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT California Special
Has anyone used the original lower left hand “Adaptive cruise control on the 2015-2017 with their new digital cluster!? Does it works? I know the OP said that it should be replaced with one from 2018+ but has anyone used their original one successfully with no problems?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone used the original lower left hand “Adaptive cruise control on the 2015-2017 with their new digital cluster!? Does it works? I know the OP said that it should be replaced with one from 2018+ but has anyone used their original one successfully with no problems?
I replaced with part numbers listed below on my 2015 and I have Adaptive Cruise. I followed the directions. My guess, the original Adaptive Cruise switch will not work with the required new SCCM needed for the 2015? The switch was $26 bucks.. I bought the following switches per instructions and bottom one listed is for Adaptive Cruise.

JR3Z-9C888-AA​
Set/Resume Switch​
$25.77​
1​
$25.77​
JR3Z-9C888-EA​
Set/Resume Switch​
$25.47​
1​
$25.47​
JR3Z-9C888-CA​
Set/Resume Switch​
$25.77​
1​
$25.77​
JR3Z-9C888-FA​
Set/Resume Switch​
$25.97​
1​
$25.97​

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jfuggint

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I installed my setup in the fall and I’m gonna be pulling the car out of storage soon, I added the whipple and want to use the boost gauge in the cluster. I’ve currently got the boost gauge in the left side of the pic, is there a way to program the right side into the gauge my ocd wants the supercharger rotors 🤣

88CF5929-2E0D-40E0-A2DE-EB114F51A84A.jpeg

mark958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - ESS S/C, HF headers, AWE exhaust
Huge thanks to @breeves002 for helping me with my digital dash upgrade on my 2015 GT and the guides and people on this forum. It works perfectly and I love it. Next to come are the big brembos on the front and a Steeda shock / strut setup

GRWUP2V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue EcoBoost
Hands down probably the best mod I’ve done. When looking for a car I wanted leather, 8” screen and digital gauges. I could only find 2 out of 3 each time. Yesterday I got number 3 and we are complete.

70215107702__E38FC33B-D33C-47DC-A716-DDADEB57E277.jpeg
Sponsored