Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
2020 Mustang GT
base car 10r80
Sync3 kit added back in March.
Drive modes and everything worked fine before I installed the dash.

Bought a new digital dash and all the buttons that are needed from my local dealer.

Installed dash today and attempted to program stuff with forscan and I was able to clear the 4x4 warning, BLIS warnings, and everything else that popped up but the dash itself is very basic.

I don't have drive modes anymore, there are no gauges, and the center of the screen is blank when I try and "show gauges".

Has anyone else seen this before? I'm sure it's something dumb but what am I missing?
I had more information on my base model cluster to include temps, pressures, etc but now I essentially only have a speedo and a tach.

I don't fancy myself an idiot when it comes to tech but about an hour and a half messing with and going through the options in forscan still has me stumped.

Any help is appreciated!

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not unless you have the actual Part 2 Spec documentation from Ford. I could run DET on a cluster set up with the spreadsheets Iā€™ve seen on the internet and show you where the errors are. This is why Hextall customers donā€™t have the issues that our competitors have. The best part is we donā€™t have to steal to get things done, like some people šŸ˜‰

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
2020 Mustang GT
base car 10r80
Sync3 kit added back in March.
Drive modes and everything worked fine before I installed the dash.

Bought a new digital dash and all the buttons that are needed from my local dealer.

Installed dash today and attempted to program stuff with forscan and I was able to clear the 4x4 warning, BLIS warnings, and everything else that popped up but the dash itself is very basic.

I don't have drive modes anymore, there are no gauges, and the center of the screen is blank when I try and "show gauges".

Has anyone else seen this before? I'm sure it's something dumb but what am I missing?
I had more information on my base model cluster to include temps, pressures, etc but now I essentially only have a speedo and a tach.

I don't fancy myself an idiot when it comes to tech but about an hour and a half messing with and going through the options in forscan still has me stumped.

Any help is appreciated!
Want to say thank you to breeves! I purchased a sync3 kit from another vendor on this site and it never worked right. We were supposed to resolve it but the messages went cold and I ended up fixing it myself via a quick Forescan change.

I just purchased a dash kit from my local dealer and installed it. As soon as I did, my toggle switches (drive mode, traction control, steering mode) all stopped working and my dash had all sorts of errors.

I reached out to previous vendor and he said he would fix it. After waiting for a week with no progress, I reached out to breeves who responded within an hour. I explained the situation and asked him if he could fix it and he assured me he could.

$150 and 30 mins later, I received 2 new files to load via Forscan and BOOM! The car is 100% functional and operates exactly as it should. Gotta love that!

Thank you Breeves! Stoked to do more business with you in the future B)

Sponsored

s550coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt
is a dealership capable of programming the steering wheel switches?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
is a dealership capable of programming the steering wheel switches?
You can follow all information in the spreadsheet on the first page of this thread and then use Forscan to program based on your Mustang equipment. You need more than just new steering wheel switches. You also need to replace the Steering Column Housing Assembly (SCCM). Sorry, but the dealership will not help when doing this type of update to your Mustang.

s550coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt
let me try this question again. I have the digital gauge cluster installed, and the steering wheel switches are installed as well. Can the dealership activate the right two steering wheel switches?

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
let me try this question again. I have the digital gauge cluster installed, and the steering wheel switches are installed as well. Can the dealership activate the right two steering wheel switches?
You can try, but I doubt they would help with something like this. If you donā€™t want to do the programming yourself there is Sam on here I believe that you can pay for the config file. You can use Forscan to program that file to the car and get the switches to work.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
They're not going to do anything for you. You can very easily do it yourself with forscan and the information in the first post in this thread.

Sponsored
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Almost no dealers will do it. I have run across exactly 1 in my history doing this that used FORScan for things which blew my mind. FDRS/IDS won't let you manually make the change. Well. IDS will but it isn't easy and the dealers aren't going to know how to do it.

I can provide assistance if you'd like just PM me, or use the info in this thread to do it yourself with FORScan.

1vs1m88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th anniversary
Almost no dealers will do it. I have run across exactly 1 in my history doing this that used FORScan for things which blew my mind. FDRS/IDS won't let you manually make the change. Well. IDS will but it isn't easy and the dealers aren't going to know how to do it.

I can provide assistance if you'd like just PM me, or use the info in this thread to do it yourself with FORScan.

I'm from Mexico, I'm interested in buying a cluster kit for a 2015, through eBay, but I don't get the option, could you configure your sales post with ebay's global priority shipping?

20902C88-37B2-45C9-B8B5-3F4FF079F18E.jpeg

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Did you install the 2018+ Clock spring too?

I don't recall having to program my switches to work. They just worked.
More just programing the cluster with the right settings.

s550coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt
I got everything installed except the clock spring didnā€™t want to take off the steering wheel

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Has anyone come up with a way to mount these on a pre '18 as solidly as on an '18 plus?
Sponsored