Sponsored

2017 Undercarriage Corrosion

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
when was your build date? perhaps it was left outside at the factory / dealer for that time.
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
when was your build date? perhaps it was left outside at the factory / dealer for that time.

Come on people! This is a flood car. Even the underside of the unibody shows rust and that is the clincher. Expect all kinds of shit to start happening when the extended dunk starts to affect the connections. The op should threaten to sue the dealer if they don’t offer up a proper car. They are scum for looking at the damage and saying it’s normal. “Normal” my f**king ass! They probably made a shit load over whatever salvage value they paid and what the op will be paying over the next few years. I rarely recommend a lawyer but in this case he may get some traction dealing with these crooks by threatening legal action.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If the Ford Dealer was in a hurricane zone and their lot was flooded - you should post up the Dealer name, because I’m certain that the area near, around or even their own location was probably picked up in news footage vids and stills - which could probably be found on google...

Have you called the Ford Customer Service 800 number yet? If not, you’re not going to gain any traction here, for yourself or via the Dealer. The number is in the owners manual and plastered all over this site for a reason - you DO have rights and Ford wants to be aware of any issues where their customers are not 100% satisfied with their products.

Once you call and get a regional CSR involved, you will get a Case # and your concerns will get elevated.

I would say your situation calls for a Buy Back, which could result in you getting a brand new replacement OR your $ back (your choice). The Dealership does not do and does not have the authority to authorize or initiate a Buy Back, therefore that is why they are offering you “trade in”, which is only going to screw you over deeper.

SnookHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Hey guys, I know this may not be a current thead but i need help, has anyone bought a car from Weikert Ford in Lake Wales, Florida?
I am having a similar problem with mine.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Come on people! This is a flood car. Even the underside of the unibody shows rust and that is the clincher. Expect all kinds of shit to start happening when the extended dunk starts to affect the connections. The op should threaten to sue the dealer if they don’t offer up a proper car. They are scum for looking at the damage and saying it’s normal. “Normal” my f**king ass! They probably made a shit load over whatever salvage value they paid and what the op will be paying over the next few years. I rarely recommend a lawyer but in this case he may get some traction dealing with these crooks by threatening legal action.

Now you know why I always order a car. Yeah you may have to wait a little longer but it's just been built.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I used to use that also, and am a convert to fluid film. It just "sticks around" a LOT longer. ACF 50 is still useful, but IMO, fluid film is a better product for our needs.
I've used fluid film for years, but CNC Marine Corrosion Inhibitor stays for a lot longer because it's immune to being washed off.
Sponsored