Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi all,

I'm looking to drive my daily (Bullitt) through winter here in SW OH. I'm shopping around for winter tires and wheels, but was wondering if anyone has good experience with underbody coating against rust, rust inhibition, companies that do this, etc?
Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Undercoating wise, stay away from any of the rubberized products as they will break down and end up trapping moisture. I use Krown myself - it's a once a year oil spray. This will be the fourth winter for my Mustang, and I haven't had any issues with corrosion. Check out their site, www.krown.com - there are locations all over. They have a warranty too.

The only caveat with their service is that they will drill a few small 1/4" access holes into your car so they can spray the oil on the insides of the various body panels. They added a small hole in my doors and in the door sill plate area. They are plugged and if you didn't know, you probably wouldn't even notice. You can request that they don't do this, but then they can't really fully protect the car... as they won't be able to access some areas with the spray gun.

Last edited:

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Undercoating wise, stay away from any of the rubberized products as they will break down and end up trapping moisture. I use Krown myself - it's a once a year oil spray. This will be the fourth winter for my Mustang, and I haven't had any issues with corrosion. Check out their site, www.krown.com - there are locations all over. They have a warranty too.

The only caveat with their service is that they will drill a few small 1/4" access holes into your car so they can spray the oil on the insides of the various body panels. They added a small hole in my doors and in the door sill plate area. They are plugged and if you didn't know, you probably wouldn't even notice. You can request that they don't do this, but then they can't really fully protect the car... as they won't be able to access some areas with the spray gun.
There are plenty of videos on youtube that tell you to stay away from the rubberized undercarriage spray as stated above. My buddy that's in New York also uses the krown oil spray and he cant stop saying good things about it.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
ACF 50 - don't get it on your brakes. or pads. you can spray it literally everywhere else including electronics but best to avoid the drive belt..

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There are plenty of videos on youtube that tell you to stay away from the rubberized undercarriage spray as stated above. My buddy that's in New York also uses the krown oil spray and he cant stop saying good things about it.
Thanks for the input. I looked into installers near me and there's 2 in SW Ohio that do this, around $130, seems like Krown it is...

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Hi all,

I'm looking to drive my daily (Bullitt) through winter here in SW OH. I'm shopping around for winter tires and wheels, but was wondering if anyone has good experience with underbody coating against rust, rust inhibition, companies that do this, etc?
Why not buy a $2000 beater and put the mustang away for the winter?

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I thought about it. But, even though it's a bit more of a special edition, I bought the car as a daily and it makes a daily commute so much fun. Winters don't get horrible around here (at least in the 3yrs I've lived here), so I figured why keep it in the garage stowed away, when I can put on as many miles as I can. Def not garage queen.. :)

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I was about to ask the same thing. I never understand why people spend $30k on a mustang and then drive it in the winter. Spray oil all you want, salt and rust never sleep and will eventually damage the car, period, no way around it. If you only plan to own the car for 2-3 years then have at it. But for those of us that view our car as a longer term relationship, driving in the winter is just a bad choice.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I daily drive my Mustang in Cleveland winters and so far still looks great underneath. I get the undercarriage sprayed off at least once a week at my local touch less car wash and I think that is the key.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I daily drive my Mustang in Cleveland winters and so far still looks great underneath. I get the undercarriage sprayed off at least once a week at my local touch less car wash and I think that is the key.
Thanks for the input! I think Cleveland winters get LOT worse than near Dayton due to the lake I think...
I do go only to touchless (haven't even hand-washed the car yet, should), surprisingly true touchless are hard to find. Everyone has those "soft brushes," miss me with that stuff...

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I spot treat anywhere rusty or likely to rust with boeshield. My cars last forever (corrosion wise)

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
I thought about it. But, even though it's a bit more of a special edition, I bought the car as a daily and it makes a daily commute so much fun. Winters don't get horrible around here (at least in the 3yrs I've lived here), so I figured why keep it in the garage stowed away, when I can put on as many miles as I can. Def not garage queen.. :)
I guess living near chicago has me a bit more paranoid. It's not you or your driving skill its the other monkeys on the road, mixed with snow/ice.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt