Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I live in S/W Florida My Mustang is now 8 years old,and NO rust on the undercarriage or any where else,something wrong there.
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
even salted roads will not cause that kind of rust in that short of time .. im tell ya that car sat somewhere in standing water for along time before you got it .id be on someones ass from ford about that .. i see cars all day long come into my shop and ive never seen that on a new car.. maybe some older cars like 02 and below but never on a 12 and up... thats unacceptable in my book

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like serious exposure to salt water (IE tidal surge/flooding) or salt from the road up North. Not normal for a year old car at all.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
2017 2000 mi. garage queen. Rust from condensation in the garage. Seems to proliferate around welds and lower grade alloys not protected by paint or plating. Shocking, but as long as it's just on the surface, I'm not going to worry about it. Might get ambitious with a wire brush and some aluminum paint at some point.
IMG_8336.jpg
IMG_8341.jpg
IMG_8342.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

pcrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Update - finally got the dealership to look at it and the service manager looked at it with me, compared it to another 2017 with 2K miles, and acknowledged that it was not normal and classified it as excessive. Unfortunately, according to him, it was not something Ford would cover under warranty, but he wrote it up that he inspected it and his observations, and took pictures for their records. He said my best bet was to report it to the BBB Autoline as that would force Ford to take a look at it. According to him if either he or I called Ford about it they were unlikely to respond favorably.
Also; has asked if I would be willing to trade it for another one, which I took as a even trade/swap. Boy was I surprised, although I don't know why. What they tried to do was offer me trade in price for my car to go towards another one, which would have been over a $4500 loss for me. What a waste of time and disappointment. So much for doing the right thing. I guess it's on to the next step in the process....

Last edited:

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Way worse than mine that was tested by Ford engineers on Michigan roads in January 15 for 48 miles. It looks like a salt water dip to me.....

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Take some high res photos of the corrosion then visit your local vehicle wrapping company to have your mustang wrapped in vinyl covered with the photos and some text detailing the age and mileage of your <insert dealer name> FORD plus their official response. Then park it right outside your ford dealership every day until they contact you with a more favourable response. Far cheaper than a trade in.

Last edited:

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
It isn't Ford's fault if the car was parked in flood water. That's why they aren't going to help...or your dealer doesn't want to have it raised because ford will point the finger back at them.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Since the dealer isn't going to help you, start a new post airing out the dealership on here to start and other forums to follow.

I did this in the past with an issue the dealer refused to rectify. 2 weeks later I personally got a call from the dealership manager asking me to remove my negative posts and they would rectify the problem and also gave me 500$ service credit. The manager knew who I was due to this issue and my posts must have been their breaking point.

Bad PR goes a long way and don't give up. The squeaky wheel will eventually get the grease it deserves.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Hmmm..... must compare to mine. When it gets warmer I'll look

Sponsored

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My cars is garaged at work, and garaged at home.

My best friend has a 16 GT and he parks outside for work and at home.

We both go to the same shop for our cars, his was just like yours and mine was spotless with no rust.

Obviously shouldn't be the case with a newer vehicle either way, but might give some sort of explanation.

Last edited:

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
You can beat this up and back and forth all day. But this car was sitting in water for some time. I believe it's time to talk to the dealer.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Two Words: Fluid Film. Buy the kit with the applicator and a gallon. Spray the bottom and what not. Now. Google it.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
You should file a report with NHTSA because the brake line corrosion is a serious safety hazard.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I use the stuff the US airforce use as an anti-corrosive. ACF-50.
I used to use that also, and am a convert to fluid film. It just "sticks around" a LOT longer. ACF 50 is still useful, but IMO, fluid film is a better product for our needs.
Sponsored