2017 MUSTANG GT MANUAL STALLING

Jard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have a 17 GT that has began stalling randomly when I push in the clutch. It's usually when I am leaving a parking space I can feel the car lurch and shake but still accelerates. then I push the clutch in bang, engine is dead and I have to come to a complete stop to restart. it has happened one time in the middle of the road and almost caused an accident. i have owned the car for almost 2 years now and its starting to get more frequent. I was going to bring it into the dealer I bought it from but they told me that I would have to pay their diagnostic fee if there was no problem found. I told the guy that if there wasn't a problem why would I waste my time bringing it in?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The car is under warranty. You don't pay any diagnostic fee. Find another dealer if they are going to be that crappy. I'm sure Ford Corporate would also love to hear about them.

OP
OP

Jard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I totally agree

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The car is under warranty. You don't pay any diagnostic fee. Find another dealer if they are going to be that crappy. I'm sure Ford Corporate would also love to hear about them.
^THIS. All day.

The second you try to mend it yourself, they will void the warranty. The dealer doesn't get to charge a diagnostic fee for warranty items. Ford should set them straight on that.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a 17 GT that has began stalling randomly when I push in the clutch. It's usually when I am leaving a parking space I can feel the car lurch and shake but still accelerates. then I push the clutch in bang, engine is dead and I have to come to a complete stop to restart. it has happened one time in the middle of the road and almost caused an accident. i have owned the car for almost 2 years now and its starting to get more frequent. I was going to bring it into the dealer I bought it from but they told me that I would have to pay their diagnostic fee if there was no problem found. I told the guy that if there wasn't a problem why would I waste my time bringing it in?
Who is the dealer?

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Get the Ford performance pack tune 2 and get a faster better daily driver and keep your warranty

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
[QUOTE="Jard, post: 2350478, member: 37105" I was going to bring it into the dealer I bought it from but they told me that I would have to pay their diagnostic fee if there was no problem found. I told the guy that if there wasn't a problem why would I waste my time bringing it in?[/QUOTE]

This is typical of a dealership. They just want to charge for everything if they can't find a problem. I don't know of too many people that just love to visit a dealership for a non-existent problem and throw hard earned money at them for nothing. They're just dodging a warranty issue.

You can try looking under the drivers dash yourself to see if any of the clutch switches have come loose or broken/cracked. I don't know how many miles on your car but maybe the clutch slave cylinder is acting up? Is the pedal getting harder to push to the floor which may indicate the clutch slave cylinder sticking?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you can easily reproduce it then take it to the dealer, cause something is wrong. If its intermittent, then the dealer will be frustrating until you can figure out how to reproduce the issue for them on demand.
Sponsored