Sponsored

2016 Mustang GT Auto Misfire and Stalling

leemaids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6g Mustang GT (Guard)
I took delivery of a new Ford Mustang GT (auto) on 7th July 2016. After a couple of months of trouble free motoring I started to experience power loss issues on the 10th September (once the morning temperature dropped). At this time it was only a brief misfire or loss of power for only a second or 2. It went into Haynes Ford in Maidstone on the 12th September, they found no faults. The problem started to get worse and the car wouldn’t reverse without stalling on a cold start (mainly cold mornings), it would also stall and misfire until the engine was warm, sometimes when pulling out of a side turning in front of oncoming traffic. The car went in for the following periods:-

12th spetember - 1 day - No fault found
19th September - 3 days - Fault found - reloaded software
26th September - 23 days - Fault found - New torque converter fitted

27th October (Fault reoccured on 24th October) 2 days - Fords couldn’t find any fault again

I then experienced the fault again on Sunday 30th October, I had my family in the car and we very nearly had a side impact when the car stalled while pulling out of a junction. I then didn’t use the car until 1st November when I had the worst morning so far. I drove the car directly to Haynes and didn’t turn it off so that the service team could see the fault codes. I have told Fords that I don’t feel safe in the car and they have had plenty of opportunity to fix it and that I now want a full refund. I gave the Sales Manager (Neil Threserden) at Haynes all day to reply to my proposal but he didn’t feel it was necessary to resolve this situation

See vid on the link below

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Send Deysha (Ford Service) a pm. She will get this escalated for you. Include your VIN and contact info.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I have remembered that some one said one of the temperature sensor on the engine was malfunctioning showing -40C causing the engine to cut spark. There was no code found.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I took delivery of a new Ford Mustang GT (auto) on 7th July 2016. After a couple of months of trouble free motoring I started to experience power loss issues on the 10th September (once the morning temperature dropped). At this time it was only a brief misfire or loss of power for only a second or 2. It went into Haynes Ford in Maidstone on the 12th September, they found no faults. The problem started to get worse and the car wouldn’t reverse without stalling on a cold start (mainly cold mornings), it would also stall and misfire until the engine was warm, sometimes when pulling out of a side turning in front of oncoming traffic. The car went in for the following periods:-

12th spetember - 1 day - No fault found
19th September - 3 days - Fault found - reloaded software
26th September - 23 days - Fault found - New torque converter fitted

27th October (Fault reoccured on 24th October) 2 days - Fords couldn’t find any fault again

I then experienced the fault again on Sunday 30th October, I had my family in the car and we very nearly had a side impact when the car stalled while pulling out of a junction. I then didn’t use the car until 1st November when I had the worst morning so far. I drove the car directly to Haynes and didn’t turn it off so that the service team could see the fault codes. I have told Fords that I don’t feel safe in the car and they have had plenty of opportunity to fix it and that I now want a full refund. I gave the Sales Manager (Neil Threserden) at Haynes all day to reply to my proposal but he didn’t feel it was necessary to resolve this situation

See vid on the link below

Hi leemaids,

Let's see how I can best assist; I definitely understand your concern. Please send me a private message with your name, phone number, VIN, and current mileage.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Send Deysha (Ford Service) a pm. She will get this escalated for you. Include your VIN and contact info.
Thanks for suggesting us, Labradog! :thumbsup:

Rachel

OP
OP

leemaids

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6g Mustang GT (Guard)
The engine temp seem to be fine, air inlet temp is the same as the outside temp and the engine & gearbox are also working.

The engine is showing errors on crank shaft, fuel mixture and torque (something)

Sponsored

TXAG01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6
I'm having a similar issue with my 2015 GT A6. I don't have a way to check codes, so I don't know if I have any of that going on. Just have had similar experiences as you describe a couple of times in the last few months, the second time this morning. I bought it used in late November but it's still under warranty. I have an appointment to take it in for service on Monday morning. Did anything ever come of your issue?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
video down?
Sponsored