Sponsored

2017 GT 350

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I was at my local dealer trying to buy a new Mach 1 (fail) when I saw the above vehicle on their showroom floor. The vehicle has 4,100 miles on it and looks to be in excellent condition, its a 2 owner car. Asking $63,998. I know nothing about the very little about 350, I do know they don't make them any more. Can someone tell me why I should or shouldn't try and buy it? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
A 17 is out of warranty. The early VooDoo's have a reputation of blowing up.

OP
OP
Finally21

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s certainly some important information. Thanks

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Let’s face it. Most people who would buy a GT350 are going to either beat the crap out of it or garage queen it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Most people who would buy a GT350 are going to either beat the crap out of it or garage queen it.
I'm in the beat it to death category.

Sponsored

Skeptic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 white/blue
I was at my local dealer trying to buy a new Mach 1 (fail) when I saw the above vehicle on their showroom floor. The vehicle has 4,100 miles on it and looks to be in excellent condition, its a 2 owner car. Asking $63,998. I know nothing about the very little about 350, I do know they don't make them any more. Can someone tell me why I should or shouldn't try and buy it? Thanks in advance
Here are my thoughts, having just purchased an '18 gt350.

The gt350 does have a reputation... how much is reputation or hard numbers i don't know... in the end though based on my research and 1) finding one still with power train 2) planning to add an ESP the potential risk is worth it for the car.

Drive one.

If it doesn't feel any different to you than maybe it's not worth the perceived extra risk.

When I decided to get myself another sports car, my search was pretty broad initially, and a mach1 was in the running, but to me, the mach1 styling is not good and the price was basically the same or nearly the same as the gt350s I was looking at; I suspected I'd regret getting something close to what I really wanted but not quite.

In the end, to me, the gt350 looks, driving experience, engine, and transmission were the combination that not too many cars offered until much higher price points... so the list got shortened rapidly and turned into finding the right gt350.... which ended in a 1,200 mile road trip!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The GT350 is in my opinion, the best looking of all the S550’s. Especially in FP Blue with white stripes… just a hint if anyone decides they’d like to gift me.

OP
OP
Finally21

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one I’m looking at is Race Red with a black stripe. Dealer is asking 3k more than MSRP when new.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As you're seeing, everyone on this GT350 subforum who doesn't own a GT350 can't find enough bad things to say about them.

Take the 2017 out for a test drive, get a service record check from the dealer's OASIS system and then make up your mind. There are no other Mustangs that drive like a GT350.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've had 2 2017 GT350Rs. I still own 1. I tracked one of them pretty hard and the car wanted more.

You people who are passing judgement on a model year are way out of bounds. "I heard" or "I read that" doesn't mean crap. You have mostly never owned or had first hand experience with this model year in this model.

The whole gen 2 voodoo stuff is just bullshit. They made some adjustments, but it is the same engine essentially.

To the OP, I would not pass on a 2017 if the car was taken care of and did not exhibit any problems.

Don't listen to a bunch of "I heard that" internet banter stuff. I still have one of my 2017 Rs. Great car. The other had to go to make way for the GT500CFTP. I miss it. It was a great car.

Don't listen to these turds.

Spodie5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I bought a 2016 last October. I read all kinds of posts about oil consumption, engines blowing and pretty much everything else you can think. All cars have issues, especially if it's used for the track. I absolutely love the car and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Good luck.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Test drive it OP. Driving a 350 (or a 500) is unlike any other Mustang. You’ll know if it’s the car for you after you drive it. I drove a 2020 R a month ago and it’s unlike any car I’ve ever driven, it’s a pure rush of adrenaline and I couldn’t stop smiling and giggling like a 10 year old. A little too raw of a car for what I intend to use it for so I’m moving on to base 500’s, but im glad I drove it. If it’s well cared for, the age of the car shouldn’t matter too much (other than normal age related stuff). Get an Oasis report and look it over really good, you’ll be able to tell if it was cared for.

And just as important, listen to the guys that actually own these cars, not the ones that don’t and just shit all over them because they’ve read and heard things. I reached out to an owner here via PM after I drove the R and a 500 back to back (he owns both) to get thoughts and opinions which was super helpful. I’m sure someone would be willing to do the same for you as well if you reach out.

Good luck!

Concretevol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Buy it. Ask any GT350 owner and 90% will say its the best car they have ever owned. My 2016 had done 3000 mile road trips and I track it after changing out wheels/tires/brakes/seats and its functional occasionally tracking completely stock. Additionally the 2017 has the crucial transmission cooler if you do decide to track the car. You will get all the good parts of the Mach 1 plus an incredible and unique engine.
Buy it or at least ask people who own one instead of people who have read about them. lol
Sponsored