2017 Ford Mustang will outperform Chevy Camaro in every way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why would you do that?, my mental image was her in the "Breathe" video. You sir, are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul......

Seriously, off my Christmas card list.......

How do I start a ban vote for this guy?

This is what I am talking about :)

lol
Yeah, I'm a terrible person - just ask anyone who knows me :)

Here's the "Breathe" video, as I try to make up for my previous post:

[ame]
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Disagree 100%. The Camaro is ugly. The Dodge's aren't. Just like people think the Mustang is ugly. Looks are always cleary subjective.

Just like I find Faith Hill, Jennifer Anniston and Giada very pretty and attractive, other woman and blind man don't.
fixed

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Lol.

It appears GM swallowed the big one when they saw Ford sold 12,663 Mustangs in March.

Can't have that. Now can ya GM? This is the best response they can currently offer up...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A great Camaro can only be good for all of us. Last time after the Camaro died and was resurrected - that drove the creation of the 5.0. Finally Ford used the potential of the overhead cam design.

If the Camaro is better and cheaper than the Mustang I just might buy one. But probably not - the last time I drove one that engine just didn't do it for me. The Coyote is really great and I'm thinking Voodoo will be much, much better.

It's an awesome time to be a car guy!

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
The Voodo will be a record breaker on many fronts. Most N/A HP for a North American Brand. Not long after a crate motor is offered. Expect it to reset the record for the fastest run in the quarter mile. Look for high eights to low nines. The current motor to hold the record is the Coyote. This record is for stock production motors.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
90 posts bickering about which car will be better in 2016, with some political nonsense thrown in there. Don't forget Faith Hill.

We can argue all we want, but the Camaro will be the better car in regards to performance. Chevy has had a YEAR to make sure it is better -- and if they fail at that, then they just suck at life.

Us Mustang fans should hope it is better and sells decently, because if it doesn't there is less incentive for Ford to develop the Mustang, especially with 2025 CAFE requirements which will cost the auto industry billions.

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
I'm guessing the Camaro will be the better performer, but the body looks about like the current one, which means very poor visibility. The Mustang is much better looking and will probably have the better interior unless Chevy really pulls out all the stops.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I'm guessing the Camaro will be the better performer, but the body looks about like the current one, which means very poor visibility. The Mustang is much better looking and will probably have the better interior unless Chevy really pulls out all the stops.
The Camaro should be faster... for about 6 months to a year.

The current engine hsn't been pushed. And there is tons on the table with the s550 in termss of suspension, tansmission, and weight reduction from the factory.

Ford is ahead of GM in engine tech across the range.

Goog times.

The 2010 SS comes out, we get the Coyote. The ZL1 comes out, we get the 662 HP 5.8. Ford fired the first hipo salvo with the Voodoo. Can't wit to see what's next.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
With the lt series weighing in at 465lbs. A larger cid version might add even more weight. Longer stroke cranks tend to weigh more. Same can be said about larger pistons. Right now gm has three N/A options. 1st option is to develop a 5.5 liter version. 2nd option, develop the 6.2 and this could happen. 3rd option, develop a even larger version that would weigh even more than 465 lbs. Remember, better flowing heads normally means bigger heads....and that will add even more pounds.

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I really wish I could say that the Mustang community doesn't care about this news piece, but considering this thread has had so many comments in a few days with a lot of "but..." posts its clear that it does bother us as a whole.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I really wish I could say that the Mustang community doesn't care about this news piece, but considering this thread has had so many comments in a few days with a lot of "but..." posts its clear that it does bother us as a whole.
Hack yeah it does, you paid good amount of hard earned money on a car, don't you want it to out perform the competition with the same price range? If not then the question comes why are you not driving a prius or a fuel efficient boring car? People say they love their car even though it will fall short in the competition and i totally respect that! Its their choice! Everyone is different!

matrix243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor & Lightning
90 posts bickering about which car will be better in 2016, with some political nonsense thrown in there. Don't forget Faith Hill.

We can argue all we want, but the Camaro will be the better car in regards to performance. Chevy has had a YEAR to make sure it is better -- and if they fail at that, then they just suck at life.

Us Mustang fans should hope it is better and sells decently, because if it doesn't there is less incentive for Ford to develop the Mustang, especially with 2025 CAFE requirements which will cost the auto industry billions.
Would be nice to win one once in awhile though.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Kudos to the Faith Hill posts....:lol::lol::lol:

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Why would you do that?, my mental image was her in the "Breathe" video. You sir, are awarded no points and may God have mercy on your soul......

Seriously, off my Christmas card list.......

How do I start a ban vote for this guy?

This is what I am talking about :)

lol
No offense, but that picture is Clearly photoshopped! There is NO way that she went from that picture of her with no makeup to this! :cheers:

By the way, in the above posted picture of her without makeup, if you give her some red hair and some muscles, she kind of looks like Carrot Top (he's a comedian for those that might not know him)! :D

As far as Giada...she's pretty, but has anyone else noticed that she reminds me of a bobble headed doll? Her head is a bunch bigger than her body and every time I see her, I'm waiting for her to tip over! :D

Sorry for the Hijack! :cheers:

With the lt series weighing in at 465lbs. A larger cid version might add even more weight. Longer stroke cranks tend to weigh more. Same can be said about larger pistons. Right now gm has three N/A options. 1st option is to develop a 5.5 liter version. 2nd option, develop the 6.2 and this could happen. 3rd option, develop a even larger version that would weigh even more than 465 lbs. Remember, better flowing heads normally means bigger heads....and that will add even more pounds.
Sorry, got a little off topic, but back to the thread at hand. I respectfully disagree with this as far as the adding weight part. They've lost some weight by moving to the Alpha platform too, so it should still weigh less than the outgoing model.

It would be minimal weight addition with a stroker and the slight weight addition would be offset by extra power. It would be a wash or even a plus for GM. Pistons would be a minimal weight gain, that once again might be offset by additional power.

As far as heads go, there would be no extra weight because they could use the same heads and change/raise the ports and other things that would create a better flowing head. Moving more air creates more power potential.

It wouldn't be a smart business move to recast a new head. It's financially irresponsible because of molds and production/manufacturing costs, especially when they just casted the LT1 head a couple of years ago. The slight gains wouldn't offset the cost. It's not cheap, but it's been proven that GM isn't the smartest kid on the block when it comes to spending money, but they're getting better. :cheers:

Does anyone have the stock flow numbers for a 2015 Mustang cylinder head (unported ones Please)?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.