2017 Ford Mustang will outperform Chevy Camaro in every way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddin Vancouver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1
Guys - is the MRC really worth the extra $1900?

I don't really want it, but everyone seems to be hyping it up as "worth the cost". Anyone ever have it before & have any recommendations?
I have it in my ZL1 and it is AWESOME! You can dial in the suspension, from inside, to the type of driving you are doing. When I'm at the track I can adjust for conditions and really get the feel from the car I'm after and then when done I flip it to Tour and it rides Oh so soft, nice and compliant. Hey, I've got lots of health issues and a soft ride when I'm travelling or stuck in traffic is really what my old bones need. I've done enough bouncing around on hard suspension to last me a lifetime and you have to think if its being added to all the top end trim levels its worth the effort.

It will outperform the Camaro like always!
That we shall see but I certainly hope so. If one brand doesn't push the other they complacent and car advancement slows or stalls. Ford wouldn't have MRC without GM pushing it and I wouldn't have a ZL1 if it wasn't for the GT500 :cheers:
Sponsored

Phillip123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang v6.
That we shall see but I certainly hope so. If one brand doesn't push the other they complacent and car advancement slows or stalls. Ford wouldn't have MRC without GM pushing it and I wouldn't have a ZL1 if it wasn't for the GT500 :cheers:
Yap, this competition done well for the both. Its a pretty healthy competition:D

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Just saw the video of him revving it up. The car has the quad tip active exhaust and it sounds really good. Chevy seems to be putting a lot of afford into this car to make every potential owner happy.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Yea I don't get why Ford went soft with the mustang exhaust. At least have a nice optional one

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Unless the driver in that link has the same body proportions as Tyrion Lannister, the driving position and visibility in that car is going to suck out loud for normal humans.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
From that angle it looks like they really tried to make it look very Mustang like and failed. I didn't realize it was now a fastback for the first time, and lost the notch completely.

The belt-line is above the top of that guy's shoulder. Looks like he needs a booster seat, but then his head would be rubbing the roof. It looks worse than the one I test drove a couple years ago that reminded me of the view out the slits of an army tank's copula with the hatch closed.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw the video of him revving it up. The car has the quad tip active exhaust and it sounds really good. Chevy seems to be putting a lot of afford into this car to make every potential owner happy.
Wait,you think that sounds good? :lol:

Sponsored

tooslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback, 2012 Jeep GC
If sounding like every redneck in a GM truck sounds good to you, thenI guess you're in hog heaven. Sound is subjective, like looks, but that being said, my opinion is that it sounds loud, not good.

tooslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback, 2012 Jeep GC
Yea I don't get why Ford went soft with the mustang exhaust. At least have a nice optional one
Because Ford recognizes that not everyone buying a Mustang wants a loud exhaust. They would prefer to let owners take advantage of the aftermarket to customize the sound of the car to their individual liking. GM is making you pay for the active exhaust as an option.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not to mention they had to deal with noise regulations for the world market, not just the US.....

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I did say Optional

Nasty99z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 z28 with full bolt-ons and a mwc fab9
From that angle it looks like they really tried to make it look very Mustang like and failed. I didn't realize it was now a fastback for the first time, and lost the notch completely.

The belt-line is above the top of that guy's shoulder. Looks like he needs a booster seat, but then his head would be rubbing the roof. It looks worse than the one I test drove a couple years ago that reminded me of the view out the slits of an army tank's copula with the hatch closed.
It lost the hatch back in 2002.:headbonk:
Because Ford recognizes that not everyone buying a Mustang wants a loud exhaust. They would prefer to let owners take advantage of the aftermarket to customize the sound of the car to their individual liking. GM is making you pay for the active exhaust as an option.
GM still allows you to take advantage of the after market also this is just another option. And even a aftermarket exhaust will cost money so your post makes no sense.

Not to mention they had to deal with noise regulations for the world market, not just the US.....
It's an OPTION not standard. Some of you guys are so Ford dense that you will talk without thinking just so you can attempt a jab a Chevy.:doh:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.