2016 Mustang GT Cradle/Alignment issue

RevyDSM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
All started when I got an alignment for a new wheel setup and the shop left some subframe bolts relatively loose. A couple weeks later I bought the Steeda Rear subframe alignment kit and found I had to move the subframe 1/4 to 3/8" to get the sleeves in. Have not had an alignment since but my front and rear seem to crabwalk eachother. 65+mph the car starts to "fishtail" slightly but no traction is lost. So my Question is do I just need another alignment or do I have to readjust the subframe/cradle
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
an alignment is only valid with respect to the IRS alignment. If you moved the IRS at all the wheel alignment is totally trash. HOpe the bolts are torqued properly this time?

OP
OP
RevyDSM

RevyDSM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
an alignment is only valid with respect to the IRS alignment. If you moved the IRS at all the wheel alignment is totally trash. HOpe the bolts are torqued properly this time?
Should be torqued to 129 ft/lbs. and 41 ft/lbs on the bracket bolts from what I remember of the specs

Sponsored

OP
OP
RevyDSM

RevyDSM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The grismer in springboro, I had 2 alignments from them aswell. The first one they aligned the car on max ride height for the airsuspenion setup even though I gave them detailed instructions on how to operate it lol

Juantrickpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15GTPP
The grismer in springboro, I had 2 alignments from them aswell. The first one they aligned the car on max ride height for the airsuspenion setup even though I gave them detailed instructions on how to operate it lol
yeah that’s rough. It’s bad enough finding a good alignment shop for a lowered car. I can’t imagine with one on air.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
If you were able to get the sleeves in and everything bolted back up, your subframe itself is now where it needs to be, but you do have to get a new 4-wheel alignment. Now's the perfect time as well to make sure you know what camber and toe specs you want front and rear and make sure you find an alignment shop that knows they can do it vs. alignment to "factory spec".
Sponsored