Partial cradle alignment sleeves

OP
OP

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
At one point I was struggling with getting the sleeves in place, so I called BMR and discussed my situation. The gentleman told me it wasn’t the end of the world if I only got 3 in. He said it’s a Ford, not a high end German car, tolerances aren’t in the same league.

Fortunately I got back to it and got all 4 in place.
I’ll be doing a few more suspension parts which is why I’m gonna give it a go, hopefully there will be enough slop/play/give to get it done.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The other option is to pull all of the cradle bolts and pull the cradle rearward to get space with the gas tank.
Yeah, but that won't help with Doug's CF driveshaft!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Removing the rear CF DS bolts isn't hard. I cut down a 3/8 drive allen head socket to 3/8" which makes the job very easy to remove, install and torque. I wont put any strain on the shaft, just to many variables.

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
I heard that the CB005 does a good job centering and so you don’t need the centering sleeves…

@BMR Suspension?
Before I purchased my CB005 I called and asked if the SCB766 were a good idea to do at the same time. BMR told me that they were not necessary. On their own yes, with the CB005, no.

Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I would disconnect the driveshaft regardless. Too much risk fubaring a 2000 dollar drive shaft.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I would disconnect the driveshaft regardless. Too much risk fubaring a 2000 dollar drive shaft.
I wont FUBR my CF DS. I plan to buy FP half shafts or equivalent, replace bushins, install Studs and switch to E85 possibly with KPM 1500 with PWM control returnless fuel.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I wont FUBR my CF DS. I plan to buy FP half shafts or equivalent, replace bushins, install Studs and switch to E85 possibly with KPM 1500 with PWM control returnless fuel.
I have the FP half shafts. They are actually G Force half shafts. The only thing is the boots are bigger than stock and they get really close to the shock. They actually contact the shocks when hanging unloaded loaded there is about 1/16 to 1/8 clearance.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have the FP half shafts. They are actually G Force half shafts. The only thing is the boots are bigger than stock and they get really close to the shock. They actually contact the shocks when hanging unloaded loaded there is about 1/16 to 1/8 clearance.
Wow, are the GForce any tighter?. I just mounted my Toyo R888R 325/30/19 tonight. Their is about .200 clearance between the top of the tire and my Magneride Shock.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Wow, are the GForce any tighter?. I just mounted my Toyo R888R 325/30/19 tonight. Their is about .200 clearance between the top of the tire and my Magneride Shock.
Yeah, I think with the big tire some are going with a different top shock mount to gain more clearance.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I think with the big tire some are going with a different top shock mount to gain more clearance.
Does some one make a different top magneride shock end?. I know it will be just fine, but when I have the rear tires off again I will grind the ends down. Structurally will not hurt them. Later

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Does some one make a different top magneride shock end?. I know it will be just fine, but when I have the rear tires off again I will grind the ends down. Structurally will not hurt them. Later
J&M makes a low profile steel mount.
Sponsored