Sponsored

Misfire?

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Actually, I would say it's definitly not a misfire. But, sometimes, pretty much always in first gear, (as opposed to any other gear) it sounds like there is a misfire, sounds like its stuttering, but the car actually feels totally fine.

It does not always sound like this, it's actually benn a little while since it's done this, it's been very hot here lately, not sure if thats affecting it at all.

Anyone hear of anything like this??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Actually, I would say it's definitly not a misfire. But, sometimes, pretty much always in first gear, it sounds like there is a misfire, sounds like its stuttering, but the car actually feels totally fine.

If you get a stuttering sound, what makes you think it's totally fine? What are your mods by the way? You ever have plugs put in?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Actually, I would say it's definitly not a misfire. But, sometimes, pretty much always in first gear, it sounds like there is a misfire, sounds like its stuttering, but the car actually feels totally fine.

Have you checked the gap on your plugs, running high quality gas, etc?

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

My EB did similar things. Mine threw a CEL though. When I scanned the code it was definitely a misfire. Problem solved once I gapped the plugs.

OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Stock tune, no mods. Car only has 5000 miles. What makes me thinks it's running fine is the way it feels, and it only makes that sound in first gear, whether I'm getting on the gas hard or not. And not all the time does it sound like it stuttering. Check engine light has never come on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I Always run high quality 93 octane gas

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I did buy some plugs from Tune+ that I have yet to install. You saying if I simply changed those out the problem may be solved?

My question would be: why then is this an intermittent problem? U am gonna take it into the dealer when I have a chance. Just wondering if it something I can do or not. Mostly if anyone else had experience with this problem.

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The gap on the stock plugs vary widely, to say the least. Even if you were keeping them, it'd be a good idea to set the proper gap on them.

Throw the plugs in from Adam and see if it goes away. I'd almost bet it would based on what you've described.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I think I've experienced this. It seems to happen to me in two situations: 1) I've been driving through a school zone (20 MPH), and keep it in second through the school zone. When I stop at the stop sign at the end of the school zone, the car kind of stutters getting going again. Not sure why.

2) crossing a street with a really high crown (in 1st gear), or even getting going on a really bumpy street. I'm about half convinced that the bumps in this instance are bad enough that it is moving my foot on and off the accelerator some, and that our gas pedal must be sensitive enough to notice this.

Those are the only times I've noted it.

Might want to make sure, too, that you're not mistaking direct injection noises for something much worse. Been known to happen in our half-diesel engines :thumbsup:

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
2) crossing a street with a really high crown (in 1st gear), or even getting going on a really bumpy street. I'm about half convinced that the bumps in this instance are bad enough that it is moving my foot on and off the accelerator some, and that our gas pedal must be sensitive enough to notice this.
I've actually noticed this happens to me sometimes. When going over bumps, my foot position will change ever so slightly causing the gas pedal to move, jerking the car a little bit. Never noticed it in any other car I've driven, granted my previous cars had less than 140 HP lol. Not sure if that's what is happening to the OP, but thought it was interesting you mentioned it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I'm gonna change the plugs and post an update withing a few days

OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
OK, changed out the pugs a few days ago, problem still exists. But...I have been paying more attention, driving with the radio off, windows down, trying to hear it as best I could. Strange thing, only seems to do this while turning??!!?!. Lets say I'm at a red light, I stop, then turn as the light turns green, that's where I can consistently hear the problem. Go straight, all sounds good. Though I was going crazy till I took my wife for a spin, she notices it too, only when turning.

I don't know, maybe I am going crazy....
Sponsored