Sponsored

Ecoboost premium dash gauges

teldred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
I am wondering why in the world Ford mounted the Boost and Oil pressure gauges out in the right field bleaches? Sure would ne nice if some one made something to tilt them towards the Driver . Just my opinion I guess :doh:
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Bitchen or complaining ? This is not either forum for those issues ! If you don'twantem send them to me . I will beglad tohave em . Thanks .

OP
OP
teldred

teldred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
It was neither, just a statement to see if anyone has done anything to angle them . So go easy there big guy

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
This came up recently. Unfortunately the gauges are a "solid state" unit and cannot be adjusted.

[ame]

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
The gauges are actually part of the performance pack, not premium. My car has them, and it's the base model with perform pack.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don’t have any issues with the visual aspect of where and how the gauges are mounted. I mean, I guess if your seat is adjusted a certain way, sure, it could be diffficult to see the gauges.

This is coming from a 2016, into my 2018 with the same PP gauge setup.

Some folks have mounted aftermarket gauges into that area... and I do recall that AutoMeter used to sell the 2 1/16” gauge trim rings that were slanted so that once the gauge was mounted into the ring, it could be angled or directed towards the driver. I’m sure something like that could be utilized IF installing aftermarket gauges into that location.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Might be a Right hand drive capable issue as well.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I don’t have any issues with the visual aspect of where and how the gauges are mounted. I mean, I guess if your seat is adjusted a certain way, sure, it could be diffficult to see the gauges.

This is coming from a 2016, into my 2018 with the same PP gauge setup.

Some folks have mounted aftermarket gauges into that area... and I do recall that AutoMeter used to sell the 2 1/16” gauge trim rings that were slanted so that once the gauge was mounted into the ring, it could be angled or directed towards the driver. I’m sure something like that could be utilized IF installing aftermarket gauges into that location.
There's a lot of Parallax just from the mounting position (especially on the boost gauge), and it is partially obscured...:doh:

Last edited:

Dutch44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , 2008 Jeep Sahara , 2004 ford explorer
I was just looking for these for my 2017 GT , it's interesting to see people's complaint on location since I drive trucks and my vehicle I drive has 16 gauges and it's been never an issue all these years for trucks , and since I fly small airplanes it's the same point no complaint on location how ever newer planned have really cool touch screen that kinda bring in gauges into either forground or to the back ground and other various locations on the screen and it's a challenge to fly with out normal gauges until you get used to it . So the simple gauges in the Mustangs in my opinion are absolutely perfect !

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
They put them in the middle so we would tune it, buy an Accessport or N-Gauge and never have to look a them again.
Sponsored