5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
New SS camaro 1/4 mile times 12.3 @ 116

Just read the new SS 1/4 mile 12.3 @ 116 fastest camaro SS ever.... autoweek daily drive... the manual was 12.5. Well that's great and all but I still can't stand the new roof line and interior. The base 1SS starts @ $37,295 . . :gossip:
Sponsored

Last edited:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
That's good ... means Ford engineers will be busy.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Oh boy. I must have offended you, that doesn't own a new 6G Mustang. Sorry about that. We are on a MUSTANG 6G site, go figure for my aligenicne to the car I bought and love to death. It delivers in every way possible. INCLUDING FIT AND FINISH. My car is perfect and was built in Nov 2014.

Those outlandish sales numbers also show that Ford dropped the ball, huh? Look how many BMW, Porsche owners have bought one of these cars? They are selling like hot cakes all over the GLOBE. Yet, you are telling me that Ford dropped the ball? Sorry, I cannot comprehend your statements. I am sure Ford is going to listen to your perceived threat, LOL.

How is the new SS the benchmark when these are just GM numbers that cannot be validated in any, shape, form or fashion? Any manufacturer can post what they want, we need 2nd and 3rd party verification. I have also replied "kudos to GM". Move along now.
Great Mustang fanboy post. The 16 SS and 16GT will be compared and it will be a bad day for the GT. What's worse is the SS with Magnaride will probably hang close to the GT350 for a lot less.

Don't get me wrong I like my 15 GT, but the bar has been raised.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
That v6 0-60 time is pretty impressive. Wonder what you have to do to achieve that in real life and with a manual. According to the article the 2.0L is also quicker than the ecoboost 0-60 even though it has so much less power.

I find the following hard to achieve for a normal driver.....

v8: 4.0
v6: 5.1
2.0L: 5.4

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I'm totally getting one.... I'm glad that dealer that is supposedly getting a GT350R ain't gonna deliver, because this just puts icing on the cake that Ford has a lotta catching up to do...
will you just leave this forum already? I've only seen negative chevy fanboy shit posted from you.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
That v6 0-60 time is pretty impressive. Wonder what you have to do to achieve that in real life and with a manual. According to the article the 2.0L is also quicker than the ecoboost 0-60 even though it has so much less power.

I find the following hard to achieve for a normal driver.....

v8: 4.0
v6: 5.1
2.0L: 5.4
That's always been the case for any car. The numbers a manufacture releases is normally with a good driver and conditions.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Wow! Those are impressive numbers; good job at picking up the thrown gauntlet, GM.

I do like my Mustang quite a bit, though, and while I've been a Camaro aficionado since I was a kid the styling of the newer models just doesn't speak to me. Plus, given that the bare-bones 1SS starts at over $6k more than I paid for my '15 GT PP, that $6k will buy me a lot of modifications.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
That's always been the case for any car. The numbers a manufacture releases is normally with a good driver and conditions.
Those numbers are still VERY impressive to say the least, kinda shocking actually....

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Great Mustang fanboy post. The 16 SS and 16GT will be compared and it will be a bad day for the GT. What's worse is the SS with Magnaride will probably hang close to the GT350 for a lot less.

Don't get me wrong I like my 15 GT, but the bar has been raised.
Jesus christ. Where I have not said those #'s are good? I have said it 5 times now in different posts. Congratulations to GM. I would still not buy a Camaro, Corvette, yes, Camaro, no. Time to chat my custom title to Mustang Fanboy. I must be a fucking idiot for liking my Mustang so much and touting it so much. It would be different if I were Camaro5/6G spewing this shit but I am not. I am on a dedicated site for the 6G Mustang.

I don't give a shit about the magazine comparisons. They have zero impacts on my car decision making process. I don't see/read magazine reviews to help me choose the car I WANT. I know what I want without having to read those. Yeah, Camaro will win the next round. Good for them. I lose no sleep, no life changes happen, etc. I will continue to mod my car to my needs. Just like I have since 1991.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Competition is good ... it makes the Mustang constantly improve.

Now, I need to (swallowing pride) give GM credit here. They've done well. Quarter mile times don't impress me much since its sooo subjective to any given model. I.E. - rear end gearing, weight, drag, track prep, wheel/tire combo etc.

I however, tend to gauge these cars on road course lap times ... same track/day/tires - not an easy task to find in the automotive journalistic world.

Sadly, the Camaro always comes out on top and it pains me to admit it.

Ford has some work to do. I don't foresee the GT EVER getting the 5.2 .. its far too expensive to produce in mass while maintaining the current price point. They need to make the car smaller, reduce weight, set the engine back further to distribute weight better.

Since Ford has chosen to stick with the modular 5.0 while GM is riding the 6.2, we are at a torque disadvantage. I highly doubt Ford will get into a displacement battle when CAFE standards continue on the rise. Cubic inches usually rule and in this instance, 455lb/ft of torque, lighter weight and similar gearing will be king on the street. Its hard to argue.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Oh great, another camaro thread. Plenty to read in the vs. thread.
Yep. I am done posting in these things. I piss everyone off because I love my Mustang and think Ford did an amazing job with the ENTIRE car and posting this on a 6G Mustang site. Yeah, I am the fan boy.

Some of the current Mustang owners are all butthurt with these specs being released. 2-3 weeks ago, they were LOL @ GM for the pricing of the car being too high. Now they love the Camaro.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I don't think Ford knew Chevy would be able to pull off this kind of weight savings, or else they would have spend more money to keep S550's weight down. My guess is Dodge is going to come out with a lighter Challenger or a Cuda in 2017, making the Mustang the fattest and the slowest out of all 3. :lol:
Still love my stang tho!
Nothing hard is in the works for the Challenger yet :(

People have to keep in mind there is alot of weight opportunity in the S550 in bolt on assembly modules alone. The Alpha is a heavily aluminized steel bodied car. With heavy use of aluminium throughout the suspension components.

The GT350 has swapped some of these components out already.
Sponsored

Last edited: