Sponsored

2015 Mustang vs simarly equipped and purposed Camaros.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Sorry, but I am not going to join you in that endless argument.
Okay..so what I am seeing..is you want a comparison between a GTPP (suspension, wheels, tires, gearing, 6 pot brembos and such) vs a SS with just the Suspension Package but the SS has to run on SS standard tires, rims, gearing and brakes?

That's intentionally handicapping the SS to give the GTPP a clear win, which is CHEAP. If you are unwilling to get into the argument don't start a thread devoted to GTPP chest thumping by comparing it to hamstrung SS's
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Just get your order in before the 21st, I don't think you can order one over the winter.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Okay..so what I am seeing..is you want a comparison between a GTPP (suspension, wheels, tires, gearing, 6 pot brembos and such) vs a SS with just the Suspension Package but the SS has to run on SS standard tires, rims, gearing and brakes?

That's intentionally handicapping the SS to give the GTPP a clear win, which is CHEAP. If you are unwilling to get into the argument don't start a thread devoted to GTPP chest thumping by comparing it to hamstrung SS's
+1

There aren't any manufacturing restrictions when it comes to the 1LE. It is the closest thing that the Camaro has when it comes to a GT PP. The only "issue" here is that Ford erred on the more conservative side with their tuning and equipment selection for the PP. It doesn't void the comparison and turn it into an apples-to-oranges comparison, it's just something that needs to be recognized.

How is there still so much conversation surrounding this comparison? It's not like the GT had a colossal beat down. Everyone with half a brain that tuned in for the video and some of the discussion in that thread can understand that the 1LE was running on larger, stickier tires and had a more aggressive suspension setup. It ultimately edged out the GT. End of story.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
GTPP to 1LE is a fair comparison, and the 1LE won, changing the parameters of the test to fit the conclusion you want is dishonest and frankly cheap as hell.
This.

I understand there is a 2 or 2.5k difference in price, and I have no problems with people taking that into consideration, but looking at the total price the GT PP is something like 95 or 96% the cost of a 1LE.

You'll never get cars that cost the same, being within 2k in the mid 30k price range is acceptable my most anybody's standards.

A 2014 Viper and Z06 are about 6k apart, anyone here have any qualms with them being compared? Of course not. Stop acting like children and just accept that the Mustang lost on the track instead of trying to imagine up excuses.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Would you feel better if I said 'low volume demand'?
It's about as uncommon as a Boss 302 which was included in its own fair share of comparisons and I never heard any Ford fans complain.

Did anyone complain when the M3 was compared to the Mustang GT PP? No, because that ended in a virtual tie. I'd be willing to bet sale numbers on the M3, while are likely ahead, are pretty close to the 1LE's numbers.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I said it once and Ill say it again... Ford doesn't care and the Audience for the 1LE isn't their target for the GTPP... Anything related or similar to the 1LE they're probably pour all into a specialty model such as a GT350.

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport

So lets add the 6 piston Brembo package as well to the 1SS with Suspension Package. That puts the 1SS up to $40,880 vs $38,000 for the 1LE with Brembos and the Goodyears, and $35,420 for the GT PP. Don't you smell a ringer yet? I sure do.

I will keep saying the same thing. Let's see a H2H between high demand street purposed performance cars that don't run and hide when it gets cold and wet.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I just don't see why some need to beat there chest that the s550 is better then the Camaro. Well guess what, it should. It's a brand new 6th gen design. They had years to make it better then the Camaro. So in reality, it's not a fair comparison. The new should beat the old. Now let's see how it will stack up to the 6th gen Camaro.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Waiting for the 6th gen before I add another car to my stable. 13 Is staying, cant decide on the new mustang just yet...

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Maybe this has been covered, but why exactly is the 1LE not in direct comparison to the GT PP?

Rarity? Price? The mustang will lose?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Maybe this has been covered, but why exactly is the 1LE not in direct comparison to the GT PP?

Rarity? Price? The mustang will lose?
Not going to bother with that merry-go-round again. Please go review earlier waste of time and effort to explain this.

If all you want to do is rave about the 1LE or 2016 vs the GT PP, then go waste someone else's time.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
These two would be similarly equipped and priced as well as being purposed for performance street use and occasional track.
"similarly equipped" meaning what? The new vipers and upcoming Z06 have different tires, brakes, and suspensions, fair comparison? One is supercharged and the other has more cylinders/displacement, fair comparison?

I honestly don't see what the issue here is. It sounds like what you're suggesting is you want two of the same car to race.

Price seems the best comparison to me. - "What can I get for around this amount, who can put together the best car?".

What you're suggesting will fracture sports cars into groups which will rarely be comparable.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Not going to bother with that merry-go-round again. Please go review earlier waste of time and effort to explain this.

If all you want to do is rave about the 1LE or 2016 vs the GT PP, then go waste someone else's time.
Then why start this thread?:shrug:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I just ticked over 100 miles on my new GT PP after trading in my '14 GT500, took it for a nice cruise down along the beach through Ft. Walton Beach and Destin. Good mix of city and highway driving. Aside from torque and power, which the Shelby had in spades, this car beats the GT500 like a rented mule. Nicer interior, better handling, better ride quality, better FEEL when driving.

JMO, but everyone arguing about magazine stats without ever having driven the new car need to stop arguing and and schedule a test drive ASAP.

Waiting for the 6th gen before I add another car to my stable. 13 Is staying, cant decide on the new mustang just yet...
Then you're missing out. The new car drives and handles like a dream. It's a night and day difference between the new car and the previous model.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
"similarly equipped" meaning what? The new vipers and upcoming Z06 have different tires, brakes, and suspensions, fair comparison? One is supercharged and the other has more cylinders/displacement, fair comparison?

I honestly don't see what the issue here is. It sounds like what you're suggesting is you want two of the same car to race.

Price seems the best comparison to me. - "What can I get for around this amount, who can put together the best car?".

What you're suggesting will fracture sports cars into groups which will rarely be comparable.

I think it's easy to say he wants what the majority of the public will drive vs what the majority of the public will drive... and then to compare the cars in that fashion. Why?

Chevy- Focused on a Stiff track car
Ford- Focused on a subtle but more capable street car.
Sponsored