Sponsored

2015 Mustang vs simarly equipped and purposed Camaros.

Momentum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss302R, Z28, R8, Porsche GT3 Cup
Old Goodyears were being run up front. Had Michellin PSS's in garage ready to install. Should have done it before Saturday.
Sponsored

BobDigi5060

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
^^Looks like fun, what organization are y'all affiliated with? I'm about to relocate to Colorado next month, NASA's Camaro Mustang Challenge is something I want to go out and see.

BobDigi5060

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I haven't seen a H2H with base model Camaro and Mustang over the last four or five years (since the 5.0L came back). To be honest, pitting base models against each other is not nearly as intriguing as 1LE v. Track Pack/Boss 302, ZL1 v. GT500, Z/28 v. Boss 302, etc.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The only Camaros I've seen at the track were 1LE's at the Ron Fellows Driving School. Those things are FAST!

IMO the 1LE and GTPP are currently direct competitors (at least for my purposes). In that scenario, neither car is perfect for me. The 1LE has the driving characteristics I desire, while the Mustang has the styling, interior, and sightlines. I'm not currently willing to compromise in either area, so neither car suits me at this time. A Mustang with some mods might be a great choice, however.

I do think if one were to compare the Premium GT PP to a 2SS with the suspension package, the results would be much closer (or maybe similarly skewed but this time in the Mustang's favor). In that configuration I think the Camaro gives up quite a bit to the Mustang, but doesn't gain much in return. IMO the Camaro is pretty worthless except for the 1LE and Z28 versions (which are excellent).

In the end, we all have varying desires, so we must pick the car that best matches our needs. Often there are several cars that work, which makes things interesting. Sometimes those cars are similar to eachother, and sometimes they can be vastly different, depending on where we place our priorities. I think Ford has done a good job with the Mustang in making a fast, fun, stylish, and exciting car. It will certainly meet the needs of very many people.

-T

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This.

I understand there is a 2 or 2.5k difference in price, and I have no problems with people taking that into consideration, but looking at the total price the GT PP is something like 95 or 96% the cost of a 1LE.

You'll never get cars that cost the same, being within 2k in the mid 30k price range is acceptable my most anybody's standards.

A 2014 Viper and Z06 are about 6k apart, anyone here have any qualms with them being compared? Of course not. Stop acting like children and just accept that the Mustang lost on the track instead of trying to imagine up excuses.

But, understand that anyone, (even my dog... Shaggy?) can thwart your argument. Tires..?

See, I own a bad ass mo-fo BMW.. I missed out on a 1M due to some dealers only getting ONE. So I got the next best thing.. I can even use half of the engine because of TIRES...

Anyone & everyone knows this... and for the cost difference in packages between the Chevy & Ford, in two years when you grab new rubber, anyone who "tracks" their car, will square themselves up, or dabble a few $ towards properness anyways.

But who is going to put 285's all-the-way-around on a stock car..? Don't you just haul them behind you to the track..?

WTF is wrong with you meatheads...

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
The only Camaros I've seen at the track were 1LE's at the Ron Fellows Driving School. Those things are FAST!

IMO the 1LE and GTPP are currently direct competitors (at least for my purposes). In that scenario, neither car is perfect for me. The 1LE has the driving characteristics I desire, while the Mustang has the styling, interior, and sightlines. I'm not currently willing to compromise in either area, so neither car suits me at this time. A Mustang with some mods might be a great choice, however.

I do think if one were to compare the Premium GT PP to a 2SS with the suspension package, the results would be much closer (or maybe similarly skewed but this time in the Mustang's favor). In that configuration I think the Camaro gives up quite a bit to the Mustang, but doesn't gain much in return. IMO the Camaro is pretty worthless except for the 1LE and Z28 versions (which are excellent).

In the end, we all have varying desires, so we must pick the car that best matches our needs. Often there are several cars that work, which makes things interesting. Sometimes those cars are similar to eachother, and sometimes they can be vastly different, depending on where we place our priorities. I think Ford has done a good job with the Mustang in making a fast, fun, stylish, and exciting car. It will certainly meet the needs of very many people.

-T
I've said this before and will say it again - this guy one of the few folks in this Camaro conversation (the other thread included) who is a voice of reason rather than a Ford or Chevy fanboi. And, his comments in general are top notch.
Sponsored