Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Ford Racing Resonator Delete X-Pipe IN STOCK & SHIPPING!

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Mine will be going on tomorrow, to do a comparison I bought an external mic for my DSLR to take some decent sound clips. Did a comparison of it vs the built in mic on my nikon:
[ame]

Once the x pipe is in I'll take a video in similar fashion, I did a rev to 2k, 4k, and 6k in the video.

Edit:Video is kind of quiet, might have to turn up your volume
Sponsored

Last edited:

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
I can tell you first hand it does NOT look like all of the pictures. No welds on the pipe, just at the x pipe section. The instructions are also not very clear at all, as the pictures for the measurement for the cut line from the resonator exit are so dark you can't see anything useful. I'll have to just hold it up and take a guess where to cut. From what I could tell, they have you removing the entire exhaust to make the cut. Kind of screwy to me....

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Ordered mine last night. CJPP has a heck of a promotion going on right now! Next step will be the Roush Axlebacks.
I ordered mine Tuesday from CJPP and it has shipped! What promotion are you referring to??

BTW.. I see that other sites show this item on constraint and shipping to commence in March. Was there a problem with this version and the updated version is what will be released in march??

Last edited:

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'm guessing the rear of the new x-pipe slides over the factory pipes?

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Installation Instructions - M-5251-M8

I contacted FRPP and they were able to get a copy of the installation instructions. Since none of the resellers seem to have them for download, I've attached them to this response. The install doesn't read as simple as I thought it was going to be. They still want us to remove the entire stock system. I thought I'd be able to do this with the stock system in place.

Attachments

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
I contacted FRPP and they were able to get a copy of the installation instructions. Since none of the resellers seem to have them for download, I've attached them to this response. The install doesn't read as simple as I thought it was going to be. They still want us to remove the entire stock system. I thought I'd be able to do this with the stock system in place.
I don't see anything that looks like you can't install it with the exhaust still mostly on the car. Cutting the pipes is the only thing that dropping it makes any easier from the looks of it.

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
[ame]

Got it installed today, here's a comparison between stock and the x pipe. The gain between recordings was normalized in postprocessing, so volume differences are from exhaust sound.

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Got it installed today, here's a comparison between stock and the x pipe. The gain between recordings was normalized in postprocessing, so volume differences are from exhaust sound.
FYI both your captions say FRPP X Pipe, I'm going to assume stock was first. :)

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
FYI both your captions say FRPP X Pipe, I'm going to assume stock was first. :)
Whoops, that's Correct...first attempt at using premiere elements. Put an annotation over it through youtube.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I guess it's to late, but for the FRPP Resonator delete, can you put the mic closer so I can here the idle sound? Is it more throaty than the stock at idle and in the city? Thanks

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
definitely opens it up a little more. now grab a roush axle back! I really wanted to do the FRPP xpipe + Roush axle back...but man it's gotta be LOUD in person! I was worried about drone too so went with the safe route: FRPP by Borla

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I guess it's to late, but for the FRPP Resonator delete, can you put the mic closer so I can here the idle sound? Is it more throaty than the stock at idle and in the city? Thanks
I'll try to do a cold start to idle video this weekend. First impressions are a bit more volume at idle, and more growl/snarl in the sound. Driving down the highway at cruise you can't really tell any difference from stock.
I'm looking at getting a suction mount and extension cable for the mic to place it near the exhaust while still getting a driving shot with the camera.
Sponsored