Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Ford Racing Resonator Delete X-Pipe IN STOCK & SHIPPING!

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
I'll try to do a cold start to idle video this weekend. First impressions are a bit more volume at idle, and more growl/snarl in the sound. Driving down the highway at cruise you can't really tell any difference from stock.
I'm looking at getting a suction mount and extension cable for the mic to place it near the exhaust while still getting a driving shot with the camera.
Did you drop the entire exhaust to make the cuts? Looking at it closer, I suppose the reason to drop the entire unit is due to the fuel tanks being right in the general location. I'm starting to second guess just installing the X-pipe before the Roush axlebacks get here next week.
Sponsored

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did you drop the entire exhaust to make the cuts? Looking at it closer, I suppose the reason to drop the entire unit is due to the fuel tanks being right in the general location. I'm starting to second guess just installing the X-pipe before the Roush axlebacks get here next week.
Yeah, I did. It's really not a huge deal or a ton of extra time to do. Not a bad thing if you're just doing a jackstand job, since you can put the exhaust in a better position to cut than hanging over your face.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Definitely has more volume. Probably the best solution to get a little more sound over stock for $240.

You rock and thanks for posting.

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Just finished installing mine. Got to say that was NOT as easy as I had hoped it would be. The rear does NOT slide over the factory exhaust, you have to clamp the stock piping and x pipe together. Getting the piping into position and the remainder of the exhaust lined up took about as long as cutting the factory resonator out. I figured out a way to make enough clearance to make the cut without having to drop the entire exhaust. I took some pictures and will try to put together a guide.

As far as sound, THIS is definitly the way the Mustang should of come from the factory. I couldn't really get a good impression of the exterior sound with the window down and door open. From the interior, you can hear a more muscular sound in the exhaust. I tried everything to induce drone, including lugging the engine in 6th at 1500 RPM. I couldn't get anything noticable. Above 60 all I heard was road and wind noise in 6th. Drop down a gear and you uncork the beast under the hood. My only comparison I could make is it sounds somewhat similar to a asphault limited late model with the Ford crate motor. Of course no where near as loud, but that same tone.

I've got the Roush axlebacks coming on Monday, so after those get installed I'll post my impressions and hopefully a sound clip.

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Thank you abills3rr. That doesn't sound to raspy. Probably my laptop speakers, but it doesn't seem to have the low end sound from the stock exhaust.

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thank you abills3rr. That doesn't sound to raspy. Probably my laptop speakers, but it doesn't seem to have the low end sound from the stock exhaust.
To my ears it didn't really seem to lose any of the low end, but I also put the clip together on a desktop with full range speakers. If you have some headphones I'd give it a listen with those.

As a final video for the exhaust, I have a suction mount and extension cable for the mic so I will place the mic right on the rear bumper. I also made a mount for my DSLR in car:

The bonus will be if I can get my data recorder for the torque app on my phone to work. If so I will be able to overlay data such as RPM and throttle position to go with the video to give everyone a full review of the sound.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
To my ears it didn't really seem to lose any of the low end, but I also put the clip together on a desktop with full range speakers. If you have some headphones I'd give it a listen with those.

As a final video for the exhaust, I have a suction mount and extension cable for the mic so I will place the mic right on the rear bumper.
I just listened to the clip with headphones... much better !!! My resonator delete kit should be delivered tomorrow.

acgott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I got mine installed earlier today by a muffler shop, only cost me $85, and it sounds soooooooooooo much better.

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So my suction mount for the mic came today:

I did a quick test and stuck it above the left exhaust tip and ran the extension cable through the trunk to my camera. I'd call this more of a test/teaser of what I plan to do:
[ame]

The end product will be during the day, with a better wind filter on the mic, hopefully with some telemetry. I'm gunna try to mess with the low pass filter on the mic to hopefully take out some of the noise from the road bumps.

Sponsored

Art_Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue Mustang GT
I decided to get this one since it was designed by Ford Racing so it must be "authorized" and it will eliminate the resonator to allow it to flow better. Hopefully get it installed this weekend. Thanks CJs for shipping it out.

Now what to modify next after having it for less than a month.....

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I just received my FRPP X-Pipe from CJ Pony Parts. I'm glad I got a fresh set of instructions from Ford since the included ones are a mess.

Question, for those of you who ordered yours from CJ's, was there a 'packing list' envelope on the box and was there actually a packing list inside?

I had the envelope but it was empty. So I'm wondering how much of my personal information has been taken.

Thanks

Update: I just chatted with a rep from CJ Pony Parts. He didn't seem to care. He couldn't tell me if a packing list was included, and said if somebody got the packing slip, the would only have my name and address. He said I should contact UPS about my concern. What happened to real customer care?

Last edited:

abills3RR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I just received my FRPP X-Pipe from CJ Pony Parts. I'm glad I got a fresh set of instructions from Ford since the included ones are a mess.

Question, for those of you who ordered yours from CJ's, was there a 'packing list' envelope on the box and was there actually a packing list inside?

I had the envelope but it was empty. So I'm wondering how much of my personal information has been taken.

Thanks

Update: I just chatted with a rep from CJ Pony Parts. He didn't seem to care. He couldn't tell me if a packing list was included, and said if somebody got the packing slip, the would only have my name and address. He said I should contact UPS about my concern. What happened to real customer care?
My packing list was on the box, no packing list inside. I think they get the X pipes in the Ford racing box, already stapled and sealed, then just ship that to us.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Good video, I will be buying a x pipe so soon as I get my GT in.
Sponsored