Sponsored

GT PP engine knock/ping/tick?

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Hey guys, my car just started doing this recently. I noticed it while driving and most recently when I parked. It's a tick, or clicking noise which matches revs as you accelerate or decelerate. It definitely does not sound normal to me, but I could just be paranoid... I checked oil and haven't burned or consumed more than 1/4 or a quart or so the last 2500 miles, oil level is well within top 3/4 hash marks. All fluids are good, no check engine, no warnings.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/125968275[/ame]

Just a bit concerned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Could be an exhaust leak. I know mine has had that before and it has begun to rear its ugly head once again.

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Could be an exhaust leak. I know mine has had that before and it has begun to rear its ugly head once again.

You might be right, I did do the H-Pipe from lethal and had to cut close to the cats, since they had that extended pipe. I figure I take apart the exhausts system tomorrow and tighten everything back up, if it's still there I'm going into dealer. I highly doubt it's a lifter or lower knock, the engine barely has 4k miles on it and a fresh oils change at 1k...

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
That's is definitely an exhaust leak.

Sponsored

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Insert nodding smiley here. Exactly what it sounds like.

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Update - took everything apart from the cats to the back, re tightened but sound remains. There is also a slight rattle, around the oil pan towards the front of the car. The tick/knock can only be heard from the bottom of the car, nothing noticeable from the top or with hood open.
I also removed the exhaust from the cats to the back, basically removing any exhaust modification and although LOUD as in open cats, the sounds still remained in the background. I can confirm it is not anything from the cats to the back. The sound is only prevalent on the drivers side. In short:
- tick/knock comes only from drivers side wheel well
-the sound matches revs while accelerating and decelerating
-sound is not prevalent while hood is open and looking into engine from top
-there are random rattles, like shivers once the engine gets hot, but it's internment

I will schedule Ford service about my issue.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I believe the 2011-2014's had the tick as well. Some not all. From what I have read, it seems to start after an oil change.

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I believe the 2011-2014's had the tick as well. Some not all. From what I have read, it seems to start after an oil change.

What the heck causes it? Is yours doing it? Specific reason an oil change would cause it? Oil type? I did penzoil ultra 5w20 @ 1k miles, I have 37xx now.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Nice find Todd! I'm going in for the infamous "black bottle"

It's funny because I broke the engine in by the book. No long trips first 100 miles, no red lines, constant speed changes between 101-1k, etc. Then even dropped in an oil change to the best oil available with the best filter in store. Yet the engine wants to complain...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Nice find Todd! I'm going in for the infamous "black bottle"

It's funny because I broke the engine in by the book. No long trips first 100 miles, no red lines, constant speed changes between 101-1k, etc. Then even dropped in an oil change to the best oil available with the best filter in store. Yet the engine wants to complain...

You're welcome! Hope you can get it taken care of.

I am curious if the Boss cars had these issues. I have only noticed feedback on the non Boss cars.

If I find more info, I will be sure to post it.

I would PM Grimace427 here and get his feedback. He knows a lot and it always spot on.

OP
OP
Ruby305GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Nice man, thanks so much for the info, much appreciated. I'll PM him here shortly. I also scheduled for Monday service, prior to work. I'm hoping for a loaner as I have to be in by 9, let's see how it goes

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Nice man, thanks so much for the info, much appreciated. I'll PM him here shortly. I also scheduled for Monday service, prior to work. I'm hoping for a loaner as I have to be in by 9, let's see how it goes

You bet. Keep us posted.
Sponsored