Sponsored

2015 GT Factory Performance Pack Components?

BlueGTPP52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'll apologize up front for what I think is a dumb question, but I've not been able to find a definitive answer.

Up until now I thought I knew exactly what I bought back in 15, but since I'm now looking at suspension mods I'm starting to question what I think I know. I've got a 15 GT PP and I'm wondering if anyone has an list of the suspension upgrades over the base GT? From the 2015 brochure from Ford it states the GTPP has "a strut tower brace, upsized rear sway bar, heavy-duty front springs, unique chassis tuning, K-brace" for the suspension/chassis stiffening upgrades. OK, that all sounds great and lines up with what I remember when I bought the car.

However, where I get confused is when I look at the Ford Performance street suspension package and it says if you have a GTPP you only need to buy the springs and bump stops. So I'm assuming that they just lumped all the other upgrades (front sway bar, dampers, etc.) into the "unique chassis tuning" label?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
basically yes. the PP1 == "Ford Performance Street package"

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
basically yes. the PP1 == "Ford Performance Street package"
PP1 doesn't have the M-5300X lowering springs. Add these to your PP1 and you have the Street Handling package.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I just went down some of this road with my 2016 PP car.
Compared to a base GT some of the individual suspension components that I know of are..
1. Rear toe links (PP is spherical bearing - GT is rubber bushing)
2. Front lateral link (PP is forged arm with spherical bearing - GT is welded tube with bushing)
3. Front tension link (PP is a forged arm with provisions for a cooling deflector - GT doesnt have provision for cooling deflector, otherwise I don't know. I suspect it's a welded assembly with a bushing like the GT lateral link)

My PP car has a spherical bearing in the rear of the rear lower control arm that I suspect is a bushing on a base GT, but I don't have proof of that.

Sorry the info is spotty, but I'm somewhat new to the S550 world. Other experts may chime in and add what I'm missing as far as specific differences on each suspension component.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
However, where I get confused is when I look at the Ford Performance street suspension package and it says if you have a GTPP you only need to buy the springs and bump stops. So I'm assuming that they just lumped all the other upgrades (front sway bar, dampers, etc.) into the "unique chassis tuning" label?
Basically yes.

The street pack is the GTPP components and the track pack is the base GT350 components.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The street pack is the GTPP components and the track pack is the base GT350 components.
which makes Ford's pricing of the PP1 package (4 grand, now 5.1) just nuts. The GT350 suspension has since moved on to Magneride since at least 16 I think.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
which makes Ford's pricing of the PP1 package (4 grand, now 5.1) just nuts. The GT350 suspension has since moved on to Magneride since at least 16 I think.
To be fair, there's a lot more in the OEM PP than just struts and swaybars. But yeah, the price is starting to get expensive. It was a bargain in 2016 when it was only $2995.

As far as the GT350 suspension, it's whatever is/was on the base non-magride models. I know in 2017 is when even the base models got all the coolers, but not sure if that also meant the magride.
Sponsored