Sponsored

Is the 2015-2017 GT Performance Pack (PP1) the same parts for 2018-2023 GT Performance Pack (PP1)?

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
Related question: If 'throwing the Steeda catalog" is the answer, does it even pay to get a PP1 to start with? FYI: per my recent convo with them, the Steeda staff are not fans of Magnaride (ruling out a PP2) if you are going to upgrade the suspension to track-ready. Some people, according to them, remove it/disable it (!!!) for such a purpose. It actually makes upgrades more expensive if it is on the car.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
is the answer, does it even pay to get a PP1 to start with?
No it doesn't. If you're going to be replacing most of the parts anyway, it doesn't make sense to pay extra for them through Ford and then end up dumping them anyway. Maybe if the package was $2000 like back in 2016, but not for $6700 that it is today.

It probably makes more sense to get a base GT, throw the Steeda suspension catalog at it and then buy the OEM brakes and diff from a PP to round it up.

The PP is for those who want to keep the car stock and still be able to track it somewhat. It's not meant as a carte-blanche car to modify extensively.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
No it doesn't. If you're going to be replacing most of the parts anyway, it doesn't make sense to pay extra for them through Ford and then end up dumping them anyway. Maybe if the package was $2000 like back in 2016, but not for $6700 that it is today.

It probably makes more sense to get a base GT, throw the Steeda suspension catalog at it and then buy the OEM brakes and diff from a PP to round it up.

The PP is for those who want to keep the car stock and still be able to track it somewhat. It's not meant as a carte-blanche car to modify extensively.
100% agree! The magneride is only good for people who want to stay stock. For that $6700 that you'd spend on the PP you can get the whole works from Steeda and still have about 2 grand leftover.

Not saying that Magneride isn't good, but it can't compare with the aftermarket support Steeda has.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Not saying that Magneride isn't good, but it can't compare with the aftermarket support Steeda has.
Overall as an entire chassis package...no. But throw some BMR springs and an updated DSC controller on the magride setup and it will blow out of the water anything that Steeda has to offer as far as damper/spring combo both on track and street.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Overall as an entire chassis package...no. But throw some BMR springs and an updated DSC controller on the magride setup and it will blow out of the water anything that Steeda has to offer as far as damper/spring combo both on track and street.
No... but you're also missing the point. The magneride package is $6700 for that money you can get a setup that will compete with any upgrades to magneride.

Look at the fastest track mustang competitors... none are using magneride. I would agree that if you wanted to be able to switch between a comfortable ride then stiffen up for the track Magneride is really the only option. But a full chassis/bsuhing/suspension setup from Steeda or any other reputable static suspension company (same price or less than magneride and upgrades) on a track is going to run circles around magneride. I've seen it on the track back when the 2017 GT was new.

Edit: Also tire choice is a huge factor. Obviously a magneride set up with better tires will bury any other set up with crappy tires.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
No... but you're also missing the point. The magneride package is $6700 for that money you can get a setup that will compete with any upgrades to magneride.
Right, the price factor is definitely there for the aftermarket stuff. I merely commented on the magride + springs vs. Steeda dampers + springs.

Look at the fastest track mustang competitors... none are using magneride.
And very few, if any, are using Steeda stuff (not counting the plethora of Steeda track cars since obviously they will run their own parts).

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
And very few, if any, are using Steeda stuff (not counting the plethora of Steeda track cars since obviously they will run their own parts).
I just said none are using Magneride. I'm just trying to help @plresultsman understand what's best for his car. In his application I think Magneride would be a waste of money and should go with a reputable aftermarket static suspension company. I've just highlighted Steeda as I have experience with it.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Related question: If 'throwing the Steeda catalog" is the answer, does it even pay to get a PP1 to start with? FYI: per my recent convo with them, the Steeda staff are not fans of Magnaride (ruling out a PP2) if you are going to upgrade the suspension to track-ready. Some people, according to them, remove it/disable it (!!!) for such a purpose. It actually makes upgrades more expensive if it is on the car.

If you are looking at a used Mustang, I think getting PP1 is absolutely worth it. On the used market a PP1/2 car doesn't command that much more than a base GT from what I can tell. Thats what I did and it was worth the money for me. All I had to do was replace some suspension components and I was done. If the question is buying new and paying $6700 for the package, then you just gotta crunch the numbers.

PP1/2 also includes the Brembo front brakes, cowl and strut tower bracing, larger radiator and a torsen diff with 3.73 gears, gotta add up the purchase and install of that stuff too. You will certainly want the bracing and the diff at a bare minimum.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have plenty of drag cars, track cars & and any other cars running our parts for the best in performance & handling upgrades.

We are doing okay in that department :)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The reason I ask I that I was looking at a 2019 window sticker for a PP1 and it seemed like it has less detail than the earlier PP1. Thanks if you know answer.
Steve, let me know if I can put you in touch with our build team, specifically Rodney if we can help take a specifc Mustang to the next level -along with potential costs, etc.

TJ

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
We have plenty of drag cars, track cars & and any other cars running our parts for the best in performance & handling upgrades.

We are doing okay in that department :)
Steeda is a well respected company that has been around for ever but please drop the ā€œbestā€ qualifier
Itā€™s marketing speak that mean nothing and is known as ā€œpuffingā€ in legal circles
Are you better than Multimatic for example?
If Iā€™m not mistaken, the Ford Performance track suspension kit was developed by Multimatic and is a great kit
And how do you define best and what is the basis for this qualifier?
In my small town, there are at least 10 burgers joints that claim to have the ā€œbestā€ burger in town šŸ˜

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sincerely apologize for unintentionally upsetting you with my use of marketing jargon and the word "Best" to describe our parts and services. Let me further elaborate on our approach & "best" practices we have come to expect here at Steeda.

At Steeda, we strive to deliver top-quality parts and customer services to our enthusiasts & customers. We understand that our customers can invest a significant amount of time researching, comparing & identifying options from various manufacturers, and we are proud to offer products that help them make their best purchase decision for their specific needs.

Our team of experts works hard to design, manufacture, and provide the best value possible for our customers at a competitive price point. We do not settle for average or subpar quality, and we stand behind our products and services with confidence - offering a limited lifetime warranty on our Steeda manufacturing parts.

Your feedback it truly appreciated - hopefully, of the ten (10) best burger joints - you can find one that "best" suits your needs :)

TJ

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I sincerely apologize for unintentionally upsetting you with my use of marketing jargon and the word "Best" to describe our parts and services. Let me further elaborate on our approach & "best" practices we have come to expect here at Steeda.

At Steeda, we strive to deliver top-quality parts and customer services to our enthusiasts & customers. We understand that our customers can invest a significant amount of time researching, comparing & identifying options from various manufacturers, and we are proud to offer products that help them make their best purchase decision for their specific needs.

Our team of experts works hard to design, manufacture, and provide the best value possible for our customers at a competitive price point. We do not settle for average or subpar quality, and we stand behind our products and services with confidence - offering a limited lifetime warranty on our Steeda manufacturing parts.

Your feedback it truly appreciated - hopefully, of the ten (10) best burger joints - you can find one that "best" suits your needs :)

TJ
6 ā€œbestā€ in your reply.. nice šŸ˜

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Steeda is a well respected company that has been around for ever but please drop the ā€œbestā€ qualifier
Itā€™s marketing speak that mean nothing and is known as ā€œpuffingā€ in legal circles
Are you better than Multimatic for example?
If Iā€™m not mistaken, the Ford Performance track suspension kit was developed by Multimatic and is a great kit
And how do you define better and what is the basis for this qualifier?
In my small town, there are at least 10 burgers joints that claim to have the ā€œbestā€ burger in town šŸ˜
Honestly I do not think I'd be interested in buying from a company that thinks it's second best. If you do not think you're best go home. Besides its the customer who ultimately has the final say.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Honestly I do not think I'd be interested in buying from a company that thinks it's second best. If you do not think you're best go home. Besides its the customer who ultimately has the final say.
I donā€™t know, Ira. I tend to search out the 3rd or 4th best. Why go for the mountain top when you can settle for base camp (said in my most sarcastic tone) šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Sponsored