Sponsored

Is the 2015-2017 GT Performance Pack (PP1) the same parts for 2018-2023 GT Performance Pack (PP1)?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Probably a moot point by now, but I think PP1 tyres changed with the facelift ?

This may also be useful for this thread, but I don't have a better resolution sorry ...

1678351730298.jpeg

WD :like:
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

They did until they didn't - initial it was PS4S but then went back to P Zeros I believe.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
FWIW - what matters to me is understanding from where are you starting - to do mods like Steeda offers. I understand what is on my 2016. It's not clear to me if the same parts are on a 2019, even though both are PP1 cars. The window sticker on the '19 has less detail than the '16. I will call Levittown and see if they or perhaps Ford Performance can clarify. Gracias mi amigos!
If you're trying to decide what Steeda parts to go with... get every one! I had nearly every suspension part they offered on my 2016 v6. I was pulling some ridiculously high G's around the track. There is no comparison between Steeda and the PP suspension, on any year. I would wager to say the Steeda stuff blows the Magneride out of the water too, for performance... not comfort.

I'm waiting to place my order for Steeda stuff because it will void my suspension warranty. But you can bet the minute it expires my order will be placed.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck

This may also be useful for this thread, but I don't have a better resolution sorry ...

1678351730298.jpeg

Super helpful. Where did you find this, please? Link?

Sponsored

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Except now that package from Ford is $6700, and probably less to replicate separately. It's no longer the bargain it once was.
Insane - right? The PP1 (GT Performance Package) on my 2016 'vert was $2,495. Maybe I should keep it.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
If you're trying to decide what Steeda parts to go with... get every one! I had nearly every suspension part they offered on my 2016 v6. I was pulling some ridiculously high G's around the track. There is no comparison between Steeda and the PP suspension, on any year. I would wager to say the Steeda stuff blows the Magneride out of the water too, for performance... not comfort.

I'm waiting to place my order for Steeda stuff because it will void my suspension warranty. But you can bet the minute it expires my order will be placed.
Your green car is stunning - I'm jealous of that color. Good to know as what I aim to do is create a trackable car out of a new-to-me-as-yet-unbought 2018 or newer coupe. I have mixed feelings about your advice, because I see comments elsewhere on this site where people have done that with Steeda, and still have wheel hop.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Super helpful. Where did you find this, please? Link?
I don't honestly know sorry, but it would have been posted on here somewhere - I have a tendency to save stuff that I think may be useful to me later :like:

It looks like it might have originally been a CJ Pony article.

Except now that package from Ford is $6700, and probably less to replicate separately. It's no longer the bargain it once was.
I didn't really post it for the cost, it was more more for the list of parts as most seem to be selective when justifying not getting it i.e. typically ignoring the diff and gears.

On a Euro, we find ourselves in the unfortunate position of getting most of the PP1 bits, minus the dials (a nice aesthetic) and the Torsen (the most hidden and expensive bit) ... :facepalm:

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I have mixed feelings about that advice, because I see comments elsewhere on this site where people have done that with Steeda, and still have wheel hop.
Simply installing the parts will not fix wheel hop. You have to have the whole setup and have it professionally set up. Having it set up is the most important part and applies to any brand of suspension. Especially with a majority of Steeda's parts being adjustable. I have seen two mustangs with the exact same suspension and engine, one set up and one not. The set up one was half a second quicker in the quarter mile.

No offense to the people that still have wheel hop after installing the parts, but they either don't have all the parts or didn't get them set up. Most suspension parts are also designed to work in unison with other parts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I don't honestly know sorry, but it would have been posted on here somewhere - I have a tendency to save stuff that I think may be useful to me later :like:

It looks like it might have originally been a CJ Pony article.

I didn't really post it for the cost, it was more more for the list of parts as most seem to be selective when justifying not getting it i.e. typically ignoring the diff and gears.

On a Euro, we find ourselves in the unfortunate position of getting most of the PP1 bits, minus the dials (a nice aesthetic) and the Torsen (the most expensive bit) ... :facepalm:

Yes, but you have really good food and dental care in the UK! :wink:

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Simply installing the parts will not fix wheel hop. You have to have the whole setup and have it professionally set up. Having it set up is the most important part and applies to any brand of suspension. Especially with a majority of Steeda's parts being adjustable. I have seen two mustangs with the exact same suspension and engine, one set up and one not. The set up one was half a second quicker in the quarter mile.

No offense to the people that still have wheel hop after installing the parts, but they either don't have all the parts or didn't get them set up. Most suspension parts are also designed to work in unison with other parts.
Good to know, and thank you. I am looking at a car that is located close to a Steeda install center, and considering taking it there right after purchase for just that purpose. I appreciate your insights! Do you work for Ford? Are you in Michigan? That green works well for a Sparty fan!

Last edited:

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Good to know, and thank you. I am looking at a car that is located close to a Steed install center, and considering taking it there right after purchase for just that purpose. I appreciate your insights! Do you work for Ford? Are you in Michigan? That green works well for a Sparty fan!
Of course man, it's really surprising what these cars can do bone stock with the proper suspension getting set up correctly. Race teams normally outsource professionals to custom set their suspension up for the track they are racing that weekend.

I appreciate it! I do not work for Ford but I am an Automotive Engineer working on my doctorate currently! I mostly work with integrating electric motors with ICEs, similar to the KERS system in F1 cars. I'm down in Greenville, SC.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
FWIW - what matters to me is understanding from where are you starting - to do mods like Steeda offers. I understand what is on my 2016. It's not clear to me if the same parts are on a 2019, even though both are PP1 cars. The window sticker on the '19 has less detail than the '16. I will call Levittown and see if they or perhaps Ford Performance can clarify. Gracias mi amigos!
So I saved myself all the trouble you're referring to and just threw the Steeda catalog at my '16 PP car. I'm not new to cornering related suspension and chassis work, but I was new to the S550 platform. I wanted everything to work together and I wasn't happy with how the stock springs and shocks behaved. I contacted Steeda and told them what I do with the car and told them what I wasn't happy with in stock form, and they put together a list of parts for me. I followed their recommendations and I couldn't be happier. They provided awesome support, gave me a break on the price since I bought everything at once, and were 100% there with me with support after the sale as well. (I installed everything myself and gotten a defective upper strut bearing that was noisy, which they helped me trouble shoot and replaced no questions asked.)

I know many of us like to be independent and use a mix of parts we think is best, but in this case I think working with one vendor was the right thing to do and I'd do it again WITH Steeda.

OP
OP
plresultsman

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
So I saved myself all the trouble you're referring to and just threw the Steeda catalog at my '16 PP car. I'm not new to cornering related suspension and chassis work, but I was new to the S550 platform. I wanted everything to work together and I wasn't happy with how the stock springs and shocks behaved. I contacted Steeda and told them what I do with the car and told them what I wasn't happy with in stock form, and they put together a list of parts for me. I followed their recommendations and I couldn't be happier. They provided awesome support, gave me a break on the price since I bought everything at once, and were 100% there with me with support after the sale as well. (I installed everything myself and gotten a defective upper strut bearing that was noisy, which they helped me trouble shoot and replaced no questions asked.)

I know many of us like to be independent and use a mix of parts we think is best, but in this case I think working with one vendor was the right thing to do and I'd do it again WITH Steeda.
Thank you!
Sponsored