Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang Order Guide (U.S. and Canada)

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Not a fan of painted wheels since the paint scrubs off from curb rash pretty immediately. The chrome on my 2011 V6 Pony Package wheels is still as bright and shiny as ever three and a half years on, despite pretty excessive amounts of curb rash.
Sponsored

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
You live in Florida ... and this type of wheel is fine there.

I live in the midwest and my car is a daily driver.

On aluminum painted/machined/clearcoated wheels in the midwest, the machined & clearcoated surfaces most ALWAYS fail before the painted surfaces ... this has been my experience, especially where wheel weights have been.

Most newer OE Ford/GM/Mopar wheels now have a euro-flange on the outside so no wheel weights definitely helps.

Doug
I don't really see any differences between painted and cleared and I'm fairly convinced that all painted wheels today are also clear-coated. For my money, if it's getting anything other than polished and cleared, I'd prefer enamel. Everything chips and peels compared to that! Even when it does chip, it generally won't peel. It's like they WELD that stuff!

For the record, everyone in Florida is within roughly 70 miles of saltwater. It's in the air, on the roads, and on the vehicles. It isn't as bad as northeast Ohio by any means, considering buildup... then again, we can wash ours basically any day of the year. I lived in Texas, Ohio and VA for about 18yrs combined, so I am familiar with snow conditions.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Not a fan of painted wheels since the paint scrubs off from curb rash pretty immediately. The chrome on my 2011 V6 Pony Package wheels is still as bright and shiny as ever three and a half years on, despite pretty excessive amounts of curb rash.
So, don't hit curbs?

Just sayin' :D :p

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So, don't hit curbs?

Just sayin' :D :p
Which is very easy to say in theory, but much harder to do in practice when you're street-parking every day on one-way streets and you want to make sure you're as close to the curb as possible so that trucks passing through don't rip off your sideview mirrors or just scrape along the entire side of your car and leave a six inch deep crease from your rear to front bumper... happened to a friend of mine in March on his Focus; he had to get both passenger side doors (including windows), front fender, rear fender, front bumper, and rear taillights replaced because he was parked eight inches out from the curb and a truck just drove right through his car and kept on going.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Which is very easy to say in theory, but much harder to do in practice when you're street-parking every day on one-way streets and you want to make sure you're as close to the curb as possible so that trucks passing through don't rip off your sideview mirrors or just scrape along the entire side of your car and leave a six inch deep crease from your rear to front bumper... happened to a friend of mine in March on his Focus; he had to get both passenger side doors (including windows), front fender, rear fender, front bumper, and rear taillights replaced because he was parked eight inches out from the curb and a truck just drove right through his car and kept on going.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I envision NYC as automotive Hell. Cars out here sit around at night telling stories to other cars about how bad it could be if their owners lived in NYC. ;)

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I envision NYC as automotive Hell. Cars out here sit around at night telling stories to other cars about how bad it could be if their owners lived in NYC. ;)
Ha! Basically, yeah.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Talk about ghetto xxx!!!! Would you seriously put that on your Mustang? Lol. Definitely not here, not hard to park curbside at all

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
That's... a pretty brilliant idea.
LOL. Curb feelers were popular here when I was in grade school. That was when LBJ was president! Nothing new under the sun.

Mustang GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Fastback
Hey guys. Does anyone know if cruise control is standard in the base model cars? I used Edmunds.com to build a 2015, and if I wanted cruise control in the car at all it made me choose the premium models. That seems ridiculous to me! Not that I really ever use it anyway, but it's nice to know you have it. Especially when you're dropping over 30k on a base v8 model.

But anyways, with production starting in just a few days now.. when on Earth are they gonna go public with these torque and horsepower numbers! Fuel economy, etc. What's the big secret and why?

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I thought all (new) cars have cruise control these days. I guess I'd be shocked to hear about a car that makes you pay extra for it, since customers almost universally demand it today, except for maybe very low end, entry-level puddle jumpers.

Mustang GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Fastback
Yeah it has to be standard. It just wouldn't make sense if it wasn't. Edmunds.com must be the culprit. If there really isn't cruise standard though.. smh Ford. At the end of the day though, I just wanna know how much power is at the crank. :D

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Hey guys. Does anyone know if cruise control is standard in the base model cars?
The Order Guide for the base V6 calls out (under Interior Features) "Steering wheel, leather wrapped, tilt/telescope with speed and audio controls."

So it's standard from the lowliest V6 on up. Doesn't get mentioned in the higher models because of the way the Guide is structured. Each model includes everything listed for the one below it, except for the changes and additions noted.
Sponsored