Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang Order Guide (U.S. and Canada)

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
On this 7/1 update, they deleted "Track Apps" from the Base EB feature list, however it is not mentioned for the GT either. The much more detailed e-sourcebook states it is std. on all EB & GT, so I'll take that as fact.

Base EB now shows "Diamond Mesh Aluminum Instrument Panel Appliques" (used to state Bright Aluminum). This would also apply to the Base GT ... sounds interesting; can't say we've seen pics of this before.

Prem EB & GT now say "Satin Brush Aluminum I-P" and if you get the 68B Premier Trim pkg, it states the exact same (so why mention it if it is not different ??). I don't care for the Satin Brush look, so I was really hoping that 68B would give us engine-turned or something different.

The 18" Foundry Black wheels (641) used to state "Paint/Machined" now it just states "Painted" however the pic still shows a machined face. Really hope they are just "Painted" as wheels with clear-coated "Machined" surfaces don't hold up as well as a fully painted ones.

Doug

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
GT Only. From the Dealer Source Guide...
Hmm... I guess I could add it to the EB, but it would've been better if Ford had simply done it with all EB and GT's or at least been thoughtful enough to make it an option for any Mustang... after all, if I can do it in my garage, it's not like Ford would have a problem doing it on the assembly line.

Anyway... The whole thing has become a mess... a conglomeration of "evidence" as to a complete story... they've really mucked up the whole "This is Mustang" idea... and that's what happens when a company hands out part of their information through various sources and/or at various times. :thumbdown:

Thank you though, as I didn't wanna find that out, but needed to know. ;)

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
On this 7/1 update, they deleted "Track Apps" from the Base EB feature list, however it is not mentioned for the GT either. The much more detailed e-sourcebook states it is std. on all EB & GT, so I'll take that as fact.

Doug
track apps are listed as standard on the V6, ecoboost states "All mustang V6 Content plus..." and all the features lists find their way back to the v6.
looks like all vehicles get track apps.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The 18" Foundry Black wheels (641) used to state "Paint/Machined" now it just states "Painted" however the pic still shows a machined face. Really hope they are just "Painted" as wheels with clear-coated "Machined" surfaces don't hold up as well as a fully painted ones.
This post appears to show what these are.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
This post appears to show what these are.
YES ... those are with the "Machined Face", we've seen lots of pics of those.

Same basic wheel but "fully Painted" as the order guide now states, we have NOT seen.

Doug

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
track apps are listed as standard on the V6, ecoboost states "All mustang V6 Content plus..." and all the features lists find their way back to the v6.
looks like all vehicles get track apps.
I now see that they moved that to the V6 standard features under the "functional" column ... missed that when I first looked thru this update.

Doug

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
I'd rather polished aluminum wheels, period. Properly taken care of, they'll last fine and they're lightweight enough in general, plus they look good. If painted, when the paint comes off due to corrosion underneath, it's a mess. Till then, they look great.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I also noticed that some of the pages of the 7/1 guide still say 5/20 on the top...wonder if that was an oversight or if those pages got mixed up?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YES ... those are with the "Machined Face", we've seen lots of pics of those.

Same basic wheel but "fully Painted" as the order guide now states, we have NOT seen.

Doug
Those appear painted. The inside is a different color than the outer "spokes" (face), unless you are observing something different. In fact, the spokes appear clearcoated to me, but it could be my eyes.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Those appear painted. The inside is a different color than the outer "spokes" (face), unless you are observing something different. In fact, the spokes appear clearcoated to me, but it could be my eyes.
How they usually do this is paint the wheel, THEN machine it, THEN clear coat it. This what I'd like to avoid. Yes, these wheels look nice but painted wheels hold up so much better on a daily driven vehicle here in the midwest.

Doug

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How they usually do this is paint the wheel, THEN machine it, THEN clear coat it. This what I'd like to avoid. Yes, these wheels look nice but painted wheels hold up so much better on a daily driven vehicle here in the midwest.

Doug
To me, it only looks like the outermost spoke is the only thing that would be "machined", if anything. And in that photo, it looks like a flat surfact that was probably cast and painted and cleared.

I understand what you are saying. I think the wheel in that photo is what we will get. And having daily driven Mustangs also in the Midwest for many years, I would definitely not expect this wheel to be a problem, based on past experience.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I'd rather polished aluminum wheels, period. Properly taken care of, they'll last fine and they're lightweight enough in general, plus they look good. If painted, when the paint comes off due to corrosion underneath, it's a mess. Till then, they look great.
You live in Florida ... and this type of wheel is fine there.

I live in the midwest and my car is a daily driver.

On aluminum painted/machined/clearcoated wheels in the midwest, the machined & clearcoated surfaces most ALWAYS fail before the painted surfaces ... this has been my experience, especially where wheel weights have been.

Most newer OE Ford/GM/Mopar wheels now have a euro-flange on the outside so no wheel weights definitely helps.

Doug
Sponsored