Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
I'm sorry, but you are wrong. The system is in place and, per the op, is pursuing the proper course. They are investigating. They are the ones that should have already squared up with the OP.

You are presuming ford or the dealership is guilty already. Obviously it does seem as though one of them is, but it has to be proven before that one can be made to pay. There's no reason to start slandering both as you suggest he should do. Lest the op end up with a slander lawsuit slapped on him over it.

There is a system and its working. Right now, the insurance company of the OP has to do the right thing.
How is contacting a news station and telling them factual information and seeing if they can help speed the investigation along as slandering. Shit, my new ride just burned to the ground i want answers. Also, do you not think ford would be more involved or quicker to be if someone was hurt or killed. Yes they would. They would need to prove/disprove that they are not liable. I know there is a process but I wouldn't be satisfied if it was me. I want answers and I want them now. I did nothing wrong, and I am out my 40 thousand dollar car.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
How is contacting a news station and telling them factual information and seeing if they can help speed the investigation along as slandering. Shit, my new ride just burned to the ground i want answers. Also, do you not think ford would be more involved or quicker to be if someone was hurt or killed. Yes they would. They would need to prove/disprove that they are not liable. I know there is a process but I wouldn't be satisfied if it was me. I want answers and I want them now. I did nothing wrong, and I am out my 40 thousand dollar car.

Because you are ready to throw ford under the bus and they have nothing they can do at the moment. In fact, they probably couldn't even get the car from the insurance company right now. You want to set the media onto ford, not help move the investigation which is currently in the hands of the insurance company.

You said it yourself....

Big company, new great car, hiding something maybe, .....
Kinda sad, but it doesn't matter if you're satisfied or not (if it was your car). Only people he can be pissed at right now is his own insurance. If anything, this is a case of insurance company dropping the ball and not taking care of him yet.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Sounds like a lot of people in this thread have already inspected the car, before and after service, and know it's history. That is the only way to claim Ford is somehow at fault. If you have not done this, you have no idea what caused it and demanding answers is pointless.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree, blaming Ford right now or going to the media is childish and premature. The insurance has not even done their investigation or reported the findings yet as to the cause.

There is a choice C other than Ford is at fault and the dealership is at fault despite what some armchair lawyers here want you to believe. To have liability you must PROVE liability and causation. It is not enough that something bad happened. You must prove some defect in the product or mistake by Ford at assembly or at the dealership. The OP states himself no work was done under the hood at all. It is HIGHLY unlikely the dealership can be proven at fault then unless the insurance report shows some gross negligence by the dealership (dropped a screwdriver bit that slipped into the engine bay and clogged up the engine causing the fire etc).

The choice C in less legal terms is sh*t happens and sometimes no one can be proved at fault. This is why there is insurance.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I would like to add, that mechanical failure of a part should not be lumped into Ford is at fault. If there is an inherent engineering fault there will be (should be) a recall and the problem fixed. I mean, its not GM. But if a part simply failed, it is not Ford's fault, the dealership's fault, or the owner's fault. It makes it bad luck and that is why people have insurance.

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
I would like to add, that mechanical failure of a part should not be lumped into Ford is at fault. If there is an inherent engineering fault there will be (should be) a recall and the problem fixed. I mean, its not GM. But if a part simply failed, it is not Ford's fault, the dealership's fault, or the owner's fault. It makes it bad luck and that is why people have insurance.
I agree in part, the timing is my issue I guess. Let's say it was slightly changed. You get your new ride, handed the keys, fire her up, drive off the lot and poof your ride is in flames. Are you just sitting back waiting for insurance. If you say no, it's too new. Well then what is that number.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Because you are ready to throw ford under the bus and they have nothing they can do at the moment. In fact, they probably couldn't even get the car from the insurance company right now. You want to set the media onto ford, not help move the investigation which is currently in the hands of the insurance company.

You said it yourself....

Kinda sad, but it doesn't matter if you're satisfied or not (if it was your car). Only people he can be pissed at right now is his own insurance. If anything, this is a case of insurance company dropping the ball and not taking care of him yet.
His Insurance company is USAA and they take care of you...top notch!

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
You work for ford.

Hah not even close. Although I do work for a company that supplies to ford (and Chevy, dodge, bmw, Nissan, Honda and Kawasaki that I know of). I just have a very good sense of sit back and look at the whole big picture. I do have to be involved in many many incident investigations, from minor to major, and have to be objective and neutral.

If it was a brand new car, only ever had PDI done, never been in any else's hands, dealership hasn't been monkeying around in it, then I would be a lot more inclined. But 6,000 miles and been worked on, that brings a whole bunch more possibilities in.

I am, in no way, saying ford is not at fault. I am saying that wait until the investigation is done before someone (or some business) is crucified or blame is laid.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car

"...if a part simply failed, it is not Ford's fault, the dealership's fault, or the owner's fault."

What? Isn't Ford responsible for the parts it assembles into their cars? What about airbags? Are they liable at all if they don't go off when they are supposed to? There are about 20,000 separate parts (give or take) that go into making a vehicle, and most of these parts are manufactured by someone else other than Ford. I suppose one could say that "one" of these manufacturers that made the part that failed (if it was that) could eventually be held liable if indeed they find this was the problem, but that will happen far down the road long after the OP gets his/her situation resolved.

I agree with those that say that the insurance company should step in and take care of their customer right away, and then look into what happened later and deal with Ford and/or the actual dealership afterwards.

1. Take care of the customer 1st
2. Investigate after

Sponsored

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I'd also like to add that subcontractors can absolutely be made liable for faulty parts. As a machinist a few years ago, I use to machine parts for a well-known company that builds airplanes (purposely being ambiguous) and right on their blueprints was the phrase "loss of life part." This was on their prints for a reason. I can't imagine how many different parts are assembled into airplanes (big and small) and how difficult it would be to ensure that everything you have subcontracted out is being produced to acceptable tolerances. Ford knows this. I'm sure they've worked out acceptable DPPM's (defective parts per million) with their subcontractors and fully understand that there are going to be a few bad parts that slip through, and could potentially even be a part that causes a fire like this one. I'm not a lawyer, but IMHO Ford absolutely could be held liable in a case like this.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
How can all of you "Ford messed up at the factory" people ignore the INSANE coincidence that this issue occurred not only 6000 miles down the road but more importantly on a trip home from the dealership. I understand they weren't working under the hood but how many people can honestly say a mechanic hasn't popped their hood to poke around especially with a car like this. That V8 is irresistible. I am not saying who is or is not at fault but I am very interested to find out who ends up being the at-fault party (if anyone)

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
I'm not going to point fingers on who should be stepping up to handle this ATM...seeing as how the OP's insurance are investigating. Whether it is Ford or the dealership...it doesn't matter. What does matter is keeping a customer happy, regardless of how much the vehicle cost or who made it.

Communicating is all Ford needed to do. Contact the OP. Tell him they will do their best to take care of the situation in a timely manner and offer a free rental or loaner car. The dealership could have also done the same. Hell, they could have talked to each other and got a game-plan going. Regardless of who is in fact to blame...it's just good PR. Simple as that.

Instead...it seems like the typical grab-assed crap that happens in the world. No integrity is usually the culprit...or complacency. I say all of this frankly and with conviction because I've seen dealerships/companies step up in the past for myself and my family. I know how easy it is to just go out and get something done.

My 0.02...

Also, best of luck to you 5ohslow.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
People's expectations of what they feel they are entitled to is astounding (not speaking to the OP). I'm sorry but Ford does not need to pony up a rental/loaner car just because the car has their name on it until fault is determined. they do not need to reassure the owner until it's all determined either or they can get themselves into legal trouble of "admitting" fault.

Ironcitysteelers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White GT
People's expectations of what they feel they are entitled to is astounding (not speaking to the OP). I'm sorry but Ford does not need to pony up a rental/loaner car just because the car has their name on it until fault is determined. they do not need to reassure the owner until it's all determined either or they can get themselves into legal trouble of "admitting" fault.
We just differ I guess. I am one who will not accept when I am at a financial loss for something that is not of my doing. It's not about me feeling entitled. If I am billed for medical care and I do not get said care, I will not pay. If I buy a brand new car and it bursts into flames I am not going to have my insurance go up, or take a "claim" on my insurance because of it.

We are not talking about a broken part, a battery or something else from wear and tear. We are talking about a brand new car bursting into flames. That if in somewhat different circumstances could have been much different outcome. I could care less if it's ford or dealership. The buyer should not experiance any loss because of it. Again, not a part....car bursting into flames in under 6,000 miles.
To each his own. I would cause a stink. I'm not sitting by and waiting. (Not saying he is or they are).
Sponsored