Sponsored

2015 5.0 on Fire literally

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hell..... Could have been a rat chewed on the fuel line for all we know. Happened to my F150. Who's fault was that? Just sayin
Ford is 100% at fault. They should stop making their fuel lines so damn delicious and it wouldn't be a problem. I admit I've nibbled on a few myself.
Sponsored

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Ok ...my bad if I upset folks. Certainly not my intent. Not looking to change folks opinions, as I know I cant, they are my own expressions. In my feelings, and if it was me, (based on the info I have at this point), I'm raising hell. As I said, might not carry any weight but I'm going to try.

Just to put in in perspective about me. My wife had a medical issue, and had to go to the ER. Couple days of treatment. Etc. ect. In a nutshell, the care was horrible. When I received the 5000 bill I fought it and won. I just don't except loss that's isn't of my doing.

I hope I didn't rub folks the wrong way. I just hope this dude doesn't lose out for something based on all info provided isn't his fault. I will now bow out of this tread. Sorry.
It takes a big man to admit fault, or at least that there was a difference of opinion. I understand your point of view, but you have to look at it from a logical perspective. If the car caught fire without owner or dealership intervention (no mods, was not brought to the dealership within a certain timeframe, not an act of God, not a victim of an accident nearby, was not a victim of arson), then you can reasonably assume that maybe Ford is to blame.

Sort out the sequence of events and those involved, then eliminate anything that cannot be the cause, and you'll end up with a likely list of culprits.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
It takes a big man to admit fault, or at least that there was a difference of opinion. I understand your point of view, but you have to look at it from a logical perspective. If the car caught fire without owner or dealership intervention (no mods, was not brought to the dealership within a certain timeframe, not an act of God, not a victim of an accident nearby, was not a victim of arson), then you can reasonably assume that maybe Ford is to blame.

Sort out the sequence of events and those involved, then eliminate anything that cannot be the cause, and you'll end up with a likely list of culprits.
The guy bowed out of the conversation and agreed we have different opinions. Please don't come back with a "but" statement and attack him. He didn't say anything wrong and I am one of the ones he had a big disagreement with.

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Ford is 100% at fault. They should stop making their fuel lines so damn delicious and it wouldn't be a problem. I admit I've nibbled on a few myself.
Are they made of Redvines? I could see how they'd be irresistable. ;)

V6Convrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015V6Convrt 051A 3.55 Magnetic
installed the Fire Extinguisher, First Aid Kit and RoadSide (sometimes ya just gotta wait Ration Kit) in the SpareTire delete area. Hope I don't have to use the stuff. Any body read what you have to do to get the automatic out of park with a dead battery!!

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any updates from OP? Did the Fire Dept. have to do any sort of investigation to determine ignition source of the fire?

This thread sure got derailed fast with all the nonsense in between...

OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
Any updates from OP? Did the Fire Dept. have to do any sort of investigation to determine ignition source of the fire?

This thread sure got derailed fast with all the nonsense in between...

No. The insurance is totaling the vehicle. Won't here from ford for another 3 weeks is what the rep told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Ford already looked at it?

Sponsored

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium automatic select shift
OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
Are u getting a new mustang?

At this point I'm not sure. If ford were to offer some sort of incentive I would greatly considered it. However it seems like if they did offer some incentive it would be a few months and I'll need a car sooner than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thx for update.

Just curious - did you have GAP insurance on the car?

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
My DIB Prem GT goes into the dealer service center 3/17. May the luck of the Irish protect my car!